Is there any deep water anywhere in this game?

Puggg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I tried to cross the river to the island on Ord Mantel - you know, the one they blew the bridge to, the name escapes me - I cross in the wrong area apparently. I died about halfway across due to some mysterious exhaustion or something. While wading in knee-deep water.

Yeah, no swimming. I wanted to tell the doctor to just round up the kids and I'll clear the way for them. They could just walk across - no boat or airlift needed.

i can understand some things not being in on release no problem, but swimming? wouldnt that be kind of a basic thing to put in?

They basically said that swimming was time-consuming to implement, and swimming content in MMO's generally sucks (which I wholeheartedly agree with), so it wasn't worth putting in.

They basically said that swimming was time-consuming to implement, and swimming content in MMO's generally sucks (which I wholeheartedly agree with), so it wasn't worth putting in.

Eq had whole zones underwater with awesome fights and it's like 14 years old almost

So oh are incorrect IMHO

Eq had whole zones underwater with awesome fights and it's like 14 years old almost

So oh are incorrect IMHO

I never played EQ, so I dunno.

I had underwater quests in WoW though, and it was just like normal quests except there was a breath meter and occasionally Where am I getting hit from? ZOMG THERE'S A SHARK ON MY HEAD.

But it really wasn't great.

Yea along with UI customization and the other standard MMO features.

The first time I tried to cross the river to the island on Ord Mantel - you know, the one they blew the bridge to, the name escapes me - I cross in the wrong area apparently. I died about halfway across due to some mysterious exhaustion or something. While wading in knee-deep water.

Yeah, no swimming. I wanted to tell the doctor to just round up the kids and I'll clear the way for them. They could just walk across - no boat or airlift needed.

This quest makes me laugh.

It is perfectly possible to walk to the island while barely getting your feet wet.

I believe it is even possible to get there without touching water.

And yet the quest goes on and on about how deep the water is and how impossible it would be to get off the island.

My suspension of disbelief, it is blown.

I hope they add it in the future. I liked being able to swim around in wow.

I never played EQ, so I dunno.

I had underwater quests in WoW though, and it was just like normal quests except there was a breath meter and occasionally Where am I getting hit from? ZOMG THERE'S A SHARK ON MY HEAD.

But it really wasn't great.

This was in 2004. In 2010 they released a whole underwater zone which happens to be awesome. A year later bioware gave us 5cm deep puddles.

This was in 2004. In 2010 they released a whole underwater zone which happens to be awesome. A year later bioware gave us 5cm deep puddles.

The underwater zone in WoW was awful and annoying.

I could care less if bioware ever implements swimming. I feel no need to save the galaxy by doing the breast stoke.

Edited by Arkerus

Ofc it's subjective. Objectively however the zone is there, many people -myself included- found it refreshingly enjoyable and to top it off it's completely optional.

I'm not saying that swtor should have an underwater zone too. It would be nice but it's not exactly a necessity. But no swimmable water at all in 2012? How can they get away with this.