Thana Vesh as a companion

lowflyingmeat

Every single time I play an Imperial Character and come across her and I become bound and determined not to kill her. And then when we get to the end together and she once again starts beaking off, I realize that she's terrible and needs to die.

I think people like her because she has a pony tail.

But I can't imagine her being any use in KOTFE

Her confrontation wit Vailyn would be

Thana - "Prepare to die like the 400 skytroopers that I killed to get here"

Vailyn - "I think you have a crush on me"

Thana - "No you have a crush on me, just like those 200 battledroids that I murdered on the way to end you"

Vailyn - "Your shoe lace is untied"

Thana looks down

Vailyn - "Heads up"

She cuts off Thana's head, catches it in mid air and then slam dunks it through the arms of a hovering skytrooper who's hooked his arms like a hoop.

Thana Vesh would kill Vaylinn just to save Star Wars fans from all across the universe from listening to her godawful voice and accent.

The only companions I liked in this game were Vette and Blizz. The others were either boring, or annoying (especially Quinn and the robot).

A shame you can't romance Thana Vesh.

Oh believe me I tried to flirt with Thana Vesh......she always burst my balloon......INSECURE......THANA VESH: "Never.......if you want to prove you can woo me then Beat me in a DUEL or if not and you loose I will carve off your marbles!" Thana Vesh is indeed one dimentional and she thinks always she is better than any man sith any time anywhere!!!!! It was a rollicing good time when a Cathar General and a few of his sidekicks tossed her in a jail cell and I waded in debating to leave her there or fee her! Hummmmm what to do what to do.........she was too indignant rotting in a jail cell and I believed I could sweeten her by releasing her......fat chance! Oh I freed her of course but then came the time where she was hunched over a computer terminal after I had killed the Cathar General and I had........WAIT FOR IT, my ignited lightsaber in my hand............WAIT FOR IT. Option: Say "Goodbye Thana since you won't date me." [use your lightsaber and kill her]. But you think I did......nope, I said "Thana the Galaxy is a big place and we will meet again; perhaps your personallity will have thawed out by then.":rak_03:

Unfortunate for me now with EricissthWarror, my Ashara as my companion is about to have a vison of me in her meditations. She is not talking to me now only says, "When you get a chance, we get back on the ship we should talk." All missons that are about Ashara is one called "Defiance", what bothers me is that I have researched it and it is the Rishi Mission, I was there once and I am not going back there to that nutty planet again.

Edited by Eric_Skynwalker

Part of the reason Skadge is hated so much, is because people don't get the choice with him. His story has him bullying his way onto the ship and you can't stop it. You, one of the most powerful and feared bounty hunters, couldn't stop him :p

It was the initial reason I didn't like Gault. He was my target, why would I lie to make him part of my crew? I wasn't all that convinced to have him join. However, with his storyline, I came to love him :)

Oh Gault is cool, my Smuggler Captain Personal Character liked his quirkyness for being on the wrong side of things and did not shoot his head off. Since then Gault became part of my crew and a fairly Keith Ledger kind of addition if Keith could ever come back from being a ghost. Gault would be the sort of jester of life kind of crewmember.

I did love her... but it got to the point where she and I were just one-upping each other on who could be the bigger jerk.

... Though I do wish I got her over Vette. Dark side Jaesa is too wonderful.

Sorry to be Bedroom Politics Advocate.....but here goes, you also mean weither Thana or you wanted to be on top the most in bed.......THAT PRIZE would go to Thana Vesh of course.

Thana Vesh should be a Universal companion for all Empire Players! She's a great compliment to the story and would work for all the classes IMO. Light or Dark, she would just submit to you :)...would also make a nice romance option.

(Yes I know, this causes problem for republic players, as they want in on the pie too...but oh well).

For the naysayers...

