Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

Phasersablaze

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he was talking about Force Push, Force Wave or equivalent knockbacks?

The number of ways to "interrupt" ravage is quite high.

No he obviously meant interrupt. If he meant KB he wouldn't have said to save your stun. Not to mention every class does not have a KB. He said use your interrupt which assumes every class has one.

Honestly I'm not surprised stuff like this is coming out.

No he obviously meant interrupt. If he meant KB he wouldn't have said to save your stun. Not to mention every class does not have a KB. He said use your interrupt which assumes every class has one.

Honestly I'm not surprised stuff like this is coming out.

Every class does have an interrupt and yes I meant any form of interrupt aside from stun yes go ahead use stun to interrupt my ravage I'll eat it spam massacre and force scream since my Ataru proc gives me auto crit on force scream. And guess what you are screwed when I pop UR cuz guess what I'm probably at full resolve so stun is not gonna work and you get to eat everything I throw at you. Thats pretty much how I get 90% percent of my kills in pvp.

This is based on the assumption that:

1. The Sentinel/Mara gets the jump on me first and can open up fully with his abilities shortly after engaging me. On my Shadow Tank this rarely happens except in Huttball where you are much more likely to be singled out away from your team. My Shadow is usually stealthed trying to achieve objectives on ALL maps and in the case I see a Mara/Sent approaching I stealth and get the jump on them first. On my Vig specced Knight it doesn't matter. I've learned to play him so well that I've burned Maras down in seconds. Doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough. On my level 35 Smuggler I've burned Maras down by keeping them at range. On my smuggler it is much harder but it can be done. There is always a tactic to take down any class in this game if you've observed or played them all.

2. I had another but I forgot but the above more than makes up for it. I have a Mara and I'm learning more and more about the class and how to play him but it is hard work but also rewarding. I think my Mara was the first class I broke 200k damage with. Since then I've done it with my Vig specced Knight and my Balance assasin but the Mara really helped me to appreciate the class and that all the whining I was doing was nothing. It's the skill of the player and some players can play them very well. I can tell when I'm up against a noob Mara/Sent in pvp because of how quickly I've beaten them.

This is based on the assumption that:

1. The Sentinel/Mara gets the jump on me first and can open up fully with his abilities shortly after engaging me. On my Shadow Tank this rarely happens except in Huttball where you are much more likely to be singled out away from your team. My Shadow is usually stealthed trying to achieve objectives on ALL maps and in the case I see a Mara/Sent approaching I stealth and get the jump on them first. On my Vig specced Knight it doesn't matter. I've learned to play him so well that I've burned Maras down in seconds. Doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough. On my level 35 Smuggler I've burned Maras down by keeping them at range. On my smuggler it is much harder but it can be done. There is always a tactic to take down any class in this game if you've observed or played them all.

2. I had another but I forgot but the above more than makes up for it. I have a Mara and I'm learning more and more about the class and how to play him but it is hard work but also rewarding. I think my Mara was the first class I broke 200k damage with. Since then I've done it with my Vig specced Knight and my Balance assasin but the Mara really helped me to appreciate the class and that all the whining I was doing was nothing. It's the skill of the player and some players can play them very well. I can tell when I'm up against a noob Mara/Sent in pvp because of how quickly I've beaten them.

Considering equal gear, any sent that loses to a vigilance guardian is just plain bad.

Every class does have an interrupt and yes I meant any form of interrupt aside from stun yes go ahead use stun to interrupt my ravage I'll eat it spam massacre and force scream since my Ataru proc gives me auto crit on force scream. And guess what you are screwed when I pop UR cuz guess what I'm probably at full resolve so stun is not gonna work and you get to eat everything I throw at you. Thats pretty much how I get 90% percent of my kills in pvp.

Lol this just takes the cake. He STILL doesn't realize that interrupts don't stop Ravage. He even had the perfect chance to save face and claim that he meant knock-backs, but instead he just digs himself a bigger hole.

I never say this unless it's really bad but...lol what a noob!

And you just proved my point why GBTF is better than a stun. It forces team to NOT FF the sent. And CCing them only works if their healers are too stupid to use cleanse.

Nice straw man attempt but I didn't say or try to prove anything of the sort. PVP 101: Attack the healers first, ignore or cc the DPS (most dps are hard to kill with an unmolested healer and a tank nearby, even with focus fire). PVP 103: Attack the healer's tanks first (sometimes).

It's funny you claim having a regular stun is the best defense in skirmishes and duels, yet fail to realize sents are currently one of the best duelers right now, even though every other class (except guardians) has a regular stun, and sents don't.

Sents are in the top 3 or 4 advanced classes in 1v1, yes. They lose plenty vs several classes though and several specs can beat them from the other advanced classes with the right skill/gear. That has nothing to do with my argument tho.

God you are bad. Like 700 RWZ rating bad. And the worst part about your baddiness is that you really think you're good. You're the kind of idiot who probably yells at their team in WZs for sucking, but at the end of the match has done jack****. Please go play Hello Kitty Island Adventures instead.

Does it get tiring being wrong about everything? I never claimed to be a great pvper but I would love it if these forums had an Armory - makes it much easier to filter out the trolls.

