Gunslinger DPS parse Dirty fighting

vadyy

So I'm playing a Dirty fighting smuggler, I have 246, relics, ear piece and implants. 246 mods and enhancements and my armourings are set piece 230, but I only seem to be pulling 6.5k Parsing. My rotation seems to be solid.

Am I doing something wrong? or is this the parsing I should be getting? I really don't know how I can improve it?

Edited by vadyy

• 4 weeks later...
if you want you can post your parse here and i'll have a look over it :)

http://parsely.io/parser/view/377904

Here is my mnost recently parse on a dummy with armour reduction module and the 1.5 mil health.

I do around 10k at the start but I cant sustain it and it slips down to 7.8 usually BUT that's now what im having trouble with..

During an actual storymode ops im only doing around 5.5 to 6.5k and sometimes only doing around 4.5 -5k and I don't get what im doing wrong in actual ops bosses. even thee ones that are relatively easy where I can just croach there and shoot without much movement or interference! Any help would be appreicated

I suggest haveig a look at the parses on parsley for gunslinger... but one thing I can tell is your apm is low, I’m guessing you’re a clicker? If so I suggest starting to convert to keybinds, otherwise just try to get that’s little higher. It will come with more experience

I am a clicker, unfortunately I just cant do keybinds, my APM will be lower with them if I do most likely

After a lot of practice a clicker can get similar APMs of keybinders, it just takes a lot of training and good placement of the abilities, along with quick mouse movements.

Going through your rotation of your parse, I believe I counted 5 instances of delayed wounding shots and 3 instances where no abilities were used. The rotation of dirty fighting / Virulence all revolves around wounding shots having 4 GCDs between every use. After your 3rd wounding shots would be the first instance this occurred, you using Wounding, quickdraw, vital shot, shrap bomb, dirty blast, then used flurry instead of wounding again.

As someone suggested keybinding does help, but if you are adamant about clicking there have been compromises that would still help. One thing I taught a clicker friend of mine is to keybind defensives and buff abilities, like your smuggler's luck and illegal mods. Since they don't follow the GCD having them key bound would probably increase your APM significantly as there are gaps from you using buff abilities.

Could help with stats as well if you'd like to list yours, but work on perfecting the 4 GCD rule between wounding shots should be the biggest thing to increase your numbers.

After a lot of practice a clicker can get similar APMs of keybinders, it just takes a lot of training and good placement of the abilities, along with quick mouse movements.

Going through your rotation of your parse, I believe I counted 5 instances of delayed wounding shots and 3 instances where no abilities were used. The rotation of dirty fighting / Virulence all revolves around wounding shots having 4 GCDs between every use. After your 3rd wounding shots would be the first instance this occurred, you using Wounding, quickdraw, vital shot, shrap bomb, dirty blast, then used flurry instead of wounding again.

As someone suggested keybinding does help, but if you are adamant about clicking there have been compromises that would still help. One thing I taught a clicker friend of mine is to keybind defensives and buff abilities, like your smuggler's luck and illegal mods. Since they don't follow the GCD having them key bound would probably increase your APM significantly as there are gaps from you using buff abilities.

Could help with stats as well if you'd like to list yours, but work on perfecting the 4 GCD rule between wounding shots should be the biggest thing to increase your numbers.

Okay so sorted my rotation so I follow the 4 GCD before next wounding shots rule and Did the same parse, with armour reduction and 1.5 health, defeated dummy in 3 and a half minutes and managed to sustain around 7k DPS but had more at the beginning! Can you look at my new parse and see if you can suggest anything else? My APM has gone up to about 35 APM rather than 32, which shows some improvement! I guess when I get my alacrity gets up with 248 enhancements (246 mods and enhancements with 236 armour) although im having a little trouble with gear! Ive been using bants guides and using all the Enhancements, crystals and augments he suggests to have and I cant see to get anywhere near the required for some of my stats! I know that I haven't got 248 mods and enhancements yet but I don't see how just that will help! My stats are

Mastery:6419

Endurance: 8621

Power: 3993

Critical: 1695

Alacrity: 1647

Accuacy: 757

These stats are with Class buffs and stim Im using a Proficent accuracy stim as bants suggests. I don't have anywhere to improve critical! but I guess it will improve with the boost from 248 gear enhancements?

Hey there!

So first of all, it is normal that you dps drops after the opener, that goes for every spec in the game.

