how do you defeat the colicoid broodmaster?

The only way I was able to do it was waiting until I got Chain Lightning (to aoe all the adds at once) which was the real problem for me (Sorcerer). During the beta, I didnt figure that out until I had completed the next planets missions and it was still more difficult than the elites 6+ levels above it.

I done it on 18lvl, after several times of restarting... :)

1. You must have "Channel the Force" ready to use.

2. Max out all possible equipment for you and companion.

3. Use stim for willpower and ready maximum affordable medpack.

4. Khem Val going for DPS mode, you for "tank" mode, use skills like Mark of Power and Guard on him. Charge you staff with "dark charge".

Battle.

1. Rush into battle. Boss go under ground and strike you 250 dmg. Then attack, shock, electrocute, and melee. Hi lose 25-30% hp and go underground again, summoning minions. Now activate Channel the Force. You MUST aggro them all and kill as soon as possible. It's not hard. Overload them, then shock (one down), Force Lightning (second), melee all that left and go for Boss, help you companion. Electrocute boss (Channel the Force recharge your Electrocute).

2. Now he lose another 30, and another time go underground. Repeat step 1 and kill second wave of minions. You companion almost dead now and soon perish. Focus on boss, after he kills Khem Val and goes for you, use medpac (if needed) and finish him off. You will be able to make his last 25-30% hp disappear.

4. Khem Val going for DPS mode, you for "tank" mode, use skills like Mark of Power and Guard on him. Charge you staff with "dark charge".

Battle.

1. Rush into battle. Boss go under ground and strike you 250 dmg. Then attack, shock, electrocute, and melee. Hi lose 25-30% hp and go underground again, summoning minions. Now activate Channel the Force. You MUST aggro them all and kill as soon as possible. It's not hard. Overload them, then shock (one down), Force Lightning (second), melee all that left and go for Boss, help you companion. Electrocute boss (Channel the Force recharge your Electrocute).

2. Now he lose another 30, and another time go underground. Repeat step 1 and kill second wave of minions. You companion almost dead now and soon perish. Focus on boss, after he kills Khem Val and goes for you, use medpac (if needed) and finish him off. You will be able to make his last 25-30% hp disappear.

Thank you very much! This helped me beat him, fairly easy. I'm a level 19 Sorcerer.

I got to level 20 as my Sith Sorcerer (lightning spec) so that I could use chain lighting.

The method was something like. DPS the broodmaster, when it went underground I shielded myself, waiting till the broodlings got close to me, used chain lighting, and then did that funky ground pound thing to finish them off, then went back to DPSing the broodmaster.

I had a lot of difficulty before I got chain lightning, but once I had that it was a cakewalk.

Did it yesterday after few tries, with a lvl 21 Assassin. After maxing out my equipment (and my companion one) I was able to do it, not after seeing Khem Val dead and my health bar nearly finished :S

A very hard encounter, I must admit it.

Battle.

1. Rush into battle. Boss go under ground and strike you 250 dmg. Then attack, shock, electrocute, and melee. Hi lose 25-30% hp and go underground again, summoning minions. Now activate Channel the Force. You MUST aggro them all and kill as soon as possible. It''s not hard. Overload them, then shock (one down), Force Lightning (second), melee all that left and go for Boss, help you companion. Electrocute boss (Channel the Force recharge your Electrocute).

Thanks a lot for your insights. Being a healer spec sorceror I couldn''t follow exactly what you suggested, but close enough to make all the difference.

lvl 21 Assasin Cannot beat this fight tried for two days. Khem Val drops shortly after the first wave spawns. I have no way to heal him. I use a heal stim on myself but.

I even tried pulling Boss into the tunnel didn''t help. Cause the adds still chase me down and kill me.

This fight needs to be adjusted easy fix is to make the boss stay gone until adds are gone then boss comes back. I could beat it then.

all you sin's really need to start making better use of ur stuns and remember to target fire with khem, it really helps to hit the same target as him. I did this on my 1st try at like level 18. It went something like this..

open with 4 second stun, let khem get agg and just keep mashing him down with all ur abilities.

he goes under and those things come out, hit same target as khem and when they get close to u use the jump thing to push them all away and kill them off.

by the time main boss comes back up u should have ur stun back up again and than stun him. use that tank regen health buff once u guys are at like 40%.. once khem is at like 15-25% hp, switch the agg and u take control.

just remember to stun often, switch agg back and forth if need be, keep an eye on ur buffs and only use maul when the buff thing procs, and use shock/discharge everytime its up. those are priority skills.

Edited by vosslerx

These suggestions didn't work for me, even at level 21, but I'm probably not using my assassin as well as I should be...

