The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Today on Ravagers 8m SM PUG on my scoundrel heals where everyone at the beginning says that this is their first time on this particular op’s, everyone is well geared in 186 or the odd 180 but all good there and I assume it will be a good learning experience for all of us to get to know this new op. Take down the first boss first try no issues, get through mobs again with no big issues but when we get to the second boss man alive did it bring out the worst in some people. First try we wipe and our healer is telling everyone how much they suck the tanks are blaming the DPS the DPS are blaming the tanks and healers and I’m just standing their quietly as the chat erupts into insults being thrown everywhere and at everyone. The Op leader eventually tells everyone to calm down as it is all our first time on this op and this boss, the healer tells the leader something rather rude before dissing everyone else for being NOOB’s before leaving, one of the tanks spews out some more insults at the DPS before leaving a few more people leave with some other rather rude comments about NOOB’s and the such before leaving and then I leave with a few more adds to my ignore list.

I mean wow this not being able to go into Op’s and just cake walk it with little to no effort is really getting to some people now that they have to actually learn fights and are not insanely over geared and can't simply be carried.

If I didn't want to learn them via playing them I would stick clear of them all together with some of the attitudes of people I'm seeing lately but unfortunately I want to play them, learn and get me some ultimate comm's.

TLDR // Wiped first try at second boss on Ravagers some ego's are bruised due to this, insults are thrown around and everyone leaves.

To be fair, our guild took less tries to kill Nightmare Raptus than it took to kill Quatermaster Bulo. There's a reason I aint going to pug anything new unless it gets nerfed (but I dont want it nerfed, I just want them to release Story Mode ops instead of just HM and NiM modes :p)

I just popped into forums and see 4 separate threads (thats only in fp/heroics/ops section) about HM 55's are too difficult

Well, if healers get nerfed by good 20% or even more in the burst department and a single cademimu/mando raiders dog can dish out 10k damage in three seconds flat, I'd say four threads are demonstrating a decent amount of restraint. I would love to see a group of four first-timers pugging it in 156 free Oricon gear. Multiple wipes on single trash pack are well within the realms of possibility.

Well, if healers get nerfed by good 20% or even more in the burst department and a single cademimu/mando raiders dog can dish out 10k damage in three seconds flat, I'd say four threads are demonstrating a decent amount of restraint. I would love to see a group of four first-timers pugging it in 156 free Oricon gear. Multiple wipes on single trash pack are well within the realms of possibility.

The mainline bosses seem okay, but 55HM bonus bosses are causing trouble. Gil kept 2shotting the (admittedly somewhat-undergeared and bad at moving out of circles) Sages in a recent HM Mandalorian Raiders run I had. He didn't use to do THAT; you could generally count on surviving three hits at least. Of course, the bigger problem is that these Sages kept being slow to get out (understandable) and choosing to stand still and cast a heal on themselves rather than get out of the circle first (not understandable).

All in all, given my admittedly limited experience this past week, I'd say the gear 55HMs drop is now worse than the gear you need to have to reasonably finish them.

I'll share one of my low level FP runs! Haha. Sorry it's so long, I enjoy writing and reading long post...

So, I queue up as a healing Merc for Boarding Party. Normally, I hate healing. I'm not bad at it, but they're usually the first ones to catch blame, no matter if it's their fault or not. But! I decide, "Let's heal a PUG! Maybe I'll meet some nice and awesome people!" Which, very rarely happens in a PUG FP, but meh.

So, we all zone in. This is STANDARD BP. Not an HM. So, should be pretty easy, regardless. I have faith in people that they can easily make up for lack of gear with little skill at this level. A Juggernaut Tank in great gear, a Marauder in rather decent gear, an Assassin in pretty low gear but not that bad, and me the Mercenary healer in great gear. So, I think this is going to be easy! Everyone starts off by saying "Hello!" So, they seem friendly. I buff the group, and we move out. First few pulls are super easy since the NPCs help. When the NPCs stop following, suddenly things go very bad. The first pull of mobs, I'm caught off by surprise. The Assassin actually pulls before the tank, and their HP drops quickly as every mob focuses him. But, I heal him through it. Then, while I'm use the recharge skill to vent some heat from saving the assassin in the last pull, he pulls another group. I heal him again, no one dies.

"stupid ***, learn2tank" The assassin types into chat.

"Stop pulling mobs before I do." The tank replies.

