Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

If you could be so kind could you point me to the link that contains said information about the Legacy on these forums and how they work.

The point I was making is that the information is totally lacking and the disrespect shown by the PR people about "loyal" customers is creating a two-tiered system.

In my opinion the only reward that should have been offered is in-game rewards, i.e. the tauntan pet to all accounts that have qualified as founders and have an active subscription. Offering real world rewards and showing disrespect to those who don't qualify is a bad PR move.

Hell, offer the in-game reward to everyone like Guild Wars does at festivals to those that attend, this show good faith from BW to the community.

I will say no more on the subject as my stories are obviously not credible or believable to the "loyal" fanbase.

Styxx doesn't speak for anyone but himself, and just because he lacks the capability to understand your situation doesn't mean the rest of us also do.

I now qualify for their 30 free days with this latest change, but I am still 100% in agreement with you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could be so kind could you point me to the link that contains said information about the Legacy on these forums and how they work.

The point I was making is that the information is totally lacking and the disrespect shown by the PR people about "loyal" customers is creating a two-tiered system.

In my opinion the only reward that should have been offered is in-game rewards, i.e. the tauntan pet to all accounts that have qualified as founders and have an active subscription. Offering real world rewards and showing disrespect to those who don't qualify is a bad PR move.

Hell, offer the in-game reward to everyone like Guild Wars does at festivals to those that attend, this show good faith from BW to the community.

I will say no more on the subject as my stories are obviously not credible or believable to the "loyal" fanbase.

The in game reward makes sense and it should not be restricted to legacy 6 players either.

That being said, initially offering 30 days of free time to level 50 characters looks like a move to keep them subbed one more month, have the servers feels less empty and be able to report good subscriptions numbers.

They made only one mistake: that being the first wording of the promotion "a gift to our most loyal...". Then it was edited to "one of", then to "every active subscriber".

They clearly stated Legacy will be a big deal, in more than one ocassion. They clearly stated that something big will come, linked to that Legacy bar and level. Some have chosen to ignore the official dogma... no problem.

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 AND LEGACY LEVEL 6 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

In appreciation for your support every active subscriber with a Level 50 character or with a Legacy Level 6 account will receive thirty (30) days of game time**.

The final version of the "public draft" is "gift for your appreciation - every active subscriber".

Gift = not "recognition", or "given right", or "fidelity programme".. gift... something given as appreciation for something.. in this case for level 50 or legacy 6.

This is equivalent to the first game packages: You show disrespect to the player by offering anything extra for a different price = like the STAP. or dancer, or whatever, as comparison between a CE and a Standard, for instance. In the sales department, the deciding factor was MONEY.

In the game, the deciding factor was time and/or effort; not everybody gets the best XP per hour, so we apply effort here too, in the "quest to get to 50 or Legacy 6". In the game`s department, they decided to give 30 days.

Also, there was NEVER a question of being equal: from the start, pre-orders get a "unique" crystal. Razer peripherals get one "unique" crystal = although that is 86 DNA samples as of today ... . If I have War Hero gear, or Campaign gear... it does not mean you should have it or you must have it. You can put in the effort or you don`t, but it is ultimately your decision and your time and effort.

Just like this promotion, or gift. You can argue semantics all you want. The final official word is "every active subscriber". If you are waiting for a company of this size to apologize further, you are really delusional. They saved what face they could, get what you can and run, because chances are slim to none for a further compromise. So, put your head down and run to that level 50 or Legacy 6 by April 22, or just post here... nothing will change.

Ultimately, whatever reason you might have, you can still rectify your current state of affairs until April 22. If not, there is nobody to be blamed but yourself, for not meeting the criteria.

I've never logged into the forum to make a post. But I really had to speak up for players like me.

I'm a ALToholic.

I have 4 or more toons on 5 different servers...and on both sides of the fence too. I pre-ordered a collectors edition and have been playing since the pre-order opened. And guess what? I don't have a single toon over lvl 32...and not a single one is done with chapter 1. I don't play to lvl up.

