Sith Inquisitor Sorceror's are too weak on pvp.

tiguelinus

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you are not supposed to melee the assassins/shadows and you are not supposed to just stand still and trade blows vs mercs/commandos. Use the environment , user your long range and heal/shield ability to outlast the higher burst classes.

If you want to play a caster and pwn melees go play a frost mage in wow, otherwise adapt and learn what teamplay means ( cause unlike wow, in this game in matters )

Maybe you are not supposed to melee the assassins/shadows and you are not supposed to just stand still and trade blows vs mercs/commandos. Use the environment , user your long range and heal/shield ability to outlast the higher burst classes.

If you want to play a caster and pwn melees go play a frost mage in wow, otherwise adapt and learn what teamplay means ( cause unlike wow, in this game in matters )

That's what I want and I'm asking for advise, to learn my class well. Btw, I never liked WoW, just so you know.

I'm a lvl 48 dps sorceror spec on lightning and I got to say that I don't seem to win against a jedi shadow or a trooper. I have no complains about pve, but on pvp I hardly win 1 on 1. Any advise?

Only level 31 here but I do pretty fine, I lose only when they out-wit me. I ALWAYS keep a shield on me and start with a shock>affliction>lighting strike is how I start and adjust to my buffs and procs I get. So yeah if its a problem with you not surviving just make sure you use range and LOS and shield+heals.

I'm a lvl 48 dps sorceror spec on lightning and I got to say that I don't seem to win against a jedi shadow or a trooper. I have no complains about pve, but on pvp I hardly win 1 on 1. Any advise?

ARE YOU KIDDING AT ME ???

LOW DMG??? Mindless, moar... RLY

50 INQ's on BG, get down my full HP by only ONE!! 1 LIGHTING!

You got HEAL, SHIELD , STUN , movement speed rush...

Edited by Sireene
lang

sorc vs trooper (commando. same as merc, gonna use merc's abilities names): have static shield on before the fight starts so you're not ionized mid fight and can put up a second one, jolt their first tracer missile so you get full stack of heat signatures 5 secs later, use your stun wisely (ie when they pop energy shield) and heal yourself during said stun duration, try to be on the 30 meters line so you can go out of their TM range during their casting time and make them lose the cast. It's pretty easy.

Against shadows or high level scoundrels if they get the drop on you from stealth it's kinda rough, as it's supposed to be tbh, but my sorc still ain't that high level and i might be missing some nice tools xD

Edited by PaZZo

ARE YOU KIDDING AT ME ???

LOW DMG??? Mindless, moar... RLY

50 INQ's on BG, get down my full HP by only ONE!! 1 LIGHTING!

You got HEAL, SHIELD , STUN , movement speed rush...

you must be a sith warrior since you used rage to write that post

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

sorc vs trooper (commando. same as merc, gonna use merc's abilities names): have static shield on before the fight starts so you're not ionized mid fight and can put up a second one, jolt their first tracer missile so you get full stack of heat signatures 5 secs later, use your stun wisely (ie when they pop energy shield) and heal yourself during said stun duration, try to be on the 30 meters line so you can go out of their TM range during their casting time and make them lose the cast. It's pretty easy.

Against shadows or high level scoundrels if they get the drop on you from stealth it's kinda rough, as it's supposed to be tbh, but my sorc still ain't that high level and i might be missing some nice tools xD

Good points here.

@OP tbh bud, lightning is a by a long shot, the weakest spec sorcs have for PvP.

There is very very little utility in it that PvP necessitates on a regular basis.

If you want to do better in 1v1 PvP, look into the other trees.

you need to kite them *****

How do you handle jedi shadows and jedi guardians?

here is some free advice, of the 3 trees, lightning is the weakest. corruption is amazing healing, madness is amazing dps, lightning is not good at either.

have a nice day.

This explains a lot, Thanks man. I was thinking on respec to madness anyway, but now this confirms it.

Edited by tiguelinus

Yea most people on my server actually complain that sorcs are overpowered... Also, I see a lot of sorcs that just sit there and spam lightning... we have TONS of other skills that should be used in pvp and not just sit there and nuke with lightning. I actually love to stand up on the rafters in huttball and just do aoe lightning down on a big group...that's fun. :)

I am also madness (mostly) spec'd. I have points in corruption and lightning as well to get some of the healing benefits and more force power.

@ OP - Here is some constructive information for you and anyone else who needs a little guidance.

If a melee jumps you, you need to get away from it ASAP. That doesnt mean stand there and force lightning or any ability that doesn't knockback, snare, or stun. Keep in mind, the RESOLVE BAR! If he has full resolve from others stunning or knockback, your only choice is to SNARE with your insta cast 6 second ability. You need to save your Sprint for <50% hp getaways.

When your specced madness - You have to keep distance on people. You have limited defensive ability and this spec DOES the most overall dmg in battlegrounds at higher lvls. As many people claim this spec is based on DOTS, they are wrong. You need to use your chanelling lightning to provide a WRATH proc. Once you have that proc you should burst with your ground AoE, insta dd, and your hardest hitting DD (which will be instant from wrath proc). Above all, keep distance from any enemy player in this spec!

Lightning - You have abilities like Blind from Static barrier, and root on your knockback, but your main BURST should be done after you proc your chain lightning instant. I like to burst in order of Affliction - thunderblast - shock - chain lightning instant (just a start) In bolster BGs, Thunder crits from 2500, shock 1400, chain lighting 2k... 40% hp ish from a 2.5s burst.

hope it gets you in the right direction of creating your playstyle that you prefer

@ OP - Here is some constructive information for you and anyone else who needs a little guidance.

If a melee jumps you, you need to get away from it ASAP. That doesnt mean stand there and force lightning or any ability that doesn't knockback, snare, or stun. Keep in mind, the RESOLVE BAR! If he has full resolve from others stunning or knockback, your only choice is to SNARE with your insta cast 6 second ability. You need to save your Sprint for <50% hp getaways.

When your specced madness - You have to keep distance on people. You have limited defensive ability and this spec DOES the most overall dmg in battlegrounds at higher lvls. As many people claim this spec is based on DOTS, they are wrong. You need to use your chanelling lightning to provide a WRATH proc. Once you have that proc you should burst with your ground AoE, insta dd, and your hardest hitting DD (which will be instant from wrath proc). Above all, keep distance from any enemy player in this spec!

Lightning - You have abilities like Blind from Static barrier, and root on your knockback, but your main BURST should be done after you proc your chain lightning instant. I like to burst in order of Affliction - thunderblast - shock - chain lightning instant (just a start) In bolster BGs, Thunder crits from 2500, shock 1400, chain lighting 2k... 40% hp ish from a 2.5s burst.

hope it gets you in the right direction of creating your playstyle that you prefer

Thank you for this info. Can I ask what is dd?