Oh boy... I was in a really good mood before this, like normal. But, I can't stand when people insult others on the internet. It's just childish and pointless. I say nothing, just bounce around in circles to keep my mood up. At this point, I've been healing all of us a decent amount. Not just the tank. But, I didn't really think anything of it until the next pull. In the next pull of enemies, I have to use Energy Shield and Kolto Overload just to live. I supercharge my cells, use all my healing CDs and spam the Kolto shot if my heat is getting high while vent in on CD. The assassin dies at the very end of the fight. I rez him, no one says anything. First boss, assassin asks how the fight goes. I explain, we start. No wipes. In fact, I only use Kolto shot the entire time (maybe a scan or two in there). Back to the normal enemies. And! Back to me stressing to keep everyone alive. I HAVE to use Energy Shield and Kolto Overload on CD. The assassin (whom I hate at this point) tells the tank to speed up. So, less recharge time. Then, we wipe on the next set of enemies because my Kolto Overload is on CD. The tank have a huge tunnel vision problem. The Mara points out that I'm taking more hits then the tank actually is. Which, is true. I heal myself the most, than the assassin, than the juggernaut, and finally the nice mara requires the least amount of heals.

"She's just a noob" The tank says in chat.

"Dude, she's doing a better job at tanking than you are, and she's keeping us up." The mara defends me.

"We wouldn't die if she was any good."

"She shouldn't have to tank for you since you're the tank. She's doing great considering we have a tunnel vision tank and an assassin that wants to be a tank."

Reminds me two Foundry rund :'D

First one:

I was on my merc, healer back then. After reading this you'll see why no more. I got added to a group for the Foundry. I thought "well, let's see levels and who's the tank". I start looking: lvl 36 sniper, lvl 36 sniper aaaand... lvl 36 sniper. My very first thought "we're *********** doomed". Yet, I hope it was to be a fun run at least.

We started the fp, all damage divided between the 4 of us, mostly on me, I reached heat top but we all survived. That JUST the first mobs group. We kept our way, I somehow managed to save us all with no wipes. Impressive taking into a count sniper's low hp and ridiculous armor. They weren't even using DCDs, in fact one of them was just snipe>snipe>snipe>snipe>snipe>basic attack till energy>snipe...

We got to first boss, still heat at 50% and they pulled it. My tact? Tank mode: I just got close, atacked and started healing myself. I survived with 5% or so of my hp. Since that moment more of that, not waiting for everyone to have max health and energy, I really got stressed. "You really can do it! Best healer ever!" Said mr. Snipesnipesnipe. We got to HK. BIG problems.

Now the "tank mode" did not work. Mobs were on me and I got f***ing crazy healing myself using all my cds and venting heat too soon in the fight. HK began to snipe. 2 shoots one sniper down. Other two shoots the other two almost. Meanwhile they ignored the mobs so I had to heal myself. Of course, HK shooted again and killed another sniper and I got killed by adds. I said "there's a huge need of a tank. A tank needs to take HK's snipers, he can resist. You snipers don't." And mr. Ionlyusesnipe replied "we died because you're a f***ing noob and don't know to heal!" I left group, ignored him and respecd to dps.

Second story

On my so-really-loved juggertank, got a PUG for foundry. I guarded healer and well, got real problems with a mara. What do maras do? Attack like crazy and not waiting! The fun was he blamed me for not attacking faster. Well, awesome healer kept us alive. We got to first boss, operative dps asked for tacts, I said "i'll explain". Mara jumped again and died. Blamed both healer and me. All the fp the same. In revan, he got killed by falling to the void. Still blamed the healer! We wiped because healer got killed by the same pushback (he stayed where he shouldn't, but can't blame him for just a mistake. Really great healer). And second time mara GOT KILLED THE SAME WAY and this time blamed me. Healer whispered me: "what about kicking him before the talk that ends the fp?" My reaction: "vote to kick. Reason: got to learn some modals".

I'm usually the kind of player that speaks, jokes, explains and is patient. But I can't stand being insulted by idiotic noobs/pros for their mistakes. Anyway, the point is: in GF you find everything, if you ever meet me in, take it for granted you'll have fun (what it comes for me. The other two members.. mistery). But I've met really disgusting people too. I ignore like 5 players. Met thousands. Guess I've been lucky to find only 5 I can't stand.

Why some players think Marauders/Snipers aren't anymore what they used to be before 3.0?

Yes, they are. In fact, they are now more than they used to be.

KDY.

Decided to try new AP Powertech (I'm still trying to decide between AP and Pyro).