She has a great character actually

-She plays hard to get and this only adds depth to her

-You should realize she actually listens to you (She does whatever Light/Dark side choices you want). She never outwardly tries to kill you or anything, she's just got a bit of an inferiority complex

-Shes actually a born-to-be-sith (sure you can turn the Sith Warrior companion evil but Ive heard that shes lame. Plus Sith Inquis, we can't really change anyone to dark side)

-She comes off arrogant, slightly one dimensional - but as the story progresses - you realize she's actually just an insecure sith. Pride & Insecurity go together you know :o

-Yeah you can choose to kill her or save her, that is a problem - I'm sure the quest chain can be retconned for people who want her as a companion or something

-The voice acting is essentially in the game already

Specifically due to my main being a Sith Inquisitor

-As a class inspired by palpatine, our inability to twist/turn someone to the darkside (ala anakin) is pretty disappointing. Especially because our character is constantly asking for his/her hand to be held by smarter people for guidance in the story.

-I'll just take Thana over Ashara, thanks.

Anyways, as a sith inquisitor - I feel robbed by my story in general. I'm at 45 and I've read the end story spoilers and it's still just a yawn for me. The companions suck, especially as a male. We get a buncha randoms including a mute dashade who just wants to eat as our first companion...plus our only romance-able companion is a barbie Jedi who can't truly fall to the dark side. I don't think I'm the only Sith inquisitor player who thinks our story is just mediocre.

EDIT: after finishing the game and rolling an Agent alt, my impressions are the same, Sith Inquis story is lacking.

Her story arc here:

Hummmm nope, Thana Vesh got so upsetting to the Sith Empire that she made a few mistakes and was kicked out of the Sith Empire and became an Old Republic Mercenary......AHHHHHHHHH Hey Republic Girls and Boys Thana Vesh is on the loose better go catch her!!!!!!

I tend to agree. The storyline starts out as a rivalry, and you realize from the start that it will come to blows... but it need not END. Her character development is precious, and her strength could be molded by someone strong enough to hold the leash.

I realize that there is a lot of hard-wiring related to which companions are in the mix for each character type, but I see no reason why we couldn't (at some point) choose to give up one in favor of an alternate as well-developed as Thana.

ShannaRZ strange you say that but your exactly right! Thana Vesh starts out as an dimented and harder than rocks sort of Ashara Zavros with most people so hating her in her GIRLYHARDCORE upmanship you forget that in a battle that she fits in where The Sith Darklords take a liking to her for that very reason that she gets the dirty jobs done and loves more and better of them allowing some Sith Golden Boy rather like my character of Ericissthwarror to take her limelight, though she makes come backs that she is very offended but the other part may be true, she is insecure enough not to plan things too far though and not seeking alternatives in seeing the value of keeping prisoners alive. Yes she needs to be kept on the very shortest of leashes and would I have her as part of my Dark Council Crewmates on my Fury.........hummmmmmmmm Yes I would. If you take in stray dogs you would take in Thana Vesh, you would train her and get her to learn some Social Skills and some Family Relationship Bonding that she never got anywhere else. Atleast I would try it and eventually Thana Vesh seeing kindness like Ashara Zavros did would mold herself to my leadership slowly I think.

Edited by Eric_Skynwalker

Yes she was awesome!! she was actually quite a powerful Sith but she was 'self' competing against the PC.

She had much willpower and not enough wisdom. She acted like a spoiled brats who don't know her place yet. She always wanted to 'prove' herself when there's nothing to prove. Too much pride in that body of her. She was not arrogant or confident but prideful.

I never though she was annoying just miserable. She kept stabbing herself for no reason.

