RP Partner re-roll

Mando

Yep, it'll be slower leveling, but I think that'll be balanced out by never having to waste time in a LFG quene. Along with the RP experience, you'd have the numbers to push through most missions.

So any takers for the Inquisitor?

If you guys don't find anyone, I recently created an Inquisitor to playthrough at a later date. :rolleyes: But, being part of the Pub group means I'd have to split time between the two. That's, of course, if you can't find someone.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group 1: I'm running a little late -- I *will* be on for sure, just more like 7:30 or 7:45... don't wait for me. Y'all get started. I'll figure out a way to jump in. :)

Gotcha, shadowdemon and I are on right now. Hope to see you soon.

If you guys don't find anyone, I recently created an Inquisitor to playthrough at a later date. :rolleyes: But, being part of the Pub group means I'd have to split time between the two. That's, of course, if you can't find someone.

Well, I don't think anyone wants to force (no pun intended) a schedule conflict. Maybe we'll keep it open a bit longer, and if no one else is a taker, we'd love to have you and we can just balance our times with the times of your Republic-side group.

Thanks for the offer, BTW.

Hey if it isn't too late, I'd love to join on this! I currently play on Ebon Hawk, but I am up for what ever. I have a million characters up my sleeve so whatever Class/Advanced Class or RP niche you need filled I can be there!

Cool, we have an inquisitor spot open for our group. Just pm me the times you are available so I can compare it to the rest of the group.

GROUP 1: We started our RP story last night on Tython. Went for about an hour until bunglermoose went afk and disconnected, shadowdemon and I only RPed another 5 minutes after that. I'll write up a summery later today of what you missed bungler. Shooting for around the same time tomorrow night to go again.

For all those interested,

As promised, I am going to write a brief summery of our first roleplaying experience last night. Overall, it went pretty well. It was good RPing, we took it slow and typed with detail. There was some nice, dry humor, interesting character personalities, but most importantly our story is underway.

We started (Without our Trooper... Sadly, where have you been? :rak_02: ) in the shuttle hangar in the Jedi Temple on Tython. Pherus, the young, eager and inexperienced (only inexperienced in real combat, excels in his training) Jedi in training, has just been called to this side of Tython to meet his new master. Zandros, has completed his training, and is awaiting an assignment while he stays in the temple. Tal'siolo, a Smuggler with a job to deliver supplies to Kallikori Village is landing in a shuttle in the hangar.

Pherus is staring at a drugged Sith in restraints who has just been shipped to Tython. Zandros walks over to Pherus and they discuss what it is that makes them, as Jedi, so different from the Sith. During this conversation, Tal'siolo interrupts and asks for directions to Kallikori Village, stating that he has supplies to... deliver. Pherus says he will not give him directions, but will take him there personally. There is some back and forth with Tal, Pherus and Zandros as the pair of Jedi warn Tal of the dangers in the wilds of Tython, or even greater, the dangers of Commander Narrid's customs checks. Eventually, but reluctantly, Tal agrees, and Zandros accompanies them, if not just for something to do. The trio walks to the speeder bike pads, and there are two bikes available... (And this is where Zandros/bunglermoose went afk and eventually disconnected... So I took it upon myself to write down what RPing we did without him, and I will now type it here! Please note, the script below is not EXACTLY how we RPed, shortened in some spots, but you'll get the gist of it)

Pherus points to each speeder accordingly, "I'll take Tal on the back of mine. Zandros, you may follow us in the other."

Tal stares at the speeder, "You're joking... Right?"

Pherus pats his speeder bike, "What? You don't like her?"

Tal grunts, "Sure... If I were a kriffing Jedi..."

Pherus shrugs, "I can take you to Commander Narrid and ask him to give you a ride, after some basic customs checks, of course."

Tal shakes his head, "No thanks, Jedi... I'd rather not deal with him. Or her. Or whatever this Narrid is."

Pherus jumps onto the front of the bike and gestures for Tal to get on. Tal swings his leg over and says, "If you crash, Jedi... I'll kill you."

Pherus ignites his engine and takes off towards Kallikori Village. He tries to reassure Tal, "I'm an ace pilot, friend, you needn't worry. As a child on Hiffis, I used to fly-" BEEEP BUZZZZ BEEEP! Pherus was interrupted by his comlink. He pulled it out of his tunic and checked it, shook his head and said, "Damn the masters and their impeccable timing."

Pherus suddenly whips his speeder around, heading in the complete opposite direction. He says apologetically, "Sorry, Tal, my new master has summoned a meeting with me. I assure you I won't be long. I'll... find a cargo bin for you to hide in. But I give you my word, after this I will take you to the village."