Me, low level Jugg, Overload-is-good-aoe and I-can-solo-this-Sniper

Hangar scenario:

First groups of enemies go down easily but when we have to clear left and right rooms I notice that Sniper likes to pull. Yes, even if others are 100+ meters away. He even pulls command team when rest of us finish the previous group at stairs. Jugg dies a lot because Mr. Sniper doesn't let others to regen their health. Jugg quits and we get replacement.

Ok, AP gets a boost to DfA fairly early. This assassin though... Every time I used DfA assassin knocks everything out of its range. Oh, how I have missed you Overload. Next scenario, ship assembly goes fine.

Boss: trooper guy

Everyone seems to know the fight. But, they use kolto stations every time I'm at 20% (from holding aggro from boss and adds at the same time) and results me getting very small heals and eventually dying. Every time I tried to kill adds with DfA... Overload at the last second and adds survive.

Edited by Halinalle

Met a funny sorc this morning, before being shoved off for maintenance.

Got a pop with my sorc healer for HM mando.

I zone in and see the jugg tank and sorc dps are already moving for the first pull. I notice the sorc pulls but that doesn't ring alarm bells yet (its only 3 standards, bunched up, so easy I don't see why they bothered putting it in). We stand waiting by the next pull, the other dps, a mara is taking him time to zone in. A long time infact so I decide I will inspect people to stop myself getting bored.

First off the tank, he is end stacked (pre 3.0 comms gear, mostly 162's) I then inspect the dps sorc. And am surprised to see every single piece of his equipment has at least some shield and absorb, granted this is mixed in with power and he is willpower high in his armouring. This seems a bit strange seeing as he has a focus in his offhand so shield and absorb do nothing at all for him. Still most of his gear has higher power than shield/absorb (except his body piece which is absorb high and feet and hands are shield high) so we might be ok.

The sorc dps is bored of waiting for the mara so they pull the next group, with force storm. We complete the pull and the sorc immediately goes for the next group (4 standards, 1 elite and a patrolling elite who walks right through the middle). He pulls with force storm and only uses force storm even when there is just 1 enemy left.

The mara loads in and we set off, All the way up to the first boss the sorc dps runs on ahead of the tank and only uses force storm, regardless of the fight. At the first boss the sorc dps pulls and stacks on the bloke so (quoted directly from him) "it keeps the dogs close so I kill all 3 at once". We wipe and I inform them (in the politest possible way :p) that I will not be healing through mechanics and I will no longer be healing anybody who pulls before the tank.

We get back to the first boss, do it properly though the sorc dps still seems to think force storm is the only attack available (still I suppose its better than overload on CD). Once past the first boss the sorc continues pulling first and without my heals ends up dead on the next 3 pulls. After his third death he tells me I am not healing properly but the mara helpfully points out "he said he wont heal people who pull before the tank". The sorc decides to ignore this and continues to pull before the tank and dies in pretty much every pull. We get to a pull later on which is just a patrolling elite (in the corridor between the lift and the bridge just before the 2nd boss).

As its only 1 enemy I decide to give this a little test (based upon the sorc dps gear and rotation). When he opens with force storm on the singular enemy I start a force lightning....and pull aggro. I point out to him afterwards that prehaps force storm could be used in conjunction with other abilities to get a higher damage output, and add a little comment that my healer specced sorc managed to pull aggro off his dps. He informs me I am going on his ignore list, then drops group. The tank says "at last, maybe now we can do this properly", requeues us, get a replacement and complete with no further issues.

Edited by BobFredJohn

I started playing during the x12, so the first instance (in this game) I could get was just after 3.0 came.

I queue and get KDY: Me, 24 sorc, 2 30ish sorcs and a 47 sorc. I enter, type 'First time here, first instance ever so tell me if I need to do anything'.

While I was typing, people scatter and start attacking mobs all over. Oh well, I follow the 47 and attack his targets.

This works till we get to the 'defend the dock' part (not sure about the name). After killing mobs that came, 2 people run off to the left stairs up, 47 goes to the right ones. I follow the 47 up. We kill some mobs on the stairs and then he pulls the group on top, in the middle. I look and see other 2 sorcs dead and 2 elites (champions?) in the group he pulled.

I focus on one I can see from the stairs, bring him to about 10% when suddenly other mobs start attacking me. I run down, killing the elite on the way and los/kite the rest of the group around till I got help: a PT and operative. Confused to hell out of me till I checked chat log later: group changed 6 people while we were running as people died they would just leave.

Finished it without problems after that, but still it's most confusing instance I did in a long time. Next time I go I will have to ask for tictacs again, cause I have no idea what was going on.

Another fun part: When purple item dropped, I would check what it is and get 'Just press greed already ffs'. I look better and see a) it's a rep item and b) everybody else needed. Right, I'll greed.

