Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Dalborra population is fine at the moment, can't speak for the other 2 servers. I really like the good pink I get (10ms) and don't particularly want to go back to the US where 150-200ms is typical. It makes such a huge difference in PVP and a decent difference in PVE.

I agree, queue times arn't too bad. It does not take much longer for the GF pops than on the Harbinger. In fact, I plan to do a little test today and I'll let you know how it went.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eric,

Please provide answers to these question of APAC Server Transfers.

1. Toon Name's: What is the procedure for name's of those being transferred, who will keep & who will lose their name if it it's taken on the destination server?

2. Guild Name: Is this going to be the same as the NA/EU transfers/mergers? That taken name's will receive @masterdar'nala after transfer?

3. Guild Membership: Will guild members stay in guild during transfers? Will guild's transfer over? or have to be disbanded & recreated on the destination server?

4. Guild Banks. Are guild banks going to transfer or do they have to be emptied & recovered with the cs ticket system?

5. Name Changes: Dulfy.net has given a spoiler that name changes are coming. Is this before or after APAC server transfers? If after, what happens if i change my toon's name & it is taken on the destination server? Will i get a refund? (expectation is that this will be a paid service!)

6. Legacy. If you have a legacy already on the destination server, which legacy will survive the transfer from APAC servers, Origin or Destination?

7. Splitting legacy: Can we sent toon's from a legacy to different destination servers?

Thanks eric. also an update on the time of this process would be great!

Per the OP:

PLEASE STOP IGNORING APAC PEOPLE

The posts on here have diminished, the peeps on the leveling planets have diminished, sharply over the last week...

GIVE US A BONE...... estimated time, tentative estimated time... ANYTHING!!

:(

Could we please be told what the plan is at this stage?

Whether or not I'm going to lose my gorgeous ping will affect my decision to renew my 6-month subscription.

You will lose the ping that's a fact but I also terminated my 6 month subscription due to other reasons with the lazy support team. Playing on a 180-200 ping isn't that bad and we have been doing that for years with MMO games being based on US servers. Also the community on the big servers like the Harbinger is great and you can get a lot more done not like the low pop oceanic ones.

I don't really understand what the transfer holdup is due to the transfer tool was tested under heavy load and worked very well for the 2.0 stuff.

We won't get an update for a few months more yet, Eric thinks he's dealt with the 'APAC problem' so the thread is back on /ignore. Which is a real shame because out side of this issue I like what he has done as the new community manager.

We won't get an update for a few months more yet, Eric thinks he's dealt with the 'APAC problem' so the thread is back on /ignore. Which is a real shame because out side of this issue I like what he has done as the new community manager.

On the other hand, the longer we're on /ignore, the longer we have decent ping.

Hey, Eric -- look over there! No, out past Community. I think something in, um, the Crew Skills forum really needs your attention for the next few months. Don't worry about us, we'll be fine ...

(Like I said up-thread, given how long it took them to make a decision about what to do, we're looking at somewhere between glacial and astronomical time frames before they actually do anything.)

ok I'm done, off to TSW for me, I'll be back in December when you finally open transfers.....that breaks the entire game for some reason and I somehow end up with all the Harbinger players best high level characters for nothing, I bet something like that happens.....I'm still confused koz we KNOW u can do transfers..........how is it taking this long when u already have the method in place????

Hey, Eric -- look over there! No, out past Community. I think something in, um, the Crew Skills forum really needs your attention for the next few months. Don't worry about us, we'll be fine ...

(Like I said up-thread, given how long it took them to make a decision about what to do, we're looking at somewhere between glacial and astronomical time frames before they actually do anything.)

Good plan!:D

HAHAHAHA!!! LMAO

Yes, Please Bioware, stick to your time schedule of doing things a year down the track!!! While the Population sucks, the PING is great. Raiding on the US-West coast at launch thru to server change overs was a nightmare.

That hood issue with Revan's robes defiantly needs a couple of months work. We can do the server merge after that.

No rush Eric, we cool! :cool:

I propose they shouldn't rush the merge and we should just plan for 2023 ;)

I say they do their bloody jobs better and start transfers next week....jesus if these guys worked for me i would have called their wives to apologize to them how slack their husbands were, and vice versa.

Bioware, have you forgotten about us already? Or are you ignoring us on purpose? Been waiting for a transfer for so...damn...long.

Edit: To reiterate my point, been paying you my money for so...damn...long. Please allow us the transfer already.

Edited by Prabhunath