And this is basically our session last night. Hope you enjoy for all casual readers of this forum, I hope to continue posting updates here if anyone is actually interested. I'll edit this into my first post, maybe I can keep a log of our story there. Take a peak, this actually starting to look legitimate. :t_cool:

Edited by Mando

Sound good, glad to hear you guys are off to a good start! By the way I'm pretty sure I'm filling the Sith Inquisitor position just to let you know!

Also, just curious; do these "groups" connect or cross over ever?

Good to hear! And we certainly hope to at some point to interconnect our stories. Especially with the Empire group.

GROUP 3

I wanted to know what AC/tree will each of us be going in? I want to be a Jug but I have never tanked before so If y'all need me to be a tank it would be a work in progress.

Actually, I was planning to tank as a Powertech, so no pressure.

GROUP 3

I wanted to know what AC/tree will each of us be going in? I want to be a Jug but I have never tanked before so If y'all need me to be a tank it would be a work in progress.

I'm fine with either Operative or Sniper. If Operative, then I would probably heal since I don't enjoy melee classes. If the Inquisitor player wants to go Sorcerer and heal then I don't mind playing a Sniper even though I already have a Gunslinger.

GROUP 3

Alright, so the times that we can play are tues: 9-12; sat/sun.: 8-12

I am willing to start this tuesday if the rest of the group is.

Has this been revised? Your PM to me said Friday. Also, just to be sure about travel I may not make it home until 10 on Tuesdays/Thursdays.

Also been meaning to ask this:

Which RP path are we planning to take?

1) "In a bubble RP", as in assuming that the cutscenes really are part of your character's story

2) More free-formed, meaning we will do the quests together but will retcon them in our minds and use our own stories instead

Edited by Jenzali

I'm fine with either Operative or Sniper. If Operative, then I would probably heal since I don't enjoy melee classes. If the Inquisitor player wants to go Sorcerer and heal then I don't mind playing a Sniper even though I already have a Gunslinger.

Has this been revised? Your PM to me said Friday. Also, just to be sure about travel I may not make it home until 10 on Tuesdays/Thursdays.

No it hasn't been revised. Not everyone can make it this tues, but the following tuesdays they can. We will be playing friday because i'm gonna be off of work, but the following fridays I can't.

Also been meaning to ask this:

It doesn't matter to me, the only thing I ask is that we RP outside of our class story, but we can RP with the planet quests if you all want.

It doesn't matter to me, the only thing I ask is that we RP outside of our class story, but we can RP with the planet quests if you all want.

If I may ask, just curious, why is it that you are not going to RP your class stories together?

If I may ask, just curious, why is it that you are not going to RP your class stories together?

I think he feels the same way I do, but not sure.

I think that if we treat our class story as canon, it would limit us from ever RPing with people of the same class. Imagine if every trooper treated their class story as canon; "I'm the new leader of the newly reformed Havoc squad!" "Me too!" "So am I!" "Yep me too!"; it wouldn't make sense.

So should we share the cinematics and enjoy the full stories together? Certainly if you guys wish! Should we treat it as canon? Not unless you want to limit our RP circle to just us (and that means that there can't be two republic groups either).

I think he feels the same way I do, but not sure.

I think that if we treat our class story as canon, it would limit us from ever RPing with people of the same class. Imagine if every trooper treated their class story as canon; "I'm the new leader of the newly reformed Havoc squad!" "Me too!" "So am I!" "Yep me too!"; it wouldn't make sense.

So should we share the cinematics and enjoy the full stories together? Certainly if you guys wish! Should we treat it as canon? Not unless you want to limit our RP circle to just us (and that means that there can't be two republic groups either).

Basically this. Also things like, what if me and someone else wanted to have a master/apprentice relationship, we can't really do that if we go by our class stories since both the sith classes have their own master

Basically this. Also things like, what if me and someone else wanted to have a master/apprentice relationship, we can't really do that if we go by our class stories since both the sith classes have their own master

Very well, personal preference I suppose. Our group is going to make it work, with our class quests being a main part of our RP story. I was just wondering is all though, you'll have fun with whatever you do if you do it right!

Group 1: I won't be able to get on tonight, some personal issues have come up. I'm super sorry! Feel free to RP without me!

Ah, it's fine. I'll just watch the election! :rak_grin:

Edited by Mando

GROUP 3

If everyone is ready, we can play tomorrow(11/9/12) at 9pm est. pm me or leave a reply to let me know that that time is ok with everyone.

I'll be there. What planet are we meeting on by the way? Also, do you have a meeting place in name (or your character name? )

Edited by redhuntinghat

I'll be there. What planet are we meeting on by the way? Also, do you have a meeting place in name (or your character name? )

We are going to meet on the imperial fleet. We're starting new characters so me and you will be on korriban together. my characters name is Spiix