Sentinel's Overlooked?

I have responded to fleet requests for one more DPS for a hard mode. After replying that I was a sentinel when they ask, they continue to spam for one more for a hard mode.

The first was False Emporer and the second Maelstrom Prison. Both of which i have completed before.

There was no talk of gear or spec, but I have over 16k health with mixed Champion/Columi gear.

I don't understand what the general perception of Sentinels are for a DPS class but I typically am within the top 3 in PvP damage and objective contributions. (Focus spec)

It's bad enough that I have to have the same look as every other knight, but do I also have to be the same class as everyone else to participate in these?

Uh no, it is just those people probably. Some people don't get class specific which is their fault. I ask for a healer but then I state I would rather have a sage then a commando or a scoundrel. You can always get more proactive and start creating your own groups. Edited by SentinelDranoel

It's generally agreed that melee DPS are at a disadvantage to range DPS when it comes to bosses because of the AoE knockbacks and having to walk from trash to trash etc

But it is in no way justifiable to deny anyone based on class. Me and Guildys cleared HM EV with melee DPS without issue.

They just have no idea what a well played sentinel can do.

I could create groups but I love to be a follower in game. Less pressure and it's less frustrating for me.

I'm also melee which doesn't give me a great sense of my surroundings since I'm typically covered in volley fire and screen flare.

I was just curious what the general perception was on Sentinels. I've heard people claim the are underpowered but it's really hard to tell in PvE without damage meters.

-they might had a guardian tank who didn't want competition on loot

-they might already had a sentinel

-they might already had one melee dps, most pugs take only one from my experience

-they think sentinels suck (your argument)

any of those might be the reason why they didn't take you (although ignoring you is a ****** move)

-they might had a guardian tank who didn't want competition on loot

-they might already had a sentinel

-they might already had one melee dps, most pugs take only one from my experience

-they think sentinels suck (your argument)

any of those might be the reason why they didn't take you (although ignoring you is a ****** move)

I know in one case a commando was the one asking so I assumed he was the other DPS. Also, Jedi Guardians wear heavy armor so unless it was a saber drop, I doubt it.

Anyhow, I appreciate the feedback, this at least tells me I don't have to re-roll, just try more PUGs until my guild has more 50s to run with.

Thanks.

Also, Jedi Guardians wear heavy armor so unless it was a saber drop, I doubt it.

However, if eg. a columi token drops it's base class specific, not advanced class specific.

So if a columi chest token drops from false emperor, both sentinels and guardians can roll since it's for Jedi Knights in general.

As for my own experience as a sentinel, never experienced being excluded for being a sentinel. 2-3 times I have been dropped due to a groups desire to get a balance between melee/ranged. However, the problems of my server rather relates to a general low republic population rate.

I know in one case a commando was the one asking so I assumed he was the other DPS. Also, Jedi Guardians wear heavy armor so unless it was a saber drop, I doubt it.

Anyhow, I appreciate the feedback, this at least tells me I don't have to re-roll, just try more PUGs until my guild has more 50s to run with.

Thanks.

Commando could have been the healer.

The problem was most likely a Jedi Knight already in the group not wanting to share the columi token should it drop and/or you're melee dps. Taking a melee DPS is enforcing a handicap on the team. Not saying it can't be overcome, but the trip would be a lot smoother with a ranged DPS.