Edited by Bearmug

The mainline bosses seem okay, but 55HM bonus bosses are causing trouble. Gil kept 2shotting the (admittedly somewhat-undergeared and bad at moving out of circles) Sages in a recent HM Mandalorian Raiders run I had. He didn't use to do THAT; you could generally count on surviving three hits at least. Of course, the bigger problem is that these Sages kept being slow to get out (understandable) and choosing to stand still and cast a heal on themselves rather than get out of the circle first (not understandable).

All in all, given my admittedly limited experience this past week, I'd say the gear 55HMs drop is now worse than the gear you need to have to reasonably finish them.

Funny you should mention Gil. Had two different Mando Raiders. The one I was tanking got this sorc healer who was...less than experienced with his role. Didn't start healing until I was well below 50% HP as he was too busy dpsing. Now that wouldn't be so weird in and of itself...but his 32k HP total will give you clue to his gear level. Bosses were largely fine, then we got to Gil. First spinny thing it becomes clear that I will have to kite this guy big time. But even kiting, he couldn't keep up me OR the two snipers. Or himself. Worse yet, he would stand in the way so I had almost zero space to move. Wipe. Fine, I ask them to stand on the same side of room so I can kite and they are stacked (but not too tightly) for AoE heals. Yeah, no, I die within a minute after blowing every CD. Third try I die while healer is busy casting AoE heal for the snipers. I start to think Gil got hands on the steroids the dogs are chewing on, as my jugg is pretty geared and I used to just stay still the whole fight pre-3.0.

Which turns out not to be the case when I get the same FP with my vanguard. Had a vanguard tank 35k-ish, so no immediate red flags. Until Braxx. Where he goes for the marked hound, AoE taunts aimed at hounds, Braxx running rampant. I tell him to keep the guy away, healer shows him where to stand, nothing. I give up, taunt the guy (love the new Tactics mobility) and we get through. I point out that if he is new, he should mention that so others can fill him in. "lolz" and "had a lag" were his answer. How very convenient. I check his achievements and sure enough, his first HM. Healer flashes his Elite completion chievo from three months ago (for those who don't keep track, you need to do this FP 25 times on BOTH sides to get it), not sure if he didn't get who was that aimed at or just wanted to brag, but he could deliver, more later.

The tank, as expected, knows no shortcuts, pulls every turret, yet claims he done this on HM with his [other class]. Who didn't finish Tatooine and is not even 50, but sure. So we go to boarding party, no corner pull, straight in, tunnel tanks the only mob who does threat drop. I put a volley on the ranged guys to keep them off the healer and we make it through. I give him a chance to come clean, he claims he has 2 accounts. Well, lesson learned, I expected "different server" excuse and this caught me off guard. We get to Gil's console with enough mobs and someone asks if we are doing it. I say that it is not a good idea, considering the tanking quality, but the tank pulls him anyway. Which is about as much tanking effort he will put in the whole fight. So most of the time I am kiting around waiting for Gil to jump to the healer or the slinger and I could have sworn the tank used nothing but hammer shot and explosive round the whole time (some taunts, but you get the point). Miraculously, the healer is able to cope with this and we make it without a single death.

After Mavrix bugs out and doesn't jump to the middle at the start, I point this out and get ready to run out, they carry on, several enraged turrets and me jumping to Gil's hole later, we kill Mavrix after I get to tank the turrets hoping for the tank to push Mavrix low enough to wipe us (liars bring out the vengeance, what can I say, I am severly allergic), but it goes alright in the end. I mention in group chat that the tank owes the healer a massive beer and get out. One more for the ignore list.

I then inspect the dps sorc. And am surprised to see every single piece of his equipment has at least some shield and absorb, granted this is mixed in with power and he is willpower high in his armouring. This seems a bit strange seeing as he has a focus in his offhand so shield and absorb do nothing at all for him. Still most of his gear has higher power than shield/absorb (except his body piece which is absorb high and feet and hands are shield high) so we might be ok.

Ah, shield and absorb on a sorc are the sign of a player who doesn't read tooltips or guides or anything. I'd bet a million credits that his thought process was:

"Hey, when my Static Barrier eats an attack, I get some flytext that says 'absorbed'. I better stack this stat called Absorb so it'll eat even more damage! What's a tooltip? What's a character window?"