Six months of paying for the game that I enjoy and someone else with 2weeks of ADHD gaming to get to lvl 50 gets a whole month free....but not me. Maybe I should just alter my habits so i can get the month free....but I'm hoping Bioware wasn't trying to force people into changing how they game in a negitive way.

I know people will chime in and say all sorts of crap in response to this. But come on Bioware....I REALLY hope you see that your rewarding people lvling....and not rewarding people who are here for the community aspect of the game.

I'll be honest...I don't know how to 'fix" this...maybe just give everyone whos lvl 50 OR been with game for 2months...maybe given them 2 weeks...or 1 week free. I understand the PR idea here...but it's the execution & details that I'm having a problem swallowing.

Call it a 6 month anniversary promotion...1 week for everyone whos been in-game longer then 2 weeks.

Anyway that's my $0.02

Edited by Pytr

Firstly, I'd like to take this opportunity to profusely thank Bioware for their actions-it was very generous of them to extend the promotion to this length. Now, onto a quick question-I have a level 45 Sith Assassin with a Legacy level of 3. I also have a level 6 Jedi Knight on the same Legacy. My question is which character should I use to farm my way to Legacy 6, level 50-that is if I have a chance. I can only play for a maximum of three hours a day due to time constraints. Thanks to anyone who answers. :)

I have many alts and no lvl 50 yet but many alts in the following range, 2 x 40, 2 x 30 and 4 x 20 and already I am at Legacy lvl 8, so I would say leveling alts do go fast.

Edited by Ultack

They made only one mistake: that being the first wording of the promotion "a gift to our most loyal...". Then it was edited to "one of", then to "every active subscriber".

It looks more like the promotion was a mistake no matter how they worded it.

The words arent broken,The promotion is.

The mistake cannot be reversed,rewording it isn't going to fix a thing.

I doubt they pull a promo like this again.

However If you were not rewarded as being an active subscriber.

Because:

A. You like to craft

B. You like to explore & Hunt datacrons

C. You replay favorite missions

D. Help Guildmates even though you out level the mission and recieve +5 XP

E. You socialize in game.... MMO?

F. Chose not to level to 50

G. Tried to keep your XP gain under control due to out leveling green missions and turning them grey.

H. Spend time upgradeing companions.

I. Spend time organizeing your Guild

J. Craft and Contribute to the Galactic Market.

K. Farm for crafting materials.

L. Created charactors On other servers

M. Thought you were an active subscriber even if you didnt want to level quickly.

N. Thought your game style and pace was acceptable and wouldnt be judged by some stupid Promo that excludes you for enjoying what you paid for.

You can do your Own promotion by taking a month off this year of 2012 at any time, any month from SWTOR,get back to a few games you like in your library ,and enjoy your free month of game time in a different game....SW will be here the rest of the year, but that personal 14.99 promotion you give yourself will be in the right hands for the right reasons.

Edited by CygnusMX

I just want to say the original promotion was fine with me as I have 3 50s, but i started reading about the community outcry about only awarding 50s and i felt for them, because they should not have been neglected just for not finishing off a character. Then I read this and not to sound cheesy but I was touched.

The company listened and then did the right thing, which is rare and something they didn't have to do. I say thank you Bioware for being human.

HUZZAH!!!!

I've never logged into the forum to make a post. But I really had to speak up for players like me.

I'm a ALToholic.

I have 4 or more toons on 5 different servers...and on both sides of the fence too. I pre-ordered a collectors edition and have been playing since the pre-order opened. And guess what? I don't have a single toon over lvl 32...and not a single one is done with chapter 1. I don't play to lvl up.

Six months of paying for the game that I enjoy and someone else with 2weeks of ADHD gaming to get to lvl 50 gets a whole month free....but not me. Maybe I should just alter my habits so i can get the month free....but I'm hoping Bioware wasn't trying to force people into changing how they game in a negitive way.

