Why does Mako suck?

BBriggs

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment I'm sitting at 46 and she is the only companion I have used at all.. Her healing does get ALOT better which makes it easier to solo stuff in the later levels.

Just hang in there and you'll eventually come out okay.

Aye I done the same. If anything she needs a nerf as she makes the game too easy ;)

I like mako alot, yea i died a few times early on. But that was due to the fact I miss-geared her. After learning what stats worked for her she's been great. I havnt gotten torian yet, but i have used gualt. Gualt is good when you are in areas with maybe a mob of 2. I usually set him on the elites while i take down the lesser. Then I heal him to max then engage the elite, never had a problem. With bigger groups mako is the way to go. Just make sure you equip them properly.

Sometimes partners glitch out and refuse to help, sometimes you forget they are not in attack mode. check these things. Also check if you've turned off her abilities accidentally. Mako is by far the best companion you will get, damage is not all that great, but as an arsenal BH i don't really care.

She seems to do pretty well with me, in general she might be a little rough on battles with more than one Strong or a swarm of regular opponents. But in a 1 on one battle, even with Elites around 2 levels above me, I usually come out on top with maybe a Rapid Scan of my own here and there. Agreed she doesn't seem to do much damage (cause she's always healing me) but as long as she keeps my stats up I can manage.

I am only level 32 at this point, so I haven't had Gault much, so I still tend to rely on Mako, but I am starting to take Gault out on runn where I am cleaning trash mobs, but I usually switch to Mako before the boss battle. As a Merc, and building on the Bodyguard tree, I SHOULD start relying on my own h eals, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Her electric shock attack is a great interrupt as well.

Mako barley heals and does almost no damage. I really hate that shes my only option at the moment to have out as my companion. Does she get any better? Or will I continue to die everytime I fight a mob higher level than me?

You must have a different Mako than I do, Mine heals me very well, I can take elites my level, plus elites 1 or 2 levels higher. Her damage is fine, just like your character, you have to gear her out.

there's always the chance that Mako just isn't stanced. The game does a real bad job of remembering whether or not your companions are in the appropriate stance as you file through them on your daily routine. And give her cunning gear!

There's also always the chance that your companion is just woefully undergeared. you don't always get the chance to get them implants, ear pieces, or helmets, and its worth realizing this. dumping a couple credits into filling empty slots is well worth making your companion perform.

Granted, if you're a mercenary, you pretty much need Mako up until you get one of the tanky companions, because you're going to be eating a lot of hate and you have to get the survival in there somewhere, even if its just Mako pumping green healing lasers into the holes everyone is shooting into your face.

If you're a powertech though, you are doing yourself a serious disservice if you're still using Mako late in the game. As long as you're hitting your Quells, you shouldn't have any trouble surviving any fight in the galaxy, it simply becomes a matter of how fast you want everything to die.

Gault is pretty much the best thing to ever happen to powertechs. He's practically a force of nature. He'll kill everything before you even have a chance to worry about whether or not you should have had Mako out slapping bandaids on you, and he comes with an AOE dot that will trigger your Railshot, so you can open on it with impunity without having to set it up by wrist-blading or popping your gas cylinder.

Torian should be equally hitty, but he has one serious flaw- its very difficult to upgrade his weapons, as he uses an electrostaff- an item that generally isn't itemized for Aim, Torians base stat. Gault is pretty easy to keep on the top shelf- just save your commendations and hit all your bonus quests on every world that has weapon upgrades, and keep a shiny custom rifle up to standard on him, and he'll blow holes in everything that crosses his path.

Mako - best friend of shield tech, if geared properly of course, you can kill almost anything killable without getting a sweat, really good companion for lazy style of play. Gault and Torian is nice to, but they demands more concentration on combat. It's a shame that Blizz is almost useless for tanks, he is so cute :( Edited by Urukkhan

I find her heals really arent all that great, but maybe its because I dont know what gear to give her (willpower?). She gets a stun ability at some point, which makes her a lot better. I find that when I need to take down an enemy quick, Gault does a much better job of dishing out damage.

She gets a stun ability at some point, which makes her a lot better.

I hate that stun. Or rather, I hate that Mako doesn't remember that I don't want her stunning every melee mob in sight. I want to stack up the mob groups for aoe, not keep someone 30 meters away.

Why does Mako's stun always revert back to autocast?

As PT after level 40 Mako is the only companion I've used. What you gain in kill speed using the other companions, you lose by having to rest your hp back.