Other signs of people who don't read tooltips:

• People who try to CC mobs with the "boss immunity" or "alert" buff.
  • Stealthers who try to sneak past mobs with Super Steath Detection.
  • Knights/Warriors who use Awe/Intimidating Roar while surrounded by droids and only droids.
  • People who pop Hold The Line/Hydraulic Overrides and then wonder why they're not immune to stuns. (This was me for about two days, not gonna lie.)
  • People who pile on enemies with an immunity buff (Soa 3rd phase, Sairisi, Operator IX cores) instead of looking for mechanics to follow.
  • Sentinels/Marauders who pop Guarded by the Force/Undying Rage BEFORE going into battle. Or even just people who pop DCDs while out of combat in general.

Other signs of people who don't read tooltips:

• People who try to CC mobs with the "boss immunity" or "alert" buff.
  • Stealthers who try to sneak past mobs with Super Steath Detection.
  • Knights/Warriors who use Awe/Intimidating Roar while surrounded by droids and only droids.
  • People who pop Hold The Line/Hydraulic Overrides and then wonder why they're not immune to stuns. (This was me for about two days, not gonna lie.)
  • People who pile on enemies with an immunity buff (Soa 3rd phase, Sairisi, Operator IX cores) instead of looking for mechanics to follow.
  • Sentinels/Marauders who pop Guarded by the Force/Undying Rage BEFORE going into battle. Or even just people who pop DCDs while out of combat in general.

Additional:

• People who cast cc then jump at the enemy they cc'd
  • People who pop hold the line/hydraulic overrides out of combat as a speed boost
  • People who try to dps Ikoral adds in red reaper final boss

Edited by BobFredJohn

Additional:

• People who cast cc then jump at the enemy they cc'd
  • People who pop hold the line/hydraulic overrides out of combat as a speed boost
  • People who try to dps Ikoral adds in red reaper final boss

With the new update and utilites, hydraulic overrides can be a speed boost now. But pre 3.0 yea thats true

I had a HM55 Czerka this afternoon. It wasn't bad, in fact other than one wipe (which could have been avoided [the gernades fired by the Security Chief]) it went well. This is more about the strategy chosen by my DPS (I was the tank) to take care of the blue and red spawns during the final fight. The DPS would let each add spawn and then murder it down instead of releasing its opposite and letting chemical attraction do its business. A lot of time lost on the boss and the healer worked overtime --- but we won. I didn't mention anything in chat (my directions at the first instance of these adds went unheeded) as it seemed the healer had it all under control. Like I said: we won; but it was a weird road to victory.

i am a long term player havent posted much, played as f2p/prefered and sub, going to be prefered again

i have read all 562 pages of the wierd people you all have met in groupfinder to this very day it has been entertaining to read and i hope it stays like this, i really do thank you all for the good laughs you gave me and alot of other people

sadly you had to suffer like a rakghoul:rak_03: i do hope you have enough courage left to keep queeing up for flashpoints and tacticals ^^ and keep providing new stories *they never run out goes to show how many clueless/******es there are ingame*

This scenario is going to sound crazy but on my two 60’s (healer and tank) I was looking for tactical groups to get my daily elites, I queue up with my healer and it’s very slow, obviously not a lot of people looking tonight. It finally pops and instantly someone declines, a few minutes it goes again and someone declines instantly yet again and I go on with my daily run and begin to notice a trend in that it keeps popping with these same two DPS in it every time it pops before some auto leaves. It gets to the point where I’m to annoyed and just don’t bother. About an hour later I swap to my Tank and queue once again for tactical to get my daily elites. It pops almost instantly and just as I notice these same 2 DPS from before on my healer before “someone” auto declines, a few minutes later the same thing happens again with the same two DPS. I have no idea whether these two DPS were just trolling everyone in 60 queue finder or were trying to find a tactical that had already started or what but I end up giving up on my Tank as well. I end up trying to find a HM 60 on my heals but no pops tonight.

Edit: // Has anyone noticed that Tanks are in high demand for 60’s HM and Op’s? On my heals I seem to wait a very long time for a HM 60 pop no matter what time of the day at least 20-30min (can only imagine DPS wait times) each time whereas when on my Tank it doesn’t seem to matter what time of day I’m on I pop instantly. I’ve also noticed on fleet chat for the new 60 op group’s people constantly spamming for tanks. Makes me lol that people seem to be crying out / begging for tanks and yet usually do nothing but bad mouth every little mistake they make once they have one and then wonder why no one wants to roll one :rolleyes:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Edit: // Has anyone noticed that Tanks are in high demand for 60’s HM and Op’s? On my heals I seem to wait a very long time for a HM 60 pop no matter what time of the day at least 20-30min (can only imagine DPS wait times) each time whereas when on my Tank it doesn’t seem to matter what time of day I’m on I pop instantly. I’ve also noticed on fleet chat for the new 60 op group’s people constantly spamming for tanks. Makes me lol that people seem to be crying out / begging for tanks and yet usually do nothing but bad mouth every little mistake they make once they have one and then wonder why no one wants to roll one :rolleyes:

Tanking correctly requires good (I would use the word innate but thats abit over the top) understanding of all the pulls and boss fights (for example on a trash pull, if the tank knows that 3 enemies will run out of the door to the left, the fight is easier).

