Greatest Force User of All Time

DarthSublimitas

Mace Windu was being played and was going out that window regardless. You notice that Yoda was conveniently off-planet when Palpatine's true identity was revealed.

Honestly, if you know any amount of lore at all; Luke is far and away the strongest force user the galaxy has ever seen. You can hate it or love it, but Luke is a force demi-god. Abeloth had to be created to introduce real competition for him.

Except Lucas stated Windu beat Palpatine in the duel fair and square, so no he wasnt being "played". While stating in another interview you have to be Yoda, Windu or Pre Suit Anakin to have any chance of beating Sidious.

Edited by Girdeux

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except Lucas stated Windu beat Palpatine in the duel fair and square, so no he wasnt being "played". While stating in another interview you have to be Yoda, Windu or Pre Suit Anakin to have any chance of beating Sidious.

A duel is a small factor, its the Force Battle that Counts.

just to throw a wrench into this...i love watching the fan films and one of the best that talks of the beginnings of the force is a movie from spain called Dark Resurrection Volume 1&2.(http://www.darkresurrection.com/portal/) not only does these films go into the force but also shows the first masters of the force and is the best produced SW fan film i have ever seen.

From the sith, the most powerful force user is Sidious I think, otherwise I would say Vader, but he never achieved his true potential.

From the jedi, there aren't that many really strong characters I know of, so I say Yoda.

My opinions are based from the movies.

Edited by Zeratho

did you guys just not read my post or ?

Did you not read the post that listed all the things that Luke did that makes him many, many more times more powerful the Sith Emperor?

I mean it was listed in this very thread one page back.

The Sith Emperor is a child compared to the power of Grand Master Luke.

really? did you guys just not read my post or ? Vitate consumed a planet ! he's THE emperor over 2k years old, and what did luke do that was so impressive?

He needed a lot of help in order to consume said planet, Sidious was able to do that by himself and Luke is stronger than Sidious. Its an easy path to follow, but its been stated otherwise that Luke is the most powerful Force User in Galactic history, he's Anakin's potential realized, and Anakin had the potential to be 200% more powerful than Sidious.

Highly doubt it.

Vader wanted Luke to join him.. to uh.. defeat the Emperor? So they could rule the galaxy as father and son?

No?

Not to mention Luke survived the emperor's force lighting for quite a long time.. considering mace flew out the window in like 3 seconds.

Different Voltage, Palpatine wanted to make Luke suffer, Mace was more of a liability to torture continously.

Jar Jar Binks, no question. I mean, just look at the guy. He stumbles and bumbles his way through everything as if he's completely clueless and inept, and yet somehow things always end up working in his favor. In the Battle of Naboo he was wiping out battledroids all over the place and I don't think he even knows how he did it. That, my friends, is an incredibly gifted natural force user in action. I'd go as far as to say he is the best drunken-style force user the galaxy has ever seen.

;)

Have to go with Luke on this one. Especially if we're looking at the EU. Hell, even in ROTJ (if you read the book, for some reason Lucas kept this part out of the movie) Luke starts to deflect some of the Emperor's lightning wth his own hands. Granted he only blocks a few because the Emp was pouring on the pain, but with the small amount of training Luke had at that time it was still an impressve feat.

Luke's only disadvantage was he was never as politically savy as Sidius was. Sidius was the master at shifting people where he wanted them. It's what gave him the edge and allowed him to accomplish what no other Sith ever had.

If its no contest and its Luke...because the books say so...then please point out the passage to me where it says that Luke CREATED LIFE with the force...oh wait he couldnt, but someone else could...not to metion a certain someone that could drain all life on an entire planet with the force.

Luke was a chump compared to the big boys.

If its no contest and its Luke...because the books say so...then please point out the passage to me where it says that Luke CREATED LIFE with the force...oh wait he couldnt, but someone else could...not to metion a certain someone that could drain all life on an entire planet with the force.

True, Luke never learned to bring people back from the dead (as far as I know) , but he did rediscover several force techniques and even invented a few himself. So it could swing either way if you're looking at specific 'powers' as the defining factor for who was the strongest.

Luke had more raw power than any other Force user; that's G-canon (i.e. Lucas himself has said it; there's no arguing it). You can argue about who you think OUGHT to be most powerful, in the same sense that you can argue why the sky might look nicer if it were green. The sky is blue though, and Luke Skywalker was the most powerful Force user of all time. Those are just the facts, as stated by quite a lot of people already.

Luke didn't know all the force powers, but he knew an awful lot of them, and was incredibly powerful with what he knew. He couldn't create life, no, but he could teleport things around, or literally resist the pull of a black hole, or pull thoughts out of your head, or create illusions with the Force, or a LOT of other things.

Plageuis didn't know how to teleport things around, that we know. But then the question wasn't "Which Force user knew the most Force powers?" The answer to that is Sidious, as far as we know, though some of the ancient Sith lords (unnamed and so far unwritten about) might have known a variety of powers we haven't heard of.

To put this simply, Luke > Black Hole > Everyone else.

There are force creatures that were created to be on Luke's scale (gods and planets, basically), but they're not mortals like him. And, well, he defeats them, too. ;)

Luke was the full manifestation of the Chosen One; had had all his father's potential, and realized it. He was literally descended from the Force itself, through his father, who was built to be strong enough to fulfill his destiny despite ANY opposition. Vader could have been 200% as strong as Sidious, but ended up being only 80% as strong. Luke however reached that potential, and was twice as powerful as Sidious in the long run (i.e. after Luke became Grand Master). That's not my opinion; it's canon.

Lucas has stated plainly that Sidious was the most powerful Sith in Galactic history, as well.

These questions have known answers. There's nothing to debate.

Edited by Aloro

Hmm? Plageuis could do that but he has no impressive feats besides being super smart.

Luke has... created a blackhole, absorbed AT-AT fire, is the best duelist, can teleport objects, can do lightning and so much more, He is canonically the most powerful Force User ever.

Luke had more raw power than any other Force user; that's G-canon (i.e. Lucas himself has said it; there's no arguing it).

Snip

There's nothing to debate.

The quote by Lucas was from 1988 and in it he says the Palpatine wanted to replace Vader with Luke because Luke was more powerful.

1988 is not today, it was before most of the novels and games that make up the EU AND it was only his reason why Palpatine wanted him at the TIME in the MOVIE. Vader was OLD and mostly machine by then.

Looks like there is something to debate, namely why you must take things out of context to attempt to sound correct...