You know I never thought of Thana Vesh as that way. Yes and she would look to the Player Character for his or her wisdom to save her from the NOWIN Situation; perhaps she acts as a Rotten Spoiled Brat ever thinking she has to talk her own way into everything is because she had an incrediably hard life, I think the Deves of SWsTOR should make a backstory Bio for her. It is abit weird, on Taris she goes into a fight facing atleast 6 troopers and 4 Jedi alone, I didnot get to see it since I was a wee bit busy with a few Commandoe Duelists and Jedi myself, yet after I dispatched mine I saved her bacon. So she has much pride in her body as well as abit of brains to do what she did, her thinking might have been, "I am beginning to like EricissthWarror his reasoning and planning has got me into the Republic Spaceport in this roundabout way and by me duking it out with this rabble I keep the others off his back so he can turn off those Spaceport Generators." It could be that some of the Dark Lords think she is too much of a Loose Cannon to allowe her on more missions with more Mindful Sith Lords; she may keep backstabbing herself with her talk as a cover for her failings of always wanting to be at the Frontlines and never giving an inch.

/sign

Overwriting the kill option would be easy, something like this would work:

Despite being thought dead, betrayed by her allies on Taris, Thana Vesh has resurfaced. Republic comm chatter points to her being held at a Republic medical facility, where she is said to be recovering from life-threatening injuries

Plus, given how little the companions actually say, the voice work could probably be wrapped up within 24 hours. If she ever does become a companion, it'll be a good while after

HK-51 is released.

Yes Mevan that would be a perfect resurrection to Thana Vesh. Of course some Dark Lord such as Lord Malgus wants.......YOU TO GO RESCUE THANA VESH since she knows too many secrets of Imperial Proceedure so the Old Republic Interrigators are about to have a "chat with her when she recovers". So are we to doom Thana Vesh to the Republic.......NOPE, THE REDNECK AND REDBLOODED SITH LORDS TO THE RESCUE!!! LOL.

I support this, she's definitely one of those NPC's you love to hate. The work on her was superb, a strong female character and perhaps most surprising romance doesn't even enter the picture. I'd trade her for my Jaesa in a heartbeat. ;)

I don't know if she'd make sense for every imperial class to have as a companion however as she technically outranks the agent and well the bounty hunter isn't really an official part of the Empire is he?

Regardless I hope they're listening to the fans on this one, love her character. If not as a companion i'd definitely like to see more of her when the stories get expanded. :)

I dont blame you on this one my Hutt Mordresh Friend......//Signed Companion Thana Vesh// Hack.Sign

SIgned.

The way she just leaves at the end of the quest series, it was like Mass Effect 3 all over again. :(

I'd love for her to make a comeback at some point, if not as a companion, then at least another quest line on some future planet. And to those who killed her off - well, sucks to be you. :p

Of course the potential problem is, if you add Thana as a companion for all empire classes, you have to add a similar companion for all republic classes... and who would that be? I can't think of anyone awesome enough. :confused:

I can......PADME' AMIDALA as a Republic Jedi Master.

Well I don't hate Broonmark because I feel he is an appropriate psycho killer companion for my extremely DS Warrior but:

My BH and Mako are packing it in as they prepare to depart Taris. BH rolls his eyes aas mako prattles on and on and won't shut up. Suddenly there is a vicious buzz of an unsheathed light saber. My BH turns and sees Mako, eyes wide in shock as she drops dead with Thana vesh standing behind her, codly staring down my BH. BH coldly stares back at ehr then nods.

"Welcome aboard."

Later the two oif them became romanceable companions.

Works for me, hummmmm with Ashara leaving I would love for Thana Vesh to do the same to the Vision Walking and mouthing Ashara Zavros before the Rishi Trilogy so I do not have to do it again.

Lord Draagh came back for Warrior after quite a fall and being set on fire, or for more EU style here think Lumiya... She could have some coy comment about it, Yuaan (Consular) comes to mind, "What's a few broken bones between friends?" If Bioware wanted to be epic about it they could write in a whole cut scene of her killing off one of your compainions if they wouldn't give a slot to her. Unlike HK-51 whom I've tried starting the quest trip with at 50 I know Thana would not be a waste of time.

Wow! You said Lumiya.....her I know, she was killed by Order 66 pitty; her I would love to see as a Dark Sith Squeeze that you could have as an Companion. She was in the Shabby Blue Pics and she was quite the playboy bunny, she was a Jedi Master too and having a unique way with a lightsaber, give her a bikini and I would gladly trade Ashara for both Thana Vesh in the same attire and Lumiya. That is if I know the right one from The Clone Wars Adventures.

