Space combat issue (proton torpedos)

So since I've installed proton missiles I can't even complete a normal mission like clouds of voorundu or whatever its called

Problem is it forces me to use protons on larger targets and REFUSES to fire normal missiles... does anyone know how to make htis work or what?

Even after proton torpedos are down, right clicking the shield generators on this particular mission or its duplicates its as if the mission wants me to use proton torpedos and even though i should have 4 anyway.. my ship only seems to carry three.

So its pretty much made missions that "require missiles" uncompletable..

Is there something I'm missing to be able to make it fire regular missiles and protons in other instances?

Video maybe? I'm a bit confused... I don't think I am having this issue at all, but maybe I am not understanding you correctly?

I have this issue too as republic and it becomes an issue on the "chase the destroyer down the planet" mission. Don't particularly mind since the mission is still completeable sometimes, depending, but having proton torpedos definitely makes it more difficult. My internet sucks so I can't upload a video, and you wouldn't be able to see the issue on a video anyway really.

The problem is: You tap right click to fire a normal missle, you hold right click to fire a proton torpedo at certain targets. For those targets, in many cases when you tap right click to fire a regular missile, the game starts channeling the "locking on" animation for the protons without firing a regular missile. This means that if you want to fire 4 normal missiles at a sheild generator, you'd normally put your cursor over the generator, and right click 4 times in rapid succession and 4 missiles would leave your ship. Instead of this, in some cases because of the bug it will start locking on, then release, and start locking on again, then release, etc, 4 times, and never fire a shot.

For republic, there are two missions where you can use proton torpedos at 50, the "defend a space station" one, and the "smash up the destroyer" one. The space station one doesn't matter since you have no mission critical targets that can be proton torpedoed, you just fire one at the bridge of the destroyer for the craic, but for the "follow the destroyer" one, there are 4 sheild generators to kill, plus one bridge for a bonus. Assuming it bugs, you are either unable to complete the mission, or unable to complete the bonus. I often find you can fire at some of the sheild generators but not others with regular missiles, so I usually go through checking each one on the first pass, and try to kill at least one with regular missiles, after that you may as well just use protons on the 3 remaining gens and the bridge to save yourself the hastle of dealing with the bug, despite the fact that it's quicker and easier to just use missiles on one, proton one while they're reloading, missile the next etc. It really feels like the protons are more of a hinderance than a help, and I would simply unequip them if they wern't required for killing things like bridges in the later missions where you don't have time to kill them with regular missiles.

I'm not logged in atm so can't check but the idea has just come to me to try: Did you switch ability useage to "on key release" instead of "on key press" in the options? I did and I have the issue, while my friend who I believe hasn't done this does not experience it. Could be a cause?

Also, as an aside I'd just like to register a few small complaints with the space missions. I do enjoy them as a silly minigame and a neat way to earn some money each day from the dailys, but:

Protons really suck, even if they worked correctly they are kind of bad. I can't speak for imps, but for republic they are only useable on two of the three missions, on one, the only targets that can be shot by them I'm not even sure if it gives a bonus to kill those targets, and on the other, you do get a bonus I believe for killing the bridge which is great, but the 4 sheild generators, I would rather kill with missiles really most of the time.

EMP is really terrible for everything other than clearing the minefields in the minefield mission. I hope the imps have a similar mission to republics as the minefield one where you can use it to clear a field because if they don't I can't imagine any situation where you would care about using it. Yep, if you are passing a large clump of targets you can do very nice damage with one keypress right, but since it doesn't actually kill anything (I'm at least partially sure it doesn't even kill destroyer turrets, definitely doesn't kill fighters) you wonder what the actual point is. If you use it on the first pass over a destroyer and then use the guns on the turrets on the second pass, maybe it's marginally faster to kill them with guns on the second pass? Maybe? I doubt it makes as much difference as the admittedly meagre damage would imply even in that situation since your guns have travel time anyway and there's generally enough dps in the air to kill your target before the first shots actually hit. If this is to be of any use whatsoever it should at least kill fighters and turrets reliably? Or it could work as a ghetto EMP, making things unable to fire for a few seconds, as well as the damage? I'm not sure but as it stands, it's just really terrible unless you are minesweeping.

Also, just a minor gripe that can't really be fixed, but looking into the future, it would be pretty cool if every space station ever didn't come prefab flatpack from Ikea. As a jedi knight who enjoys flying missions and loathes orbital stations before planets, I have noticed that every single minor space station in the galaxy, apparently, is identical when viewed from the outside. Planetary orbital stations, offensive and defensive space mission space stations, and a couple of class quest ones (Including, by the way, the space station where you visit a somewhat important character in the lore that was bigged up throughout the class quest as being unique and special and exciting and "oh my god we need to do all this crazy stuff to even find it or get near it!") turn out to be completley identical. I understand that resources required to make models blah blah and I don't really care that it all looks the same but it does feel a bit weird that they apparently make all these space stations on the same production line and makes you wonder why either faction doesn't just like, dress a bunch of dudes up in the other factions uniforms, put them all on one of their own orbital stations, tow it to an opposing factions planet and just pretend to be the bad guys. Who would know? You could probably catch quite a few people by having them land on the wrong station thinking it belonged to them.

So since I've installed proton missiles I can't even complete a normal mission like clouds of voorundu or whatever its called

Problem is it forces me to use protons on larger targets and REFUSES to fire normal missiles... does anyone know how to make htis work or what?

Even after proton torpedos are down, right clicking the shield generators on this particular mission or its duplicates its as if the mission wants me to use proton torpedos and even though i should have 4 anyway.. my ship only seems to carry three.

So its pretty much made missions that "require missiles" uncompletable..

Is there something I'm missing to be able to make it fire regular missiles and protons in other instances?

Yup having this same issue...just tried Voorundu like 5 times before finally giving up due to this bug, this makes this almost impossible. I guess the only option is to do it with out them :(

First off it shows you the three torpedoes in reserve and the one in the tube, that purple thing next to the torpedo count is the one in the tube. Its like the missile counter.

To my knowledge there are only three targets you can lock onto with torpedoes and that is; Destroyer bridges, Destroyer shield generators, and space station main comm arrays. You are having an issue with the destroyer shield generators. Without unequiping the torpedoes the only ways for you to destroy them are to use your laser cannons or just use the torpedoes. You can do these missions WITHOUT using regular missiles on the generators, you just focus them once the ship is in range just pay less attention to the frigates and keep moving...also upgrade your ship if you need to.