I know people will chime in and say all sorts of crap in response to this. But come on Bioware....I REALLY hope you see that your rewarding people lvling....and not rewarding people who are here for the community aspect of the game.

Anyway that's my $0.02

Good example of why this promotion is a brain dead idea and how it wrongfully alienated active players.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

Read Below and please be my guest, surprise us ;)

It looks more like the promotion was a mistake no matter how they worded it.

The words arent broken,The promotion is.

The mistake cannot be reversed,rewording it isn't going to fix a thing.

I doubt they pull a promo like this again.

Because:

A. You like to craft

B. You like to explore & Hunt datacrons

C. You replay favorite missions

D. Help Guildmates even though you out level the mission and recieve +5 XP

E. You socialize in game.... MMO?

F. Chose not to level to 50

G. Tried to keep your XP gain under control due to out leveling green missions and turning them grey.

H. Spend time upgradeing companions.

I. Spend time organizeing your Guild

J. Craft and Contribute to the Galactic Market.

K. Farm for crafting materials.

L. Created charactors On other servers

M. Thought you were an active subscriber even if you didnt want to level quickly.

N. Thought your game style and pace was acceptable and wouldnt be judged by some stupid Promo that excludes you for enjoying what you paid for.

You can do your Own promotion by taking a month off this year of 2012 at any time, any month from SWTOR,get back to a few games you like in your library ,and enjoy your free month of game time in a different game....SW will be here the rest of the year, but that personal 14.99 promotion you give yourself will be in the right hands for the right reasons.

Edited by Deewe

Wow, awesome. So basically I was on the fence as to whether or not I was going to keep playing SWTOR or not. I have a lot of problems finding groups on the planets that average between 5-9 people. I was getting a little fed up missing out on all the group content so my log in time has been a bit sporadic. Now I find out they are giving away 30 free days, but not to me because the extensive solo play has been rather unsatisfying thus limiting my play time and leveling. So because I have not reached level 50 or spammed out a bunch of alt toons I am being punished by way of exclusion of the 30 free days? That is a brilliant way to weed out customers who were already unsure if they were going to keep paying to play this game. Very forward thinking. And it's worked! I am no longer on the fence, you folks have knocked me clean off the fence onto the "Lets quit " side. And so I will. Thanks for making it easier. =)

Thanks for nothing. I had to reroll because my main is on a dead server. I haven't reached level 50 yet or legacy 6, and i've been following this game for a long time now.

Thanks bioware. Not

To receive the 30 days of free play, we must have an active subscription on 25 april?

I would like to know that as well as mine expires in two days and I'm "on the fence" whether to continue or not.

Edited by Massimoto

Please don`t take the following the wrong way: I will just point out why those are unlikely, or not the usual, in my own point of view.

Because:

A. You like to craft - You don`t get very far without a decent level and/or SOME money. It is usually better to "farm" mats nodes than spend money on mats too. Highly unlikely to have any notable success without a proper level - why proper level? Because money is better and nodes are higher in level

B. You like to explore & Hunt datacrons - They are not going anywhere; plenty of time to get them after a certain level. Add stats irrelevant to you and datacrons on planets in the level 30-40`s and you still need to level. There is no other reason to explore, except for the odd supposedly hidden quest... you can very well level without too.. admitedly, it might not be anyone`s game. But STILL not as much time sink as you want to make it

C. You replay favorite missions - You can`t. Only heroics can be repeated. Even so, several alts in the 30`s make up for Legacy 6.

D. Help Guildmates even though you out level the mission and recieve +5 XP - While it is a noble goal, your own leveling or time should come first. You help only if/when you have free time. Ops and hard modes are more important anyway. And there are not many quests the said guild mates cannot do by themselves.. not up to level 40-ish anyway. Those are, ultimately, far and between, not a real goal.

E. You socialize in game.... MMO? - Big time. I still have enough free time to level at least one level 50 and gear up in ops and HM`s and boost guildies, to pass the tedious dailies.

