Operatives/Scoundrals need something, anything

Vallowen

nerf hidden strike

remove jarring strike

i dont care

leave acid blade alone. its the only thing stopping the rest of our dmg being completely rubbish

give us something to avoid being kited

if the burst from stealth doesnt kill our target, they get away. and thats it. gg. you cant get back on them. you have ZERO abilities to get on a target from that point. they can just walk away. if they have any ranged attacks they will slowly whittle you down, but most of the time i just run the opposite way and try and run around a corner and heal up. then wait 5mins until i can stealth again.

thats what conceal operative pvp is like

open

they trinket, or they dont, doesnt matter

they knockback, sprint, stun, root, whatever

they leave melee range

you lose

best case scenario is you force a 'tie' and blow your 3min CD (vanish). this is, of course, assuming they havent dotted you (most of the time they have.

shield probe absorbs about 500 dmg tops

i've never seen evasion dodge anything

take away some of the opening dmg. take away the stun. give us something that doesnt make us completely helpless outside melee range. basically an easy target for someone to just sit back and nuke the crap out of

I'd gladly take all 3 nerfs if they gave us a gap closer like force leap or force sprint. Gladly.

If that happens im going to reroll or quit. Blizzard ruined the feral druid spec by turning it into a cheap rogue clone and I am not letting Bioware do the same with the smuggler. Whats the point in having more classes if they all are pretty much the same?

Changes are needed, but giving the class an ability everyone else has is just fail IMO.

If that happens im going to reroll or quit. Blizzard ruined the feral druid spec by turning it into a cheap rogue clone and I am not letting Bioware do the same with the smuggler. Whats the point in having more classes if they all are pretty much the same?

Changes are needed, but giving the class an ability everyone else has is just fail IMO.

I was being sarcastic, but I get your point. If we get our opening nerfed so severely, they HAVE to give us some way of not being kited to death. Whether that's a gap closer, combining our vanish with a cleanse and lowering cd (talented), or something else. I guarantee with the proposed nerfs and no compensation operatives/scoundrels will go from least played class to NOT AT ALL PLAYED class.

To clarify, because I get a slew of people in here reciting times they got '3 shot' or whatever, I agree that opening damage is high.

But, the point is, with the current design, its needed. Operative survival and mobility is non-existent.

If someone does not die during the stun, or shortly after (it never happens, unless its a lvl 10), there's nothing to stop them just running off straight after. And the operative can't follow or catch up.

Right now its hard to deny there isnt much of a reason to play an Op over other classes, or for that matter there isnt much of a reason for someone to put an Op in their premade pvp group over other classes after 1.1.1.

We don't bring anything unique or new to the table, that other classes can.

Fixing a class is one thing, but making them completely useless is another.

Hidden strike - Sure, this needed to be tuned down a bit.

Jarring Strike - 1.5 Second stun for a full resolve bar... It's just way too short. Who would even consider wasting 2 talents over Debilitate?

Acid Blade - Just cut my **** off already.

In my honest opinion, why is BW pretending to care with these so called fixes. Just release a patch with a -99% damage to Operatives.