My character should be offended by this quest

Dilana

The other day I did [Heroic 2+] Recruitment on my Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer, and found the dialogue options kinda limiting considering the situation. Lord Sharoleigh wants me to go kill a bunch of alien Jedi, fine, good, but then she says 'All of them, inferior species. It's the thing I hate most about our enemy. They gladly enlist and promote non-humans.' I realize that hating aliens is common in the Empire, but I felt like my character should take offense considering the general terms she's speaking on as far as aliens being inferior and all. Best response I had available was basically asking why recruiting aliens is such a bad thing. Which gets brushed off like I'm joking. I see on torhead and darthhater, that there is an 'I'm an alien' choice, which I wonder how that would have gone, but I didn't see it in the options even after redoing the dialogue over to select all the different options.

The other day I did [Heroic 2+] Recruitment on my Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer, and found the dialogue options kinda limiting considering the situation. Lord Sharoleigh wants me to go kill a bunch of alien Jedi, fine, good, but then she says 'All of them, inferior species. It's the thing I hate most about our enemy. They gladly enlist and promote non-humans.' I realize that hating aliens is common in the Empire, but I felt like my character should take offense considering the general terms she's speaking on as far as aliens being inferior and all. Best response I had available was basically asking why recruiting aliens is such a bad thing. Which gets brushed off like I'm joking. I see on torhead and darthhater, that there is an 'I'm an alien' choice, which I wonder how that would have gone, but I didn't see it in the options even after redoing the dialogue over to select all the different options.

I know what you mean, I had the same thing being a Chiss. Well, I would have truly enjoyed killing the NPC, I finally just refused the quest (with a sharp comment from my IA, of course).

Sith aren't "aliens".

Usage of the Dark Side puts you above whatever species you belong to in the empire. From my point of view, once you have earned the distinction of sith, what species you are/were is no longer important. All that matters is power.

Sith aren't "aliens".

Usage of the Dark Side puts you above whatever species you belong to in the empire. From my point of view, once you have earned the distinction of sith, what species you are/were is no longer important. All that matters is power.

Your point of view is fine but in the game, every other mission that some npc asks you to slaughter aliens (or slaves) just because, gives you the option to rub the fact that you yourself are an alien (and a former slave) in their face.

From my point of view, it's a facet of my characters personality and progression. Besides the fact that it doesn't make logical sense - what sith would brush off being told her species was filth and deserved to die? It's a small issue, but one line of missing dialogue can make the whole encounter feel broken.

Reminds me of the mission in Taris, republic side, that I refused because there was no appropriate dialogue option. The one where the scientist lady wants you to infect yourself with plague. I didn't get to say "are you out of your freakin' mind?!" or even "if you pay me enough I'll do just about anything". I decided I'd rather skip the reward than have to hear my smuggler agree to it with no fuss whatsoever.

Sith aren't "aliens".

I would like to agree on this but to add just a small thought. Yes if you are a sith, you no longer belong to your species in the eyes of everyone else. You are a sith, strong, powerful and proud warrior that only wants to achieve victory at any cost...

BUT, because this game wants to promote "choice" over all else, I also find it weird that there is no choice to tell the dude off because you can be light side and still care about the plea of your people or other alien species.

BUT, because this game wants to promote "choice" over all else, I also find it weird that there is no choice to tell the dude off because you can be light side and still care about the plea of your people or other alien species.

I would have liked a dark side option to electrocute that shew's ***, then either refuse or accept the mission.

thats the point of working in a racist empire. those above you will call you names and badmouth your heritage. and no you cannot speak out against them because if the entire empire is racist, there's nobody you can appeal to.

just like in real life! you arent gonna go up to an SS soldier and say "buddy dont be so discriminatory or ill talk to your officer"

The sith are nothing like real life, there's no option of force lightning or force choking annoying people in real life. Besides, you guys are missing the point - the fact that the npc does not recognize the fact that she is saying these things to an alien. And that every other conversation (that I've personally encountered) in the game up until level 50 does.

That's really all it comes down to. Why bother defending and trying to rationalize a missing dialogue option in one mission?

When I played a pureblood sith inquisitor I found that large amounts of dialog made no sence, I often agreed that aliens should die, which may not seem odd at first but I was talking to a human. His an alien to me and I am an alien to him. At other times I was treated like a human especialy on the start planet where the fact I had red skin and full face tenticles.

These days I only play humans because thats who the dialog was written for, pretending otherwise is just silly. Alien speices in TOR have been handled very badly and feel almost like an after thought.

thats the point of working in a racist empire. those above you will call you names and badmouth your heritage. and no you cannot speak out against them because if the entire empire is racist, there's nobody you can appeal to.

just like in real life! you arent gonna go up to an SS soldier and say "buddy dont be so discriminatory or ill talk to your officer"

Except for the fact that Sith don't get an option to say "I'm an alien you idiot", and technically we're also they're superior officers' superior.