Lethality Operative PVP video 1.6

Ravashakk

My first attempt at creating and editing a video. Don't expect a lot of great production value. The clips were apart of 1 night of PVPing with guildies in regs.

That aside, it is a video pertaining to the playstyle of a lethality operative. It is not a burst compilation or a tutorial video, but rather the context around the burst.

I chose this spec because I refuse to be a FOTM reroller, and I actually enjoy it. You might not agree with its viability in competitive play, but that will not deter me from playing it.

As for my gear, I was missing EWH implant x1, relics x2, enhancement x1, earpiece, and conceal PVE 2 pc set bonus (most of which my scoundrel has, but can't be transferred). I also used a rakata stim for the entirety of the video instead of exotech.

Hopefully you will enjoy. :)

My first attempt at creating and editing a video. Don't expect a lot of great production value. The clips were apart of 1 night of PVPing with guildies in regs.

That aside, it is a video pertaining to the playstyle of a lethality operative. It is not a burst compilation or a tutorial video, but rather the context around the burst.

I chose this spec because I refuse to be a FOTM reroller, and I actually enjoy it. You might not agree with its viability in competitive play, but that will not deter me from playing it.

As for my gear, I was missing EWH implant x1, relics x2, enhancement x1, earpiece, and conceal PVE 2 pc set bonus (most of which my scoundrel has, but can't be transferred). I also used a rakata stim for the entirety of the video instead of exotech.

Hopefully you will enjoy. :)

This is a great video, i have a friend playing Leth, im curious if its this good for him too.

Neb, at your convenience do you mind sharing your stats/gear/askmrrobot.

Thanks!

It is the same as my healing gear actually. I don't care for accuracy, since the spec relies very little on it.

IMO, he has good taste in music...

Thnx. :)

Edited by Ravashakk

IDK what that is either lol, is it on another thread? ill have to hunt you down and inspect you....

Low endurance, surge on every piece, crit in high 30s the rest in power. Your choice on expertise whether you want throughput or mitigation.

Here you go. It isn't a "here is what you do in this situation" kind of tutorial, but rather a general feel for how the spec plays.

Good video, i have had about the same spec in mind... didn't take adhesive corrosives before. I mainly watched for your gear but stayed for the whole vid anyway. Good explenations, thanks man... Maybe if people see the number you hit on your targets (ie. the 3.9 EP or the 3.4 Backstab) they will stop calling you a mere tab dotter. In essence, wouldn't madness be the same :p.

Good video, i have had about the same spec in mind... didn't take adhesive corrosives before. I mainly watched for your gear but stayed for the whole vid anyway. Good explenations, thanks man... Maybe if people see the number you hit on your targets (ie. the 3.9 EP or the 3.4 Backstab) they will stop calling you a mere tab dotter. In essence, wouldn't madness be the same :p.

Maddness is different in several aspects. 1.) It has way more procs. 2.) If throws down an aoe debuff with Deathfield that makes your dots hit harder, and consuming stacks of that debuff refund force. 3.) Discharge (their dot) is required to be on targets if they want to proc their instant Crushing Darkness.

Lethality is different from madness in the sense that their strongest move is a spammable, long bleed and aside from maybe Cull, there is no real advantage to using other abilities (From a shear number-padding point of view. Additionally why you see nebby tab through 4-5 people and just Corrosive Dart).

Biggest difference: If you solely spam discharge, you're an idiot. If you solely spam Corrosive Dart/Grenade it's pretty good.

Maddness is different in several aspects. 1.) It has way more procs. 2.) If throws down an aoe debuff with Deathfield that makes your dots hit harder, and consuming stacks of that debuff refund force. 3.) Discharge (their dot) is required to be on targets if they want to proc their instant Crushing Darkness.

Lethality is different from madness in the sense that their strongest move is a spammable, long bleed and aside from maybe Cull, there is no real advantage to using other abilities (From a shear number-padding point of view. Additionally why you see nebby tab through 4-5 people and just Corrosive Dart).

Biggest difference: If you solely spam discharge, you're an idiot. If you solely spam Corrosive Dart/Grenade it's pretty good.

No, i understand that, but as you know... its also the way you play, and if you watch that vid, hes not just spam dotting. ALSO as you know, assassin DCDs are WAYYY better then ops=p just sayin

xanxas just wants his class to be easier

If my weaken mind was Aoe I'd **** all over warzones :D

I'm actually putting up better numbers using less dots these days.

And screw you man, it's hard out here for a sage. You know how much it pains me to have to use bubble spec?

Ppl are trying to compare apples and oranges here. Just because two classes are DoT based, doesn't mean they have a whole lot in common when it comes to playing them.

Unless your DoTs tick for 3k you better be doing something other than just tab dotting.

If my weaken mind was Aoe I'd **** all over warzones :D

Corrosive grenade, although a good ability, doesn't tick for much on 1 person. It is most efficient on 3 targets (max), and even then it barely ticks more than a corrosive dart or 2.

Edited by Ravashakk