Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am typing on an iPad and its auto correct is wonky.

They were in the republic base camping the respwn point. Think about that until you figure it out

Yes, and that is a problem. They shouldn't be allowed to do that and if anything that the "response" says is true then it should never have happened to begin with. Still though I have to ask. Why did you insist on feeding the griefers valor when you could have simply stopped.

I have no idea what to say.

So effectivily you took all of this time to do... what exactly? I don't care that the patch was exploited, thats naturally going to happen.

But the long awaiting reponse was, we're aware, he's a half hearted solution and we can't be bothered to fix the mistake.

Does make you wonder what they did all that time. Just looking at the numbers?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

First off, I highly doubt you will do anything. As you do nothing to help people with the tickets open for an extremely long amount of time.

I was level 58 Valor last night and still 58 cause this isn't that fast of a gain. It's better than WZ's but ya. If you punish one person, you damn well better punish EVEYRONE EQUALLY, no matter how much they gained.

DO NOT DISCRIMINATE.

Is there a video out there showing a player gaining insane amounts of valor because of this exploit? It might help BW make this a higher priority if there was evidence presented that showed players gaining an unusually high amount of valor.

How is this a giant last straw. Seriously people, the game is barely a month old. I mean, do you really have that lil patience. I've played a lot of MMO's in my time. In no way did I ever expect this game to be perfect or even close to it at launch. players exploited a fault in the system today. Republican players who repeatedly fed those taking advantage of it, your as much to blame as bioware is. You see a problem, remove yourself from it until it is fixed. Simple as that. You cry more than my five year old nephew. All of you crying about canceling, the community here will be much better off without you. For those of you who understand MMO's are under constant development, I look forward to sharing this game with you for some time.

That's exactly the case we do NOT have the patience for gross incompetence like this. With as many MMO's that have been out in the last 10 years they should have seen many of these issues coming. You have 1 month to convince people you are capable of designing a game that is fun and fair. They failed.

Before BF3 was patched... what? I never had the BF3 loading screen randomly pop up during actual gameplay while I was capping a flag or killing an opponent lol nor did I ever had any difficulty running the game in Ultra mode. Your point is?

It had its connection issues but actual gameplay was never broken hardcore. You must be confusing it with ****** COD.

Point made.... figure it out and your iq will increase.

The amount of crying in here is hilarious. To everyone rage quitting and un-subbing don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh and enjoy your pandas and wow-kemon. ;)

I don't play WoW. Haven't in almost 4 years, and won't be starting again.

But that's okay, you can be an arse all day long.

BioWare needs to grow some balls and actually close Illum, rollback the Valor, and suspend those responsible. (Including BioWare employee's that failed to see this coming)

Stop going to illum and having a blast doing some world pvp instead of complaining, really, this is the most fun I've had in world PVP since vanilla wow!

SWTOR ROX!! This is the game we've all been waiting for. You people all know it is too, you are NOT going to quit your subs! its a manipulation and we all know its what spoiled children do when they want something done their way.

What I am wondering is why you didn't shut down the servers the moment you realised that wasn't happening? That would have saved so much trouble instead of letting this crap continue for like 9 hours.

BioWare froze up. Completely unprofessional. They saw an obvious exploit, taking place en masse across every server (they were obviously monitoring things closely on a patch day) and did absolutely nothing about it for hours and hours, until it was too late for them to easily shut down and reset the servers.

This is quite possibly the worst response to a game breaking exploit I have ever seen. BioWare sat and watched as hundreds of Republic players were spawn camped with no way out (unless they were lucky enough to queue for a warzone, then get AFK booted back to the fleet) and did.. nothing. FOR HOURS. That's simply inexcusable, to allow one whole faction of each server (be it Empire or Republic, though we know it was mostly Republic) of your player base to be exploited repeatedly for hours on end, while the other faction obtains far too much PvP experience for their efforts... and doing nothing about it.

That's nothing short of disgraceful, BioWare. I've been disappointed in BioWare before plenty of times, but I've never been angry with them before today. This was shameful to an extreme.

-Macheath.

Yes, and that is a problem. They shouldn't be allowed to do that and if anything that the "response" says is true then it should never have happened to begin with. Still though I have to ask. Why did you insist on feeding the griefers valor when you could have simply stopped.

All they could do once trapped there was log out and not play that character until it gets fixed.

You can't use fleet pass or quick travel cause of the debuff and they couldn't reach the speeder guy.

Because for some people they had problems unsubbing (no no hating people who love the game enjoy yourself (and yes i mean that) ) but for the people having problems. In another thread i posted this:

==========================

There should as far as i could read be two things that work (cant check already unsubbed so )

add

/cancel

At the end of the url when you are on the main account page if that doesnt work try

https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription

Edited by Aenoria

BioWare needs to grow some balls and actually close Illum, rollback the Valor, and suspend those responsible. (Including BioWare employee's that failed to see this coming)

They should have closed Illuim as soon as the issue began.

If there really was an 'Insta-kill zone', they would immediately have noticed that it was broken -- and brought down the zone, if not the servers.

However, they have left the broken zone open.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Get through your thick head that this is the only realistic solution that they can implement. If you think they can punish hundreds of thousands of players that got their progression legitimately in the whole game today in order to roll back the few hundreds that got it by exploiting, you must be the most delusional creature on the planet.

People at level 50 fighting it out on Ilum are the vast minority compared to the vast majority of the playerbase that isn't even near to get there.

Demanding for them to completely void the progression of the vast majority in order to hit the vast minority is ludicrous. The only thing you should be asking for is exactly what they promise, for those in that vast minority to be pinpointed and adressed individually.

There's no other solution in the realm of realism. Simple as that.