Edited by WaywardOne

Nice straw man attempt but I didn't say or try to prove anything of the sort. PVP 101: Attack the healers first, ignore or cc the DPS (most dps are hard to kill with an unmolested healer and a tank nearby, even with focus fire). PVP 103: Attack the healer's tanks first (sometimes).

And this just proves you've never done any real RWZs. Good teams don't FF healers first, they just CC them (healers CCed = no cleanse) or stick one dps on them to interrupt heals, and essentially force them to be defensive and only heal themselves, and not the team. VGs are the first to die always.

Sents are in the top 3 or 4 advanced classes in 1v1, yes. They lose plenty vs several classes though and several specs can beat them from the other advanced classes with the right skill/gear. That has nothing to do with my argument tho.

Only classes sents will lose to consistently are snipers, hybrid sins. They roll everyone else, or have a >50% chance to beat them.

And this has everything to do with your argument because you claim having a regular stun >>>> GBTF in duels or small skirmishes. Well, seeing as how sents are top dogs w/o a regular stun, your claim is stupid as hell.

Does it get tiring being wrong about everything? I never claimed to be a great pvper but I would love it if these forums had an Armory - makes it much easier to filter out the trolls.

How does it feel to be delusional? God I wish this game had an armory so I could look at how terrible you are. But we don't have an armory, so go ahead and feel free to ask on the server forums.

Anyone who would trade GBTF for a regular stun is a dumber than Sarah Palin.

Edited by Smashbrother

From 1.2 Patch Notes:

Jedi Knight

General

Awe no longer costs Focus to activate.

Dispatch can now be used on targets at or below 30% of maximum health (up from 20%).

Force Kick no longer costs Focus to activate.

Force Leap now places a "root" visual effect on the affected target.

Master Strike can no longer be interrupted, and its damage has been increased by approximately 15%.

Yes I was wondering the same thing when I first started however he tooltip for ravage is wrong it is very much interruptable. Happens to me all the time by people who actually know what the hell they are doing instead of those that scream nerf cuz they suck and are unwilling to try and get better. I will post a screenshot tomorrow as proof. Edited by Exgrunt

Yes I was wondering the same thing when I first started however he tooltip for ravage is wrong it is very much interruptable. Happens to me all the time by people who actually know what the hell they are doing instead of those that scream nerf cuz they suck and are unwilling to try and get better. I will post a screenshot tomorrow as proof.

Seriously, stop. An actual interrupt does not work on ravage. It requires some type of CC (stun, mez, kb, etc) or vanish to break it.

Lol so many posts got deleted. I wish I could see the shame wash over exgrunt's face when he tests out whether MS can be interrupted or not, and finds out he's dead wrong. Anyone want to take bets on whether he'll actually come back and admit he's wrong? Edited by Smashbrother

Don't be too hard on exgrunt, he's made an embarrasing but honest mistake. Many people who play sents/maras probably don't realise how easy they have it.

Just had to query a claim made earlier though: scoundrels/ops have a "godmode"? Wish someone had told me about it.

We do have Dodge: 3s (4s with set bonus) of 100% increase to dodge, which means most melee and ranged attacks will miss. Sadly, tech and force attacks still cream us. So if it's a godmode, then I can only assume the god in question is the god of toilets.

Come off it, sents/maras have amazing defensive CDs, no-one else compares. It's disingenuous to claim otherwise.

Edited by Wainamoinen

I tested it and was indeed wrong. I apologize for anything I said that crossed the line I was incredibly drunk that night after going to the bar with my wife. And no I am not embarrassed or shamed Smashbrother, I am not the type to easily shame or embarrass.

OP is trolling. He said Mara's Force Push him twice within 5 seconds. Mara's don't even have Force Push and Juggs/Guards have Force Push, but it has a 1 minute CD. This can't be life. He also stated Charge stuns people, which it doesn't.

It roots and often times, you Charge someone and they are not even rooted and just continue runnning while your Charge goes on CD and you're still out of melee range of them. He also stated that Obliterate has a 30 meter range. Then someone corrected him and he changed it to 15 meter range. It has a 10 meter range. And the OP claims to have a Sentinel?

I don't think so. If you did, you would not be making QQ threads on this forum and instead be getting rolled in WZ because you're a bad player and could not play a Sentinel as effectively as you can play the other faceroll classes in this game that QQ about them. Why is it that when I play the other classes in this game, it's so much easier than my Sentinel? Why am I rarely targetted or die whenever I play one of the ranged or healer classe? Why do I enter WZ's at level 10 on those classes and break 100-400k healing and almost no deaths?

You guys are bad and should feel bad back-peddling and keyboard turning away from Mara's jumping on you. If you spent enough time learning how to play a Marauder so that you knew it inside and out on how to counter it like I do on your classes, you would be a better player (not much though, because remember, you are still horrible at this game and can't counter one of the easiest classes to counter). I mean, on my Mara I have the worst stun in the game, a 3 second channeled, self-CCing, interruptable by all interrupts, KB's, stuns, mezzs, etc in the game and can still shut down any Mara that decides to pop UR instantly thus completely negating his survival CD entirely every single time. You are so bad. How hard is it to pop your instant stun, KB, root, kite, etc the Mara while UR is active.

Or better yet, stun right before and kill them before they can even blow it. I mean, seriously. You guys are so bad at this thing we do. If I were you, I'd just unsub now and save yourself a lot of heartache here. You're just not cut out for competitive gaming.