Did the Star Cabal control every event? Did the Emperor even know about them?

Lavariusstar

I've gotten towards the end of the imperial agent and I'm wondering " Could they really manipulate everything into all out war?" I've played the other classes and I know some of them were responsible for re-igniting the war, Plan Zero for the sith warrior,the destruction of the Gauntlet Superweapon,and numerous other things.But how much did they exactly control? I just need some clarification

I think it is part control part manipulation.

They may not move the pieces directly but they can push people into making certain decisions and taking advantage of the way events unfold.

Only Darth Jadus is beyond their control, his will is the destiny of lesser men.

I doubt he knew and even if he did know he wouldnt care. In fact the destruction of the jedi and sith together which was what the Star Cabal was aiming for on Corellia would be playing into the Emperor's hands since he

In the JK story, wanted all those deaths to recreate his ritual which wouldve allowed him to consume all life on Corellia

Did they control every event? No, they kept the Republic and Empire apart - with Revan's help - for hundreds of years. Then they decide to help break the Truce because they changed their minds (well the new generations were corrupt is more accurate) and wanted both sides gone rather than distanced from each other.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing that the Star Cabal are mostly opportunists. They strike when they can, hide otherwise.

And from that perspective, yeah, I can see them doing pretty well. They hide, they make a move when it looks likely to pay off, and otherwise they just slink about in shadows. I doubt the Emperor knows about them, but who knows?

And from that perspective, yeah, I can see them doing pretty well. They hide, they make a move when it looks likely to pay off, and otherwise they just slink about in shadows. I doubt the Emperor knows about them, but who knows?

I suspect if the Emperor did know about them, he would nonetheless consider them beneath his notice. The Empire itself is only a tool of convenience for him, after all. And if the Jedi and the other Sith all kill each other off, all the better for him, since it just reduces the number of those who could potentially oppose him.

I suspect if the Emperor did know about them, he would nonetheless consider them beneath his notice.

At the very least, there's some dialogue in the game that basically says that the Force users consider all non-Force users to be beneath their notice. Which is where the Star Cabal thrives...they're pretty much ignored/disregarded because the Emperor/Jedi/whatever else is like, "Whatever...you're just a bunch of force blind wannabes..."

So it does seem entirely possible that the Jedi and the Sith sort of know about them...just don't care all that much. And the Star Cabal exploits that as a way of killing all of them.