Crew skills for Jedi Knight

Daianno

I did Artice, Archealogy, and Treasure hunting. Since i am working with mods i find that it helps my Guardian to deliver his strength in areas of the game especially PVP. But i am crafting like crazy to get the Artice up so that I can have better strength on my guardian. The game has been incredible these last 2 days. Everyone is working hard and fast to level.

I did Artifice, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting. Since i am working with mods i find that it helps my Guardian to deliver his strength in areas of the game especially PVP. But i am crafting like crazy to get the Artice up so that I can have better strength on my guardian. The game has been incredible these last 2 days. Everyone is working hard and fast to level.

What he said. Those three seem to be the best for a Jedi Knight, at least for a Sentinel Jedi Knight.

Edited by Sharkpredator

I was thinking this too...I am going to play Jedi Guardian and specifically as tank. I saw that I can wear Heavy armor. What crew skill craft heavy Armor? Armormech? with Artifice I can only make Lightsabers?and if yes, does Jedi Guardian takes more advantage from his Lightsaber than his Armor.

I am asking because in all other MMO's I have played usually tanks benefits more from their armor gear than their weapon. I am pretty sure that Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy will be a decent choice for any class too and a safe choice if you don't know many details about crew skills. For example how is the end game crafts? Are there any BOP crafts that are in great value, or everything is boe and trade-able?

Also everyone say that is great benefit to take Slicing in your first class cause it is a great income of credits...

synthweaving. makes all kinds of armor for all force classes.

Nice! I thought you only make light armor (like tailoring) robes and such :p Do you know if there is a craftable set at the end where only the crafter can wear it? Do you think it is more benefit for a Jedi Guardian to have synthweaving over Artifice?

It said that synthweaving is best paired with Archaeology and Underworld trading..what if you take Slicing instead of Underworld trading? will you miss trade goods that you will be able to get only the via Netword Trading?or are their obtainable with other way?for example I can go out and kill mobs to get these materials

Edited by Ampalaea

Slicing is good in theory at the moment but through personal preference I went the Synth, underworld, and Archeology. From experience it gives you a good balance of items required for your gear for synthweaving. UT is great for gathering rare and elusive schematics as well as archeology gets you that too. So It really depends upon what you are looking for. Beefy defense, armortech, or decent defense with force power-ups synth weaving. this is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a preferential treatment towards one classes/crew skill set. It by no means that this is the best build its just the one i went with to get stronger gear for a decent pve/pvp guardian tank with an ability to deal decent damage at higher levels.

• 3 years later...
I actually have Cybertech, Scavenging, and Underworld Trading. It's good for moding out your armor and everything. I'm kind of new but my roommate plays as well, he uses stuff to help mod out light sabers so the mods for the armor come in handy, I am a Jedi Guardian I tank, so they are really handy

There are two ways to go:

1) The material seller path-

If you are going to be a material seller, then just take three gathering skills and sell what you get. Use that money to pay for the items that you need.

I would recommend bioanalysis, scavenging, and slicing for this, though some may want to substitute archaeology for one of those.

2) The crafter path-

If you are going to craft, then you will want the associated gathering and mission skills to go with the crafting skill. Just makes life easier.

There are two skills primarily aimed at tech users (armormech and armstech), two at force users (artifice and synthweaving), and two for everyone (biochem and cybertech).

Note that with armstech, armormech, or synthweaving (the skills that can craft augments) there is a need for sliced parts in addition to the scavenged and mission materials, so you could substitute slicing for the gathering or mission skill, though it makes you more dependent upon the GTN for manufacturing the armor, weapons, and barrels that you will be making.

Heck, if you want your force user to be an armormech or amstech, or your tech user an artificer or synthweaver there's no rule against it, of course. Similarly you could choose to be a biochemist but choose scavenging and slicing as your other skills.

They may not be optimal choices in terms of convenience, but there could be money in it.

Edited by Mithros