Lightsaber crystals

WanNathiil

Hello everyone'

Im a noob at this game, playing a Jedi Guardian. Was wondering how i might collect lightsaber crystals. That is i want to be able to change color whenever. I do know how to change it in game and during modify weapon etc. But there really isnt to many colors that keep popping up.

I see some crystal formations running around, but cant collect any. Is this a skill obtained during the game?

Thanks for any helpful answer in advance.:csw_bluesaber:

You have to craft the crystals (if not using the Cartel crystals for +41 stats).

If you want to craft you need The artifice skill found on your capital planet or the fleet, along with gathering skills for Archeology and tresure hunting (if you are F2P you might have to unlock the 3rd ability or purchese those materials from GTN)

Thank's i'll try those skills then :-)

Im not free to play, and could ofcourse by some crystals with cartelmoney, but much more fun to craft them myself---

Well, the cartel crystals are actually the most powerful in the game, They give 41+ Of any stat, Power, Crit, Endurance, or Expertice, depending on the crystal. and they come in a plethora of colours. Personal favorite, Pink-Purple or Copper.

The rest actually come from the cartel packs as a random item.

To find certain colours Dullfy has created a list of what cartel packs contain what items http://dulfy.net/2013/02/04/swtor-cartel-market-pack-list/

I have found the main ones that I get from the packs are the +41 power and +41 endurance crystals. Plus once you use them they get added to your collections and for a small unlock fee any of your characters can "redeem" them from then on.

As another added factoid, if you do buy one of the Cartel pack crystals, once you equip it, it gets added to your collection. So from that point on, you can "summon" as many of them as you want (which fits your desire to swap at will). You can even pay a few coins and unlock them for all characters on your account.

• 1 month later...
As another added factoid, if you do buy one of the Cartel pack crystals, once you equip it, it gets added to your collection. So from that point on, you can "summon" as many of them as you want (which fits your desire to swap at will). You can even pay a few coins and unlock them for all characters on your account.

I would like to know how as well, as I would like another mint green crystal for another Guardian, but on my server the good ones are all going for around 700k+.

I would like to know how as well, as I would like another mint green crystal for another Guardian, but on my server the good ones are all going for around 700k+.

So, I had the same question so I went in game to look around...

open up the cartel marketplace and the top leftish part of the window there is a "collections" button. Click that and it will list all the collection items you've found (on all characters). Items unlocked by this character can be summoned at will it seems and for ~60 cartel coins you can unlock items for all characters

It has to be mentioned that merely owning the item does not unlock it in the collection. You will have to equip it. If done so, you will receive a message in the chat box that says "item x has been added to your collection".

It has to be further noted, that for armor or clothes to be added to the collection, you need to equip all armor of the respective set to unlock it.