companions when first starting

QuietKhaos

I just started this game and am a subscribed player. im told I should have companions in my mailbox when I made my toon. There is nothing there other than some fireworks and titles. Well and I little droid pet. can anyone help me figure this out? thanks

You were misinformed, there are no companions that you receive simply for subscribing.

There were some time-specific companion rewards for subscribers, but those only go to players who were subscribed at the right time.

The original game was designed to be played without a companion until you get your first story-related companion.

You should play the game the way it designed, at least the first time through. Story-given companions have mission-specific dialogues that the cartel market/sub gift companions do not.

As above, there are no companions you get automatically, in the mail, when you start a new character. Unless, that is, you are making a new alt, and you've already gotten some companions as subscriber or whatever rewards. But for a totally new player, you don't start with a companion.

What the others said is right, but FYI there is an easy to acquire account wide companion - Darth Hexid.

You just need to do 40 flashpoints etc. (across your account). Once you do the 40th, that character will receive a mail with an item to get her.

She then goes into your "collection" and for a small amount - I think 10 cartel coins which the achievement gives you - can be unlocked for every character on your account, and can be immediately claimed by brand new characters.

If you want some free stuff in the mail, I believe these codes still work. They can be applied here on the website, in the MySWTOR bit.

SWCELEBRATION19

NYCANTINA16

SWCELEBRATION17

SWCANTINA17

What the others said is right, but FYI there is an easy to acquire account wide companion - Darth Hexid.

It's a *legacy* thing, not an account thing. If you play on multiple servers, you cannot combine ten here with twenty there and ten more in the other place to make 40 unless you transfer characters around.

• 3 weeks later...
I played this game on and off for many years, and I'll be honest.. I didn't even know about Darth Hexxid.

She's a companion originally introduced during the DvL (Dark vs Light) event. If the LS won we got a Chiss Jedi named Master Ranos, if the DS won we'd get Darth Hexid. The LS won, but BW decided to give us Hexid later on as a sub reward or through the achievement.

The LS won, but BW decided to give us Hexid later on as a sub reward or through the achievement.

She was never *just* a sub reward.

It was *only* as a gameplay achievement. Initially there was a short short short "three GF FPs or three Warzones" achievement(1), and after the initial period ran out, it was replaced by the one we have now, to do forty activities, each of which is *either* an FP or a WZ.

(1) More precisely: there were two achievements, one for three WZs and one for three FPs, and either was enough to get Hexid.