It used to be that (though not so much any more due to healer nerf and mob damage buff) that dps was the easy "ill tag along as dps until I know the fights, then I can heal/tank them".

It certainly was for me, when I started learning the 55 ops I did so with my guild. I would play dps, we ran SM's, they taught me fight tactics as though it was HM etc. Once I knew the fights as dps we did the same with my healer then tank, then I went to HM with dps first, healer then tank.

If people were to continue following that then its likely that people who play a number of roles will want to learn the fight from the (relative) simple role of dps rather than jump in as a tank in which they are expected to know how to control each and every pull (even when running with DerPS).

The other issue is, as you said, the tank will get abuse from everybody if they don't hold every spec of aggro in every pull (I have sometimes had dps complaining that they had to kill 1 standard enemy that I made no effort to grab aggro on, why would I bother getting aggro on a standard who is being shot by a dps?) The main issue there is people who don't play tanks and therefore have no idea how its done, then decide the tank is aweful without even knowing the specifics of the pull (for example my shadow being accused of pathetic tanking in SM mando raiders first boss because "the dogs were all over the place").

Edited by BobFredJohn

Many peeps are "scared" of using a Tank. Others find it "boring" (jeez, Tank is *********** funny). Thus, the number of TpC (tanks per character, new term, copyright Scaurgy 2014) is really low. Also, we tanks being bored of (and probably ignoring) some idiotic "pros" (notice I use "pro" as a bad word meaning "someone who does know what he has to do and for that thinks himself better, doesn't play to have fun but to win, will take the credit when things turn right and blame everyone when gone wrong") makes us prefer going on guild runs than pugs, so for when there's a call most of us have already done the op.

I my case, there're two or three dps I never team up with (blaming the rest for their mistakes, that I can't stand), whereas there're some players (a tank, some dps) that usually call me directly to go ops. Thus, I usually am locked. This is very common for us tanks as good players pay attention not just to how good healers are doing but also to tanks, and as there are not a lot of tanks (and just a small group that can be considered as "good") it's very likely people contact us directly, so when a pug comes up there are not many tanks left. I think this is all why there's always tank spamming.

In SWTOR, as a tank you have to:

- know all pulls (if you can do it blindfolded it's only "decent")

- hold aggro on everything within 100m even if it means death

- have highest rated gear with highest rated set bonus (anything else = you're undergeared)

That's why I don't queue on my tanks.

This "DPS doesn't have DCDs" thing is funny because, as a DPS, every time I get hit by anything even once it only gives me one more reason to kill that enemy ASAP.

Edited by Halinalle

Groupfinder short story:

Healed a run of HM Cademimu on my Commando. One of the DPS was a Dirty Fighting Gunslinger. I notice he's putting the Hemorrhaging Blast debuff on enemies and using Wounding Shots, but there's no sign of any DoTs on enemies. I tell him to DoT enemies up before using Wounding Shots, as it pretty much doesn't do diddly otherwise. His response:

"It procs Quickdraw."

In his defense, he was apparently more used to Sharpshooter and just switched over, but dayum. A DoT spec that doesn't use DoTs.

Also, who let this thread slip down to page 2 of the subforum?

BADS FOR THE BADS GOD! SCRUBS FOR THE SCRUBS THRONE!

nothing at all to do with group finder or (as such) other players but I found it hilarious. Its to do with the end of the rishi storyline so spoilers

After saving the captured Theran we make our escape. Now you know when you click an nps the text under their name says:

<distance> | <strength> | <type>

for example: 18.72m | strong | quickshot

Well when I clicked theran it said: <distance> | elite | assassin

I wondered why the game considered a rep with 1 pistol an assassin. Then we get to a pull with a few enemies so I start my suppressive fire channel to mop them all up easily. Theran runs in and does a knockback, throwing everything out of the aoe. He does so every time I do an aoe.

Now I see why he is considered an assassin.

[...]

Also, who let this thread slip down to page 2 of the subforum?

BADS FOR THE BADS GOD! SCRUBS FOR THE SCRUBS THRONE!