For Dirty Fighting, it should be High damage in the opener>steady lowering damage>damage highering again under 30% on the dummy/boss with cooldowns available.

It is also completely normal that you do less damage in actual bossfights than on the dummy due to multiple factors like downtime or mechanics of the fight.

As for clicking, it can be managed but you really need to put effort into it in order to get the same results as a keybinder, if your new to the game/ a spec i wouldn't recommend it.

Your stats are okay for your giertier and your right, 248 enhancements do change alot, but you shouldn't expect anything over 9-9.5k~ with your gearsetup atm. You see, Bants stats are long outdated.

If you have full 246+ gear you should be aiming for 736~ acuuracy and 1857 alacrity or more. Put rest into crit and your good to go. The reason behind that is a bit complicated. Bosses and dummies have 10% def so you should be having around 110% accuracy in order to not miss anything. You want to run 1857 alacrity for one simple reason. It lowers your gcd down from 1.4 to 1.3, which increases apm and thus damage(only do this if you are 246+ geared, you would be loosing to much crit otherwise).

As for your parse, i noticed 4 things immediately.

First, you can ''precast'' your Smuggler's Luck. Debuff your dummy, pop Smugglers Luck and let it tick down to around 30secs~ and then start your parse. This is kind of minor but if you want to minmax later on, it's a great tip.

Second of all, you don't want to use any Flurry of Bolts at all. In order to do this, you have to work with your energy cd's and use your roll. I suggest going onto parsely and copying a rotation from one of the good parses for the start.

The third thing i noticed is your apm. With 1600 alacrity, you should be able to get around 39-42~. In order to increase this train more and consider keybinding atleast 2-3 skills and work your way from there.

The forth thing is that you ssometimes forget to use skills. For example, you skipped Hemorrhaging Blast in a Speed Shot window.

Also, let's be honest, your gear is pretty bad. You could probably pull more, but it might be less than you expect.

Ask me and the others if there's anything, i'm glad if i can help!

Hey there!

So first of all, it is normal that you dps drops after the opener, that goes for every spec in the game.

For Dirty Fighting, it should be High damage in the opener>steady lowering damage>damage highering again under 30% on the dummy/boss with cooldowns available.

It is also completely normal that you do less damage in actual bossfights than on the dummy due to multiple factors like downtime or mechanics of the fight.

As for clicking, it can be managed but you really need to put effort into it in order to get the same results as a keybinder, if your new to the game/ a spec i wouldn't recommend it.

Your stats are okay for your giertier and your right, 248 enhancements do change alot, but you shouldn't expect anything over 9-9.5k~ with your gearsetup atm. You see, Bants stats are long outdated.

If you have full 246+ gear you should be aiming for 736~ acuuracy and 1857 alacrity or more. Put rest into crit and your good to go. The reason behind that is a bit complicated. Bosses and dummies have 10% def so you should be having around 110% accuracy in order to not miss anything. You want to run 1857 alacrity for one simple reason. It lowers your gcd down from 1.4 to 1.3, which increases apm and thus damage(only do this if you are 246+ geared, you would be loosing to much crit otherwise).

As for your parse, i noticed 4 things immediately.

First, you can ''precast'' your Smuggler's Luck. Debuff your dummy, pop Smugglers Luck and let it tick down to around 30secs~ and then start your parse. This is kind of minor but if you want to minmax later on, it's a great tip.

Second of all, you don't want to use any Flurry of Bolts at all. In order to do this, you have to work with your energy cd's and use your roll. I suggest going onto parsely and copying a rotation from one of the good parses for the start.

The third thing i noticed is your apm. With 1600 alacrity, you should be able to get around 39-42~. In order to increase this train more and consider keybinding atleast 2-3 skills and work your way from there.

The forth thing is that you ssometimes forget to use skills. For example, you skipped Hemorrhaging Blast in a Speed Shot window.

Also, let's be honest, your gear is pretty bad. You could probably pull more, but it might be less than you expect.

Ask me and the others if there's anything, i'm glad if i can help!

Well I could take away a enhancement for critical and put it on alacrity.. BUT! that would mean I got down to around 1400 critical and 1800 odd alacrity? and how Is my gear bad? I have the set piece given by the game for doing ops and im augmented, Theres no way for me to up one stat a lot without losing a lot of the other? are you saying I should put my critical down to 1400 in orde to hit that threashhold for alacrity?