My SW finds her ADORABLE! Trying to be a big, bad girl and everything, waltzing into traps, then walking of in a flustered huff after getting rescued and flirted at no matter how bad her attitude was.

He would have enjoyed having her as a companion, then slowly breaking her will...then doing some bedroom role playing with her and Jaesa.

Touche' a guy right up my way of thinking about Thana Vesh, though I would keep her naked or in Twi' lek bikini and thong on a leash around her neck and me holding the choke chain. LOL!

Damn right. ::My Bounty Hunter sits in his captaion's chair drinking beer watching in amusement as Thana Vesh force chokes Mako::

I sit in an opposite chair near your captain sipping beer he gave me with Khem Val standing near me looking amused with Ashara Zavros on a leash while Thana Vesh Force Chokes Mako, Ashara is nearly naked in a bikini and thong as Thana Vesh and Mako are in a mudbath wrestling ring duking it out.....both are in skimpy bikinies. "My Dark Lord shall we make a wager on either Mako surviving or Thana Vesh completing her Force Choke?"

Honestly, I consider it sad when people have such reasons. Especially when just about every romanceable girl is reasonably attractive, but don't always receive the same attraction. What does Thana have that they don't? Is it really as simple as people just being overcome with lust due to the fact she's just about the only character who just plain WON'T let you get in her pants?

Hummmm she won't let you get in her pants?? I am a little curious, has Darth Malgus or any other Sith Lord gotten into Thana Vesh's pant's and taken her virginity?? It sounds like one Dark Sith Lord might have from their glowing reports of her harden style of battle to the Mandalorian Codes of All Win or All Die.

I sit in an opposite chair near your captain sipping beer he gave me with Khem Val standing near me looking amused with Ashara Zavros on a leash while Thana Vesh Force Chokes Mako, Ashara is nearly naked in a bikini and thong as Thana Vesh and Mako are in a mudbath wrestling ring duking it out.....both are in skimpy bikinies. "My Dark Lord shall we make a wager on either Mako surviving or Thana Vesh completing her Force Choke?"

Ewww dude. 6 or 7 posts about your bdsm fantasies is just creepy.

Ewww dude. 6 or 7 posts about your bdsm fantasies is just creepy.

Why is it creepy? Damask_Rose? I do not think many of the Sith Lords had that problem in not attempting to leash Thana Vesh.....really did they?? I think she might have been a willing Bed Partner with some of them to further her destiny. I think some of the Jedi Knights had female students in their beds too to sooth their wildness if nothing in teachings would work so well as the sexual touch.

Why is it creepy? Damask_Rose? I do not think many of the Sith Lords had that problem in not attempting to leash Thana Vesh.....really did they?? I think she might have been a willing Bed Partner with some of them to further her destiny. I think some of the Jedi Knights had female students in their beds too to sooth their wildness if nothing in teachings would work so well as the sexual touch.

You are over-sharing your sexual fantasies. (A little goes a long way) This isn't the place for it. There are better venues out there for your drabbles. Tumbler & Fanfiction.net spring to mind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post

Honestly, I consider it sad when people have such reasons. Especially when just about every romanceable girl is reasonably attractive, but don't always receive the same attraction. What does Thana have that they don't? Is it really as simple as people just being overcome with lust due to the fact she's just about the only character who just plain WON'T let you get in her pants?

Hummmm she won't let you get in her pants?? I am a little curious, has Darth Malgus or any other Sith Lord gotten into Thana Vesh's pant's and taken her virginity?? It sounds like one Dark Sith Lord might have from their glowing reports of her harden style of battle to the Mandalorian Codes of All Win or All Die.

Wow....no answer from him. Did his hate ***** for Thana vesh finally go away...or did he quit this game...or did he die from diabetes?