Lololol, brilliant :)

I assure you, the new level 60 hardmodes are certainly ensuring that the Bads God's insatiable hunger is appeased.

And, consider the thread duly bumped, FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Haven’t been doing any 60 HM’s because I’ve been waiting for the next patch to fix the weekly and hopefully give better comm’s because my repair bills are not worth a few basic’s.

Earlier in the week I did SM DP 16m op on my 60 heals, we got to the last boss and ended up disbanding. Anyway today I saw on fleet someone advertising 16m DP for last boss, and I remember thinking it was my lucky day that there was another non-group finder op where I as a 60 could join and at the last boss to! I join up zone in and meet up with the others in the final boss area and notice that we only have 12 people and I figure that we’re just waiting on others and the leader is still advertising. A few minutes later the leader arrives and says that this is so easy we can do it with just the 12 of us. I ask who the tanks are and the leader replied that only HM needs tank scrubs (umm ok?) and I noticed we also have one other healer so we have 10 DPS, 2 heals and no tanks on the final boss of DP 16m mode. Someone else says they’re new to the fight and the op leader just says “just follow me lolz.” I’m just about to leave because this op leader has to be trolling but before I do the leader starts and I have never in my entire life seen such a chaotic display in my pugging life but to put it plainly everyone goes down super fast. I revive in phased area only to get a message from op leader along the lines of “OMG you healers suck so hard, we don’t need you scrubs” followed by a few more profanities. Obviously I’m out of there and quit and not 1 minute later I get a message from the leader along the lines of, “OMG lolz can’t you take a joke come back we need heals.” I block the guy and get on with some dailies. Worst OP PUG experience for me EVER :mad:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Groupfinder short story part II: Electrified Water Boogaloo

Get slotted to heal HM Czerka Corporate Labs, level 59 Commando. Tank is 58 Guardian, DPS are 58 Combat Sentinel and 58 Telekinetics Sage. First boss hits enrage at 50%. Since we're overleveled for it and because I must be the patron saint of healing or something, we clear it with only one death (Sentinel lagged, stood in water, eventually disconnected.)

Sage is never putting Weaken Mind (or Mind Crush) on the boss. I tell him to use his DoTs. We clear down, kill second boss EXTREMELY SLOWLY with only the Sage dying (guess what he died to). We clear down, kill third boss EXTREMELY SLOWLY. The Sage lets adds out but doesn't burn the blue guys, so I have to spam-heal a lot. Amazingly no deaths, though I ran out of ammo during the burn phase at the end. We got a replacement during the fight who came in and stood apologetically outside the locked door until it was all over.

I've seen the Eradicator Droid enrage at 30% due to low DPS (and actually healed through it successfully on my Scoundrel, pre-3.0 this was, story ended up on page 407 of this thread), but I've never seen it enrage at 50%. I know there was a DPS nerf and a stat squish, but everyone's gear was okay and we overgeared it, and STILL the DPS took twice as long to kill it as they should have.

my first ever lvl 60 HM fp run. rattaka prime, I am on my 45k sniper, theres a 44k sorc dps, 47k jugg tank and 45k merc healer.

The other dps says hello, I say "hi, im new here do you lot mind explaining the fights to me?", the healer stays quiet and the tank says "shut up and get moving" (he is waiting for us by the first pull).

The first pull is those 4 dog/cat type things in which we each get aggro on a separate 1, I get the 1 I shot, other dps gets 1, tank tunnel visions 1 and healer gets the last, I kill mine first and get the healers too while the sorc finishes off the tanks one.

Second pull just inside the cave the tank tunnelvisisons, I start shooting 1 of the dogs and the sorc AOE's everything. The sorc therefore grabs all aggro, hp plummets and they resort to aggro dump and force barrier. Everything now moves to the healer (tank is still attacking his 1 enemy) and I start working on ripping aggro. Once I have aggro on 2 strongs and a standards I work on killing them with the healer working his backside off keeping me up.

Next pull is pretty much the same, tank tunnel visions, other dps opens with aoe then runs away and I end up peeling off the healer. so is the next, and the next, and the next and every other pull too. At the pull just before the first boss its the same again, but this time I get a whisper from the healer saying "thanks". Its nice when people appreciate my work, I thank him back for his awesome heals (theres points where I have 4 or 5 enemies on me at once, I couldn't keep a dps up through that on a 55 HM pre 3.0 with a sorc, so keeping a dps alive in 60 HM post 3.0 with a merc is incredible).

