Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have done this with Ilum until it was ready, I'm glad they are holding it back to make sure it works properly. Ergh /IcoulddosomuchbetterifIwasdevelopingitRAGEQUITUNSUBbeaVirginforrestoflife Edited by jorobe

You have handled the management of this game extremely poorly and this reflects upon you as being extremely bad at your chosen professions... With a dissatisfied playerbase removing the one saving grace for all the PvP servers and then try to buy us off with another nonsensical gear grind for WH gear is not only a bad idea but also insulting and downright disgusting..

If rateds is not added within the next week or two i foresee F2P in this games future. And this is coming from a guy who up until this point has supported this game completely..

I think EVERYONE WHO RESUBBED YESTERDAY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DOING RATED WZ'S SHOULD REQUEST A REFUND IMMEDIATELY! THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT IN ITS PUREST MOST DECEPTIVE FORM!

Edited by Meluna

Yous gots to be trollin.

Reasons things that don't get implemented and it's not announced until in the 11th hour:

• It causes serious issues when trying to update the software on the servers.
  • It causes serious client-side errors.
  • It could cause a game-breaking issue with something like the Game Economy.
  • There is a SERIOUS exploit only noticed during this late time.

these are not the reasons; it's because "it's not how they want it".

While some people, as you say, might be acting as spoiled children, Bioware is acting like a very, very bad parent....

or an off-market Ponzi Scheme...

or an unreliable company...

or a bad investment.

Companies can aim high all they want, but when a company continually falls short, they should aim lower...and I think many can agree that is what's happened several times since release.

Or the slightly more reasonable, they tried until the 11th hour to impliment it but once they got that close they realised they couldn't do it for whatever reason, valid or not caused the overestimation or optimism.

I understand your frustration, but that's just not the case.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.

Great you are not lying, just simply incompetent when its comes to QA?

Officer: I am happy to report we are out of the water gentlemen!

Soldiers: Excellent, yay, hurray!

Officer: Erm, 1 more thing. We kinda fallen into a volcanoooo....

So we dont drown, we just burn. Its really different.

I'll make a DEAL with you BW......

When you decide to ROLL OUT rateds if a 150m * 250m room for death matches (AKA Arenas) comes with it then I won't leave your game.

But ATM I no longer feel like PAYING for a BETA.

Edited by Swidgin

Unfortunately, this is the case. You will be able to queue in an eight-man team when Ranked Warzones are implemented.

Regarding the timing of this announcement, the decision was made late in our testing for Game Update 1.2, after the team had examined the data and done additional internal testing. There was no deliberate delay. As soon as the decision was made, we communicated that to you. We realize it's a late announcement, but we felt it was only fair to communicate the change before Game Update 1.2 was pushed live.

Work on re-instating Ranked Warzones has already begun, and is the highest priority for the PvP team right now. They all want to bring the feature to you as soon as possible. However, we will not compromise on quality by rushing it to launch. As Daniel said, once we are satisfied Ranked Warzones work well and are fun for all who want to take part in them, we'll launch them.

You realise that pvpers were mostly looking for 1.2 as not being forced to play with 4 pugs, right???

Hahahahahahahaha!

Oh man, you can really feel the hatred flowing. You gotta give it to 'em. These PvPers really know how to RAGE. Anyway, it's very likely that the things were not going well in the testing process and they need to rework some stuff. So, no biggie, would rather have a feature that works than one that's buggy as hell.

And there would be just as much rage on the pve side if the new raids were not put in due to bugs. And imagine if they did this and still let you get the gear, but it would just take 3 times longer than previously expected. Then imagine all the PVP features being added and only the PvE stuff was delayed.

Don't pretend for a moment that the tears from that would somehow be less than what you are seeing here.

If you knew your update wasn't "deployable" until just now today, then you have bigger issues on your management team than just this one delayed feature of your patch.

Timing and communication is everything when you are running a MMO.

It's gaming 101. Heck it's business 101.

Honestly, this move just makes you guys look greedy. I know so many people who re-subbed specifically for 1.2 rated warzones. I doubt they'll do it again and put their trust into your company.

You suckered them in for their 15 bucks this one time, hope it was worth the loss of a potentially longer term customer.

Edited by IndoTW

Hahahahahahahaha!

Oh man, you can really feel the hatred flowing. You gotta give it to 'em. These PvPers really know how to RAGE. Anyway, it's very likely that the things were not going well in the testing process and they need to rework some stuff. So, no biggie, would rather have a feature that works than one that's buggy as hell.

Nice to hear I'm not the only sain person on these forums...

Be careful pvp'eres anger might lead to the dark side, but killing the hand that keeps giving you content and acctually listens to your complains is silly...

Why doesn't Bioware just remove PVP from the game already. It is obvious they don't care about any of the pvp community one bit, this has been evident since launch and the continued failure of properly being able to address pvp issues other than slowly and painfully try and fix a broken system with each patch.

If there was a major bug that prevented the new flashpoint or operation from working you think Bioware would say "sorry all you pve people that content we promised won't be in 1.2".

This type of crap only happens on the PVP side and it is obvious there is either a lack of resources devoted to pvp game systems or simply a lack of ability.

You have handled the management of this game extremely poorly and this reflects upon you as being extremely bad at your chosen professions... With a dissatisfied playerbase removing the one saving grace for all the PvP servers and then try to buy us off with another nonsensical gear grind for WH gear is not only a bad idea but also insulting and downright disgusting..

If rateds is not added within the next week or two i foresee F2P in this games future. And this is coming from a guy who up until this point has supported this game completely..

I think EVERYONE WHO RESUBBED YESTERDAY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DOING RATED WZ'S SHOULD REQUEST A REFUND IMMEDIATELY! THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT IN ITS PUREST MOST DECEPTIVE FORM!

+1000 internets to you

Well I'm not one to usually come on here an QQ but **** me! I just resubbed 2 days ago and this was something I was really looking forward to. Now to contact Customer Service and see if they can credit me back or call my CC company. Whichever works...

I am extremely disappointed in how this was handled Bioware. Of all the things coming in the patch, by far the two largest and game changing things was the adjustments to crafting and PVP. Now half of that is gone.

I really hope the new operation passes muster, because at this point you're on thin ice in my book.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.

Stephen thank you for the response to what is obviously a great concern for fans. I personally feel if we could get some insight into what was wrong with the system as well as a time frame for when we can expect to see ranked warzones in games it would go to alleviate many concerns the community has. The blog post said it would be "phased" in which I take to mean it will be over the course of several patches but not necesarilly patch 1.3 or 1.4 but rather perhaps in between the major patching cycle?

Edited by TonyIommi

how can you say it is anything other than that?

either your internal testing detected this problem and you did nothing about it for the month+ that 1.2 was on PTS, or you had no idea because there was no thorough internal testing and something from the test last week raised a red flag.

either way, the blame is entirely on the PvP dev teams lack of effort.

also, we deserve to know what the gamebreaking issue is. you guys need to learn to communicate with the community better or its only going to get worse