What's up with the foggy room in Hammer Station?

Ok so in Hammer Station you have that room with the fog that burns you up very quickly. There was some canisters outside that you can bioanalysis to but we couldn't see where they went once I did it.

SO, does anyone know what the secret of that room is? Is there anything in there? If so how do we get in and survive to kill the mobs.

The person who loots the canisters gets a bunch of masks in his mission inventory. He can then activate those while targeting teammates to give them a buff so they are immune to the gas. It's an annoying mechanic compared to other companion skills where a door just opens.

So what's in the room with the gas then? Treasure? Extra boss? Lore object? Nothing?

Anyone know? Bueller?...Bueller?

There is a treasure chest back there.

There are a few rounds of mobs and I think there is one of those tougher robots guarding the chest.

Edited by JLapp

Hm Well I looked in that window didn't see any masks. But maybe I was blind. THanks For the information. :)

The two times I ran it I clicked on the canisters but did not get any gas masks to give out. I check all three inventory tabs as well but there was nothing in them.

Some guildies said there was a chest at the back but they only ever saw a green item in it.