Best way to make money synthweaving?

TheZombieEli

I just recently maxed out my synth, but most ingredients cost more than the finished product. Ofc I can gather them myself, but that takes time. So, what's the best thing to craft to make money (and if I need to find a specific schem, where can I?)

Probably MK-9 augment kits. Depends on the server but they're usually pretty profitable.

That would require cybertech as well for the most cost efficient.

Endgame synthweaving (if you do not have cybertech to feed it components) is all all about augments. Augment schematics are acquired through slicing but they are usually dirt cheap on the GTN: less than 5k each. There are five versions that Synthweaving and can craft:

• Might: Strength and Endurance
  • Resolve: Willpower and Endurance
  • Redoubt: Defense rating and Power
  • Alacrity: Alacrity rating and Endurance
  • Command: Presence and Endurance

But only the first three are really worth making: Might, Resolve, and Redoubt (you might find someone who wants an Alacrity every now and again, but don't count on it; and I have never seen anyone who wanted Command Augments). The best available grade is 28.

The schematic you purchase will get you the green/premium version, you have to reverse engineer to get the blue/prototype and the craft and RE blues to get the purple/artifact.

Augment market is pretty bad right now on the server I play, as in it is heavily reliant on crits and undercutting is fierce to the extent that even posting below mat cost may not sell before several people post pages of undercuts, leaving you reposting over and over to move your stocks.

While there is profit on the crits even buying mats, it is very low compared to just selling the Thermal Regulators, and something I don't find worth the time and effort.

Interestingly enough, I can buy mats off the GTN to make MK-9 parts with Cybertech, and turn the parts into kits, and turn a profit on each kit, plus the crits, all while easily selling dozens and dozens a day.

Or when I'm lazy (RE'ing droid parts gets old), I'll just chain missions and sell all mats for profit.

Edited by DawnAskham

Thanks for the info. At the moment, I'm trying to craft augments for my own gear. This requires slicing parts (bio-mechanical interface). Is there a way to get this without taking slicing/buying from GTN? I assume so, since i was able to craft a few augments before I ran out of the part, so I had some just laying around in my inventory.

But only the first three are really worth making: Might, Resolve, and Redoubt (you might find someone who wants an Alacrity every now and again, but don't count on it; and I have never seen anyone who wanted Command Augments). The best available grade is 28.

Actually, I gather there is a market for Alacrity augments. I've seen a few threads on the forums mentioning Alacrity as being useful for healers, if no one else. I can't speak to how widespread that view is, and like you I certainly wouldn't recommend Alacrity augments, but I did manage to sell ten of the purple 28s a couple weeks back without significant delay, and at a 105k price.

Of course, I made them purely by accident (clicked through ten of them while thinking I was making Might Augments for an alt, then didn't notice it until hours later, when they were already made) and wouldn't do it again, but I'm guessing they're not a completely lost cause.

Thanks for the info. At the moment, I'm trying to craft augments for my own gear. This requires slicing parts (bio-mechanical interface). Is there a way to get this without taking slicing/buying from GTN? I assume so, since i was able to craft a few augments before I ran out of the part, so I had some just laying around in my inventory.

Only ways are slicing or buying. Buy them off the GTN, they're dirt cheap, ~200 each.

I used to sell light purple armor with my synthweaver for good profit. The purple mats were as cheap as blue UT metals so even at a lower price the purple armors made money.

But that was back in the day. After 1.2 the sorcs and Assassins dried up. Maybe now that they are getting a buff it may be a market is 2.7.

Everything I've tried, it's pretty hard to make any kind of profit. Seems I picked the wrong skill. 28 Augments make no profit, since it costs 80K to buy the needed 4 thermal regulator, which is about the going price for the finished augment. Selling raw mats makes a bit of money compared to the cost of running the missions, but it takes a preeeeetty long time to build up a full stack. I'm considering dropping underworld trading and picking up slicing to get my own thermal regulators, but I assume it takes a while to get 4 even that way, since they're purple. I guess for my next toon I'll pick up something more profitable. Edited by TheZombieEli

Making money from any of the crafting options is not easy. If your starting out the competition for 28 augments means you probably can't afford to do it and make a profit. You won't have the mountain of materials many players who have been in game since launch have.

My advice is to think about who you are selling to. At level 50-55 nearly everyone is in cartel market armour fitted out with components from flashpoints, operations, Makeb or bought with planet comms. Augments are all most of those people need. But if you dial it down a few levels crafting starts to become viable. Most people like myself will wear crafted armour up until the point they switch to cartel stuff. Certainly all the companions will. That armour is bought from the GTM or crafted themselves. I tend not to waste planet comms when I am in my 30's and early 40's on armour. Like most people I save them for the Makeb mods etc you can buy at 50. So that leaves a gap that people like to improve a character but can only do it through crafting or buying. It's why level 3/4/5 materials are so expensive to buy off the GTM. So my tip, gather and craft blue items wearable in your 20's, 30's, early 40's. You will be surprised how expensive they are on the trader and you should make a lot of money.