KOTOR III......Maybe?

Cavegeta

Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum or if I should be posting on the BSN Kotor website, but given the success of TOR does anyone think there's a chance of actually getting a new Old Republic single-player CRPG?

I really don't like MMOs at all and while I liked TOR at first, it's not the same thing as a single-player CRPG. I have nothing bad to say about people who like MMOs and wouldn't want TOR to change at all in some way to be like a single-player game because it's not. I think it's done a relatively good job of striking a nice balance between the two genres, but given what I've experienced and what I've read from MMO players, there's more to be desired.

I guess I'm just curious if there could possibly be a market for having both at the same time.

man i hope so, non of the stories I played in TOR match up to SWKTOR, story wise TOR is ok, but pvp is a joke, not worth $15 after you beat the game since pvp is ****ed. Unless your an op class or in an imblanced server which is pretty much all of them. I felt great becoming a jedi in KTOR but TOR was so underwelming they should make a third one that has a better starwars feel to it, not just "here is a light saber or blaster, enjoy it since we put the name star wars on all the crapy stories"

At this point it would be pretty hard to create a third KOTOR game without hamstringing the story so it doesn't interfere with ToR. I know that LucasArts was working on KOTOR III but it got cancelled in 2007/2008.

Maybe they could create a new SW RPG either set during the rise of the first force-sensitive beings or even one set during the Legacy era.

Maybe they could create a new SW RPG either set during the rise of the first force-sensitive beings

No Lightsabers then, unless you want to witness nerd rage the likes of which you've never seen:eek:

Plus, it's far too removed from the films that it would be hardly recognisable as Star Wars to all but the most ardent of EU buffs.

or even one set during the Legacy era.

This would be better than another KoTOR.

It's largely unexplored as it's still being written, which leaves lots of "wriggle room" and it still looks "Star Wars".

Not to mention there's Jedi, Sith and "neutrals" in the shape of the Imperial Knights.

Maybe they could create a new SW RPG either set during the rise of the first force-sensitive beings

There's a new comic series with this premise.

But yeah unless Kotor 3 has a different protagonist, I don't see how it'll happen.

Cause

everyone is dead except possibly zaalbar and possibly revan.

Although I could see them doing a mass effect 2ish thing, where the intro to the game is the events of the Revan novel, and then you get betrayed and captured and it resumes 300 years later.

No Lightsabers then, unless you want to witness nerd rage the likes of which you've never seen:eek:

Plus, it's far too removed from the films that it would be hardly recognisable as Star Wars to all but the most ardent of EU buffs.

Actually they did have Lightsabers then, but they where called Protosabers, and had to have a powersource on your back that it was plugged into. It was later on durring a war with Darksiders (possibly the first war with the Sith) that the Darksiders decided to put a battery in the darn thing, and change the name to Lightsaber.

This would be better than another KoTOR.

It's largely unexplored as it's still being written, which leaves lots of "wriggle room" and it still looks "Star Wars".

Not to mention there's Jedi, Sith and "neutrals" in the shape of the Imperial Knights.

While I agree that a game set in the Legacy era would be awesome, I think that any well written Star Wars game could be profitable, but obviously you can't please everyone or else we wouldn't have any trolls complaining about PVP being imbalanced, or people complaining about Rakghoul plague events.

Actually they did have Lightsabers then, but they where called Protosabers.

Actually they didn't. There weren't even any form of Lightsaber during the Force Wars on Tython, and that's at least two millenia before the Republic was founded in 25,000 BBY, with the first Lightsaber being made 10,000 years after the Republic's founding, and was basically a pile of junk that couldn't last long.

Then there were the "protosabers" with their external power pack, then Lightsabers as we know them.

The Rakatans had Forcesabers, but they were powered by the Dark Side itself.

Edited by Fyurii

man i hope so, non of the stories I played in TOR match up to SWKTOR, story wise TOR is ok, but pvp is a joke, not worth $15 after you beat the game since pvp is ****ed. Unless your an op class or in an imblanced server which is pretty much all of them. I felt great becoming a jedi in KTOR but TOR was so underwelming they should make a third one that has a better starwars feel to it, not just "here is a light saber or blaster, enjoy it since we put the name star wars on all the crapy stories"

IKR, pvp in KOTOR I/II was so much better than in TOR.......

• 5 weeks later...

They could declare the events of SWTOR "non-cannon" or say it was one of many possibilities revealed through the force, it being "always in motion" and all :csw_yoda:

Seriously, I wish they would. What kind of sequal picks up 300 years after the time of the last installment?

Edited by darth_asinine

They could declare the events of SWTOR "non-cannon" or say it was one of many possibilities revealed through the force, it being "always in motion" and all :csw_yoda:

That's a genius idea where everyone wins actually...

TES: Skyrim, 200 years after TES: Oblivion.

Point taken. We could only wish this game were as good as Skyrim. Maybe if they copied TES instead of WoW, we'd be having an entirely different discussion.

Edited by darth_asinine

starwars churns out new producs faster than disney. although kotor 3 sounds unlikely. it is almost a certainty there is a new starwars game just over the horizon. will it be an RPG?? who knows

It will not, I know. LucasArts insists upon churning out crap now. Enjoy TFU 3. :p

It will not, I know. LucasArts insists upon churning out crap now. Enjoy TFU 3. :p

Sadly the other trolls killed TFU 3 :(

TFU series wasn't that bad overall. But yeah, trolls and fools just focus on the demi-god game instead of the books.... :rolleyes:

Instead of retconning TOR, maybe they could just flesh out the JK story and adapt it to consoles? I always did feel like it was KOTOR 3

The Jedi Knight story IS KotOR III. It's the only one that directly intersects with the Revan novel.

Lord Scourge, natch.

So chances are, the next big story expansion patch will have KotOR IV for the Jedi Knight. :p

Sadly the other trolls killed TFU 3 :(

TFU series wasn't that bad overall. But yeah, trolls and fools just focus on the demi-god game instead of the books.... :rolleyes:

The first one was ok, the second one dumped all over canon. Jedi cannot be cloned without going insane and

The Clone, Starkiller, brings Juno back to life with the force, why would a clone learn that?