Here's what did work for me:

* Killed everything on the way in.

* Ran through the broodmaster chamber and through the exit tunnel to the round chamber with the elevator. You'll run past a bunch of colicoids. If you die on the way, just rez and keep running to the elevator chamber.

* The colicoids will bunch up at the entrance to the elevator chamber. Wait for them to dissipate, then kill everything in the exit tunnel.

* Aggro the broodmaster and get him to follow you as far into the exit tunnel as you can. Halfway to the elevator chamber should be good enough.

* Attack the broodmaster. He'll burrow and send broodlings, but the broodlings spawn in the main broodmaster chamber and it takes them a while to get into the exit tunnel to your position. The broodmaster reappeared before the lings got to me. Without the lings attacking me, he died very easily. He was only able to spawn lings once. Also, not all of the lings came into the exit tunnel. Some were still in the main chamber when I went back for the artifact.

When I did this I fought the broodmaster with Crushing Darkness, Electrocute, Force Lightning, and Shock. I alternated between Lightning and Shock and Saber Strike while the other two refreshed. When the broodlings attacked, I hit them with Dark Charge/Discharge and Overload and attacked them directly. (There was only one small wave of broodlings and I was able to ignore most of them and concentrate on the master.)

I didn't use Channel the Force because this was my third attempt and it was still recharging. I had just tried the other method mentioned in this topic twice and it didn't work for me. (Like I said, I'm probably not using my assassin as well as I could be.)

I guess it's possible to lure the broodmaster all the way back to the elevator chamber and fight him there from a distance. It wasn't necessary in my case. I killed him the first time I tried this technique.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Scriven

Just did it today on my lvl 19 sorcerer. The trick is that he only summons the add twice; first at the beginning of the fight and again at the end. Could be on a timer but to me looked more like was tied to his HP, though I didn't catch any numbers.

Started by pre-shielding both me and Khem, pulled the boss to the tunnel entrance and DPS'ed him as much as possible. When he summons the small adds, single targeted them down and CC'd the broodmaster himself with whirlwind. Took my time, healed us both and pre-shielded again.

DPS'ed him again as much as possible. He summoned the adds again at ~10% HP. Just ignored the adds and burned him down. After he died, heal us again while Khem killed the adds one by one. It helps a lot to have specced for extra 20% on your shields in this fight and in general; means more time to DPS without interrupting to heal Khem.

Ok, I had the *worst* time with this until I did the following

After like a dozen tries I went ahead to Nar Shaddaa and got some equipt from intro quests there since I was lvl 21-22 anyway, bought Khem a vibroblade out of the Promenade there that was better, also grinded (ground? ha) on space missions to get enough creds for stims and medpacs.

Then, I respec'ed to Darkness only b/c that was the spec of a fellow Sin who had an easy time. also - !!!Put the "Guard" skill on Khem Val!!!

Got all the way up to lvl 23 that way, which I'm not sure was necessary, but after the Darkness respec I was able to beat her the first time and Khem didn't even die.

Guard on Khem helps a *lot*

...I'm not really sure it's the boss anymore that needs tweaking, but maybe the Deception and Madness skill trees. FWIW.

Respec is cheap so if you are set on your spec just redo it after the fight :)

Best - Valk

I did this as lvl 21 with my assassin. Was specced Deception. Had best willpower stim I could buy up and used Khem as my tank. Took me like 5 tries to win but I ended up setting Khem to passive and pulling the boss back to the first giant room and fighting it there.

I had the boss about 75% dead by the time the first set of adds showed up because they have to run all the way from the main room to where you were.

Also read somewhere too that in the main room there's an exploding box that you can use to do a lot of damage too but I didn't end up doing that when I won.

• 1 month later...

Just soloed this on my 16 Madness Sorc. Originally I was going for the route mentioned above where you lead the broodmaster toward the exit. But as I was running through (Barely making the exit.) I noticed the mobs never cross the threshold to the exit. So after clearing out the pathway I lead the broodmaster to the exit, went just past it, leaving Khem Val and thus the boss right at the edge of the exit. She called her minions twice but they didn't show, and Both I and Khem Val survived. The minions of course had to be cleared in the central area to get the relic. I can only surmise that if you get the broodmaster to the edge of the exit, her minions spawn but for some reason don't make the run to save her, either that or I killed her fast enough. Regardless it is possible to solo this at lvl 16. :D

<Ookami Legacy - Darth Sion Server>

• 1 month later...
These suggestions didn't work for me, even at level 21, but I'm probably not using my assassin as well as I should be...

Here's what did work for me:

* Killed everything on the way in.