At the first boss I ask for kill order as I have never done it on hm. The tank tells me to kill rancor first and take adds (I don't remember adds on the first fight in tfp, but hell this is HM, the fights are bound to be stepped up). We do the fight, me keeping an eye out for the adds, moving when the bloke sticks fire under me (except when stun break is on CD) etc. We complete the fight without a sinlge add turning up. I assume the tank had it wrong. The tank then chides the whole group;

tank: "when you lot have aggro stand still, dont run round like a headless chicken"

me: "nobody has been kiting"

tank: "I know but im just saying"

me: "so you know nobody is doing it wrong but your still going to tell us not to?"

tank: "just stand still when you get aggro so I can pull off you"

healer: "lol"

tank: "what?"

healer: *whisper to me* "have you ever seen him grab aggro off you or me?"

me: *whispering back* "no"

me: "we all are standing still, nobody is doing anything wrong" (I decide not to point out the healer takes aggro on every single pull due to pathetic tanking) "whats the problem?"

tank: "ffs, just forget I said anything"

We carry on, every single trash pull going just like the previous ones, me ripping off the healer and the healer giving a masterclass on merc healing to anybody who is watching, while the tank gives a great demonstration of how not to tank.

At the smashing the 4 crates the sorc dps and healer decide they want to start cc'ing (I cant blame them with this tank). At every pull they stop and mark 2 enemies. Then we wait for the tank to jump in (I always prefer to cc after the tank has pulled so I don't get aggro from pulling first). However the tank just stands there and says "go on then, cc". I start to explain he should pull then we cc (unless its stealth ofc) but don't get a chance to finish.

2 targets in every single pull are marked before we start, these are the sorc and merc's separate cc marks. Every single time, after the cc's are marked and cast and all the un-cc'd enemies run at the healer and sorc the tank leaps to 1 of the cc'd enemies, then runs over to the second and tunnel-visions it. It then turns back into me peeling off the healer while the tank breaks 2 cc's and tunnel visions 1 of them. This happens on 2 pulls before the merc questions it;

healer: "why are you breaking cc"

tank: "I attack the targets you marked"

me: "they are marked for cc"

tank: "dumb noob, you mark the enemies you want to kill first"

healer: "no, the marks are ones we are going to cc"

tank: "oh ok, your doing it all backwards, we will do it like that then"

Next pull the tank breaks both cc then tunnel visions, and on the following 1,and the 1 after that. The sorc and merc decide to give up cc'ing.

We get to the second boss and the tank tells us (rudely) not to aoe until after he has done smash. I do as he asks, so does the sorc, as the tank jumps in I start single target dps on 1 enemy, deciding that by the time it is dead the tank will have aggro and I can knock everything down with an OS.

Then I notice who the tank jumped at, the boss. He then tunnel visions the boss who is invincible in the air while all 12 adds come at us 3. Me and the sorc have it covered, we all stack up, I pop OS where we are stood, the sorc does force storm and once my OS is cast I spam supressive fire. All the while the healer is healing through the red circles and writing in chat to the tank, asking him to get adds first. We kill the adds, attack the boss for a while, when the next adds come its rinse and repeat. The healer asks the tank about it afterwards;

healer: "you do know the boss is invincible until the adds are dead"

tank: "adds are the dps's job, I am building up an aggro cushion"

me: "you need to pick up some adds too"

tank: "who died exactly? whats the problem"

healer: "yeah we got through it, but you had nothing to do with that, it was because all the adds couldn't attack due to knockdown from OS and killed by force storm before they can get back up."

tank: "whatever noobs"

We fight through to the last boss, trash going exactly the same as before and nobody bothering to cc.

At the final boss I ask about kill order. The tank tells me to burn arkous first, then pulls. I start shooting arkous, the other boss goes for the healer so I switch. The tank writes in chat to shoot arkous. I switch back. The sorc and healer are both attacking the trooper guy, with me and the tank on arkous (and often ripping aggro through this tank). The the healer speaks up;

healer: "sniper"

me: "yes?"

healer: "shoot trooper"

me: *switches to trooper* "sorry, tank said arkous first"

healer: "he has it wrong"

me: "oh, sorry, but if someone has given be bad instructions please tell me before we pull"

tank: "lol bad instructions? you 3 clearly don't know the fight"

me: "yeah, I don't, hence why I asked"

We complete the fight and before I click the console I quickly check achievements as I am abit curious....This is the tanks first run of rattaka ever (not even on tfp). Turns out I was taking advice on the fights from somebody who knows less than me lol. We finish up, I add the healer to friends and zone out.

Edited by BobFredJohn