F. Chose not to level to 50 - Nobody ever forced anyone. Several level 30`s will do too.

G. Tried to keep your XP gain under control due to out leveling green missions and turning them grey. - Do the greens, drop the greys and move on to reds and yellows. Or faceroll the greys in 5 mins and move on. Nobody needs to keep the xp in check. If anything, you get to do one mission more easily. It won`t change the cutscenes or its objectives

H. Spend time upgradeing companions. - You upgrade only one companion = the needed class for your spec - e.g. the tank for a healer, or the healer for a tank, or the dps for the tank. It is really a huge money sink to outfit more than one until 50. Even then it is questionable and they get outfitted with leftovers. Not a goal. Can be done but at money expense. The lower the level, the more time you need for a specific money mark. Really questionable logic.

I. Spend time organizeing your Guild - I don`t know about you, but our Guildmaster is 50, as are all Officers.If there are still below 50 Guildmasters, cool. I won`t join such a guild, however.

J. Craft and Contribute to the Galactic Market. - Falls under "A". Also, you don`t contribute = you craft to make money. If you want to "contribute", you craft and hand over for free.

K. Farm for crafting materials. - You need to be in your 40`s to get anything decent.. or specific level planets.

L. Created charactors On other servers - That is really a bad idea. Ultimately player error, not Bioware`s fault

M. Thought you were an active subscriber even if you didnt want to level quickly. - You had no information to believe such a promotion will exist at that time. You are using future arguments related to your premises. If anything, falls under "G"

N. Thought your game style and pace was acceptable and wouldnt be judged by some stupid Promo that excludes you for enjoying what you paid for. - You got what you paid for - 30 days of game time. Some will get those for free, in the "stupid promo"

My response is in orange, sorry about color, but saves space. Most reasons are sounding more like excuses, than anything else.

Edited by Styxx

I have been playing swtor since 4th January, I have no lvl 50s but tons of calts. I have 6 characters from 16-45 on a dieing server, and now i got 6 characters on a decent server. and that i wont get 30 month free of sub, while other people who have played far less than me and rushed to 50 gets it, is pretty much ********! They should reward people on how long or how much they play, not by what lvl they are...

Please don`t take the following the wrong way: I will just point out why those are unlikely, or not the usual, in my own point of view.

My response is in orange, sorry about color, but saves space. Most reasons are sounding more like excuses, than anything else.

Styx, it may be useful to let a Bioware employee (maybe someone in customer service) answer the concerns brought up by active subscribers. Obviously they are (or have) read this thread and the fact that there are over 1000 posts with a lot of people concerned with how "rewards" are allocated I would have thought someone should have responded to reassure the customers of their concerns, a la Gaile Gray used to do in Guild Wars.

Before you state the obvious that the thread was started as a response to another thread, I know, but you now have over 1000 posts with no response from anyone in customer service.

Why don't they just admit that the "reward" is nothing more than a bribe to try to persuade the people who rushed to the endgame to stay a while whilst they create an endgame. With all the dead servers and a lot of people switching servers (see Fatman thread), unless you can play all day on a new server you have re-rolled on due to the dead community then you have no chance to attain your "reward".

I think it would be funny if Bioware flipped the "reward" and said all new accounts (after April 24th) will start with 1 million credits, lets see the lvl50s flame Bioware then.

As I have stated in my previous post the use of real world rewards is wrong (yes I understand they are doing it to prevent a declining user base, if so then say so, everyone knows it), they would be better and just say that everyone, and I mean everyone that has an active subscription on April 24th will receive the TaunTaun pet,, just like the Founders title where it was given to everyone up to a cut off date, didn't matter whether you were lvl1 or lvl50.

I can assure you that this will be the last real world "reward" they probably give out looking at the animosity it has caused in the game. I know an awful lot of guildmates who were on the fence about this game and have decided to give up the game due to this. I think I may stay to see what all the fuss is about getting a lvl50 (maybe fireworks will be setoff in the game and a new world event, saying I am the greatest living MMO player ever will be announced, I doubt it though).