* Ran through the broodmaster chamber and through the exit tunnel to the round chamber with the elevator. You'll run past a bunch of colicoids. If you die on the way, just rez and keep running to the elevator chamber.

* The colicoids will bunch up at the entrance to the elevator chamber. Wait for them to dissipate, then kill everything in the exit tunnel.

* Aggro the broodmaster and get him to follow you as far into the exit tunnel as you can. Halfway to the elevator chamber should be good enough.

* Attack the broodmaster. He'll burrow and send broodlings, but the broodlings spawn in the main broodmaster chamber and it takes them a while to get into the exit tunnel to your position. The broodmaster reappeared before the lings got to me. Without the lings attacking me, he died very easily. He was only able to spawn lings once. Also, not all of the lings came into the exit tunnel. Some were still in the main chamber when I went back for the artifact.

When I did this I fought the broodmaster with Crushing Darkness, Electrocute, Force Lightning, and Shock. I alternated between Lightning and Shock and Saber Strike while the other two refreshed. When the broodlings attacked, I hit them with Dark Charge/Discharge and Overload and attacked them directly. (There was only one small wave of broodlings and I was able to ignore most of them and concentrate on the master.)

I didn't use Channel the Force because this was my third attempt and it was still recharging. I had just tried the other method mentioned in this topic twice and it didn't work for me. (Like I said, I'm probably not using my assassin as well as I could be.)

I guess it's possible to lure the broodmaster all the way back to the elevator chamber and fight him there from a distance. It wasn't necessary in my case. I killed him the first time I tried this technique.

Hope it helps.

As a lvl 18 sorcerer I used this method.

- Killed everything on the way down

- put pet on passive and bubbled

- ran all the way to the exit area (bubbling along the way).

- When I jumped into the exit area, all the trailing mobs reset.

- went back and killed my way to the boss (pet/tank)

- pulled the boss all the way back to the exit without jumping into the exit area.

- Burned the boss until it went underground.

- it came back up and I continued to burn.

- by the time it went under again, the 1st set of adds were just coming up the ramp.

- it came back up and I burned the boss down. then killed the 1st set of adds.

- the second set never came at me.

- went back and killed the second set of adds in the main room and looted the goods.

Thanks for the help!

As a lvl 18 sorcerer I used this method.

- Killed everything on the way down

- put pet on passive and bubbled

- ran all the way to the exit area (bubbling along the way).

- When I jumped into the exit area, all the trailing mobs reset.

- went back and killed my way to the boss (pet/tank)

- pulled the boss all the way back to the exit without jumping into the exit area.

- Burned the boss until it went underground.

- it came back up and I continued to burn.

- by the time it went under again, the 1st set of adds were just coming up the ramp.

- it came back up and I burned the boss down. then killed the 1st set of adds.

- the second set never came at me.

- went back and killed the second set of adds in the main room and looted the goods.

Thanks for the help!

I ran this as a level 17 Assassin. At first was having trouble, died two or three times, but I was getting lower than half health on the baddie, so I knew I could do it. This was the first help I found on a strat for him.

Force Speed let me get past the main chamber, and then again to get to the elevator chamber without taking much damage. Once you get into that elevator chamber (the bugs following me reset like Cisco-Kid said), there are 2 more bugs. Killed them and then pretty much followed the above (and the post that he followed) and it was easy. The real deciding factor was pulling the boss to the end of the tunnel, otherwise the minions catch up too quickly. I died once because I only pulled the boss to about the middle of the second tunnel. Once I pulled him to the end, it was cake. Thanks for the help everyone :)

(Also, I haven't used any skill tree points yet. Not sure if that matters to you guys or not. I spammed my regular combo of spells to burst him down, set KV on DPS mode and I only really hit him 2 or 3 times once KV died.)

Iirc, I did this one at 20 on my DPS Assassin, and 19 on my healing Sorcerer, but on both of those Khem is well-geared (orange gear with blue or purple mods at level) and my toon is also well-geared.

Both times, I just pulled her into the corridor away from the room (the adds will always spawn in the room, and if you are in the corridor they will usually not aggro - I was with a friend helping him a few days ago, and the adds came down the corridor).

If you pull her all the way back to the room with the toxic waste, you can use the exploding barrel there to weaken her a bit.

Make sure Khem is bubbled at the start of the fight, pop Recklessness and spam the lightning, keep refreshing the bubble on Khem as soon as you can, heal him if you have to.

is it posible to team up with sum for this mission, lvl 19 assass and just cant kil him its bs

Yes, you can team up. Either offer to swap class quest help for same or get a guildie to help you. It seems to be a little harder for Assassins (no heals) than Sorcs.