Datacron's on Makeb?

Bethmora

2 Datacrons on Makeb. According to the achievement system on the PTS (Makeb Datacron 0/2)

Just two? Somehow I excpected more... guess they will have to be like the fleet one and increase multiple stats, otherwise it would not everyone would get their stats... or it must be one endurance and one presence... which would be somewhat lame.

Just two? Somehow I excpected more... guess they will have to be like the fleet one and increase multiple stats, otherwise it would not everyone would get their stats... or it must be one endurance and one presence... which would be somewhat lame.

What if it was Matrix Shards? Maybe some new colors for maybe new Matrix Cube Relics to make with different stats than what we already can make from them. That would interest me. :rolleyes:

What if it was Matrix Shards? Maybe some new colors for maybe new Matrix Cube Relics to make with different stats than what we already can make from them. That would interest me. :rolleyes:

Okay, let us assume for a moment it is one or two matrix shards. If they have the colour we already have, they are boring. If it is a new colour, why then not three shards? If it is one or two new colours, they would make make it less urgend to have three of the same colour and also if the best comination is only with the new colour(s) then it would mean that everyone who is not going to buy the expension will get an additional penalty which I think is a bad place to start. So, overall, I see no addvantage in having there matrix shards, but plenty of drawbacks.

and also if the best comination is only with the new colour(s) then it would mean that everyone who is not going to buy the expension will get an additional penalty which I think is a bad place to start.

Um, why?

What if the new Matrix Cube (if there is a new one) is for level 55 only?

Also, you must understand that there are bound to be things that will make buying the expansion more enticing. I don't see why you'd consider it "an additional penalty". The game is moving on. If someone chooses not to move on with it, more power to them, but they should be aware that they will no longer have access to the best gear. They shouldn't hold back because someone might not want to buy the expansion nor should they give out everything for free, since this is still a freemium and not a completely free MMO.

Edited by TheNahash

Um, why?

What if the new Matrix Cube (if there is a new one) is for level 55 only?

Also, you must understand that there are bound to be things that will make buying the expansion more enticing. I don't see why you'd consider it "an additional penalty". The game is moving on. If someone chooses not to move on with it, more power to them, but they should be aware that they will no longer have access to the best gear. They shouldn't hold back because someone might not want to but the expansion nor should they give out everything for free, since this is still a freemium and not a completely free MMO.

Best gear will still come from operation, and everyone with a sub can play them. So, people who are happy with just doing that don't need Makeb, and should not to have to need it. Anyway, just a whole new matrix cube would cheapen all the other matrix shards in the game, regardless how BioWare will do it (the only version not to cheapen them is by adding 4 new shards of the colours we have and make it possible to bind four shards of the same clour to be the new best matrix cube, but you need to have four new datacrons to do so).

I don't think BioWare should necessarily give out stuff for free, but when they start separating players (which is in my opinion always a bad idea in an MMO), they should not make it about money spend (because it would become pay to win that way, because if you don't buy it you are no longer able to get the best stuff).

Hopefully.

Maybe some that have higher stats like +20 and you have to be at least Level 50 to open them or something. I'd love to see some that require a group to get or at least a challenge since it's been so long since the last ones.

I'd love some new uses for Matrix shards to create some unique crystals or some new useful relics.

Okay, let us assume for a moment it is one or two matrix shards. If they have the colour we already have, they are boring. If it is a new colour, why then not three shards? If it is one or two new colours, they would make make it less urgend to have three of the same colour and also if the best comination is only with the new colour(s) then it would mean that everyone who is not going to buy the expension will get an additional penalty which I think is a bad place to start. So, overall, I see no addvantage in having there matrix shards, but plenty of drawbacks.

Well I did say "Matrix Shards" and "New Colors" as in Plural, even though I was thinking of (1) in my head. :rolleyes:

Lets just say if it was (1) new shard that was a different color.

Well if it was just (1) more color, that would add something like 16 new combinations to choose from. That is just a looking at the amount from the combinations we already have.

(If anyone finds my calculations are off, feel free to correct them. I just did a quick guess from looking at a combination chart on what we already have.)

Now with some of the already existing combinations, we do have some that take (2) and (3) of the same colors. So if they added (2) or (3) more shards of the same color then that would just increase that number from 16 to either 20 or 21 depending if it is (2) or (3) shards.

(Like I said earlier, if my calculations are off feel free to correct them.)

So...

I personally think that (1) new color shard would be more than enough. But I am always inclined to say " the more the better". :p

To me we should just have (1) Matrix Color Shard per Planet, and (4) other Datacrons that increase some sort of Stat. As we get more planets we should get more Datacrons. That is just my opinion.

So with Makeb, if they would go by what I think, there should be (5) Datacrons and not just (2). (1) with a shard and (4) that give stats. Like I say, that is just my opinion. I also hope that there is more than just (2), and what ever they are I hope they are worth getting. :D

• 1 month later...

The presence one is quick and easy. The endurance can take some time, but you get to see Makeb from some pretty cool vantage points. I really enjoyed the hunt for all the datacrons in the game...though some can be frustrating :d_mad:.

Makeb +10 Presence Datacron video

Makeb +10 Endurance Datacron video