When are the devs gonna make a gtn for your inventory?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gtn that you can put somewhere that not the fleet for a short amount of time.

Its to unload items that you craft while doing flashpoints,etc.

Sounds like an extremely limited use item that wouldn't even remotely justify the development time and cost and having to integrate that functionality into the existing GTN system. Plus, does anyone really want to sit around and wait to move forward on a flashpoint while 1 guy is lagging behind as he browses item listings on his mobile GTN? No thanks.

Sounds like an extremely limited use item that wouldn't even remotely justify the development time and cost and having to integrate that functionality into the existing GTN system. Plus, does anyone really want to sit around and wait to move forward on a flashpoint while 1 guy is lagging behind as he browses item listings on his mobile GTN? No thanks.

If your waiting for another guy who is afk it would be useful :rolleyes:

The real issue here is that they would never satisfy players with the cast timers. It would never be long enough for some. Seriously.... it's not so much having access to the GTN as having persistent access. I really don't see a catable GTN from inventory to ever be very functional unless they make it unreasonably absurd timers on it.

Edited by Andryah

Generally speaking, I'm rarely opposed to QoL upgrades.

But I really have a hard time seeing the importance of something like this. I've never had such a burning desire to sell something on the GTN that it couldn't wait until the end of the current quest, the current flashpoint or the current operation. Particularly since the upgraded fleet pass has no cooldown.

It's a nice idea.

Bags can fill up and there's stuff you don't want to vendor. Being able to just toss it on to GTN at-will would be a very appealing luxury item.

The nature of luxury items like Holostatues is that many people won't see the point — but enough will. It's just personalities, some people are more OCD about time spent running menial errands while others are more relaxed about a few extra load screens, etc.

Id be game for that, considering we have them in starships but folks still seem to be jammed at the one on the fleet station. It seems the kiosk in our ships was not the harbinger of doom some suspected.

Would be pretty convenient to be able to post items for sale anywhere, or buy an item you need right at that moment (and retrieve it with your mail bot).

It's a nice idea.

Bags can fill up and there's stuff you don't want to vendor. Being able to just toss it on to GTN at-will would be a very appealing luxury item.

The nature of luxury items like Holostatues is that many people won't see the point — but enough will. It's just personalities, some people are more OCD about time spent running menial errands while others are more relaxed about a few extra load screens, etc.

I know!

I always have like 10 crafted items in my inventory that i want to sell on the gtn,

Priority Transport Personal Ship -> Unlocked (Bought and paid for) GTN Terminal = instant access (plus cooldown)

If im on a long loading time planet like hoth, belsavis, voss, i dont want to go to my ship XD

I've wanted it for awhile now.

I don't care about it so much in the sense of selling things though but it would definitely make it easier to gear yourself while leveling or to grab an item that you forgot about or need while your out in the middle of nowhere on larger planets like Hoth, Belsavis, and Corellia. Areas that will/would take significant amount of time to get back to because you ended up going back to the Fleet or your ship to get something off the GTN.

Obviously if you have alts you can grab stuff and send it to whoever and they can deploy a mail droid, but I think of this more as a convenience feature, ie what can be done to reduce the amount of load screens a player needs to endure.

However if people don't like this idea or there's a technical reason that makes it complicated then I would suggest they incorporate one of their Exit Area Fast Travel from group content into more areas of the game. The feature that allows you to teleport back to the exact spot you were last in. I know GSH is using this feature when traveling to and from your home. Be nice if it worked for Fleet travel as well.

Sounds like an extremely limited use item that wouldn't even remotely justify the development time and cost and having to integrate that functionality into the existing GTN system.

It's actually quite simple from a development stand point. They'd simply be attaching a GTN interaction point to X item. It's something they could easily add any object in the game. Hell you could click on your companion and have it open. It's just an interface that's attached to an interaction node.

It wouldn't need to be integrated into anything. The player would literally be pulling up the exact same thing that they do on the Fleet.

I've always liked that you HAVE to stop questing to go back to fleet. It adds a level of realism for me.

And how long does that realism last for you when you buy an item on the GTN and it's delivered to you via electronic mail?

It's pretty amazing and realistic how you managed to get that Tauntaun out of your email like that. ;)