1.3 Character specific legacy perks

Iwipe

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly what I thought and worst you have to get it for every character.

That was my thought, as well. The benefit for a single character just isn't worth it, especially if you've got at least one character who's capable of churning out companion gifts cheaply.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

I really don't understand the need to make legacy "perks" character based instead of account based. The arguement stated by bioware (and i forget where I seen this) was its cheaper to buy per character than account wide due to obvious reasons of being on multiple characters. Here is my problem with this..

1.) If I want to buy a legacy "perk" that boosts exp, companion affection gains, travel, and crafting, 99% of the time I will want that for every single character on my account. Yes, even on my current level 50's.

2.) If you want to keep it to specific character unlocks, fine.. but please give an option for an account wide unlock and we can decide if we want to pony up the extra credits. Hell, make it more expensive than if you unlocked it for every character slot available on the server even if you have yet to create that many characters. I'm sure players will opt in still for an account wide unlock.

As for a side note on legacy unlocks..

A.) I remember reading somewhere, again I cant point to it atm, that the warzone training dummy did not accurately reflect stats of a geared or semi geared player. IE I would imagine it having a certain amount of pvp stat and defense up to par with players. Is it possible for us to get a reply on a more detailed description on the training dummies? Maybe even the ability to inspect the dummy so we can see stats for better understanding of our potential.

B.) I'm sure this is in the works in one form or another.. but faster speeders or perhaps equivalent unlocks via legacy purchasing would be awesome someday.

That was my thought, as well. The benefit for a single character just isn't worth it, especially if you've got at least one character who's capable of churning out companion gifts cheaply.

And since 50% of characters likely have Underworld Trading, the majority of people with Legacy Level 20 - required for the highest advancement on the affection "perks" - can get gifts no problem.

I was sadden by the fact you get a 3% augment benefit for what I think was 250K. Seem pointless. As for the companion gift, they too seem pointless as you could use the price to buy enough gifts to level your companions.

I’m also not a fan of the legacy level with the xp bonus as it won’t do me any good till after I’ve level another char or two, unless I choose to grind legacy on my 50 which sort of kills the point of the system.

I do like the legacy vehicle early unlock, well rank one, and will probably buy that.

Edited by SithEmpress

I really don't understand the need to make legacy "perks" character based instead of account based. The arguement stated by bioware (and i forget where I seen this) was its cheaper to buy per character than account wide due to obvious reasons of being on multiple characters. Here is my problem with this..

1.) If I want to buy a legacy "perk" that boosts exp, companion affection gains, travel, and crafting, 99% of the time I will want that for every single character on my account. Yes, even on my current level 50's.

Well, I disagree a bit with this. I've got a couple of characters that I'm really enjoying leveling the traditional way, and some others where I'm really just leveling them up through warzones. I can see the advantage to having this as a character perk.

With that said, I don't plan to actually purchase any of these in the immediate future for the simple reason that I don't think there's any way to disable the increased XP gain. What if, for example, I get to a point in the game where I actually want to slow down a little and smell the roses? I don't want to be in the position where I have to stop doing the warzones I love just because I don't want to outlevel the content I'm doing.

But that's just me. I think these will be very attractive perks for a lot of people.

The legacy requirement for the crafting perk(s) is WAY out of line.

Particularly because crafting doesn't reward any legacy XP. They either need to reduce the legacy requirements to those perks or (ideally) add legacy XP from crafting. "Dedicated" crafters are going to have a hard time getting crafting perks. Makes no sense.

'Course, one could argue they'd have to retroactively add the xp somehow. (good luck with that)

Given how long it takes for Corellia to load on my computer, I would purchase it just so I get 1 loading screen instead of two.

Exactly! I HATE zoning into the late game planets - do you happen to know what's the cooldown on these travels?

Very true, currently that one is a self-defeating perk.

Sadly I have to agree, the only way I might consider getting it would be if it was Legacy wide - and even then, as it currently stands I have very little to benefit from this anyway until they give us extra character slots.

I'll definitely be buying the Rank 1 Speeder Piloting for all my alts. Rank 2 and 3 is a bit expensive so I'll probably pass on those.

I wish those got unlocked by default when you reach level giving you speeder anyway. Or all those perks to get their cost decreased according to profit they give you. So faster exp won't cost same character that is already lvl 40 as character lvl10. Thing is, while I'm completionist and would like to see(at least on my main) all candles light up, it'll be hard for me to justify spending few millions for this, where there is no profit at all other than lighting it up.

I wish those got unlocked by default when you reach level giving you speeder anyway. Or all those perks to get their cost decreased according to profit they give you. So faster exp won't cost same character that is already lvl 40 as character lvl10. Thing is, while I'm completionist and would like to see(at least on my main) all candles light up, it'll be hard for me to justify spending few millions for this, where there is no profit at all other than lighting it up.

Hey, at least once they raise the level cap your main will be ready for it ;)

My overall feel on looking at this is the costs are too high for single character unlocks. I am also disappointed that the crafting unlock appears to be for augments only as I was hoping for general mission crits so it would help with getting the crit missions to find new schematics.

My overall feel on looking at this is the costs are too high for single character unlocks. I am also disappointed that the crafting unlock appears to be for augments only as I was hoping for general mission crits so it would help with getting the crit missions to find new schematics.

Agree, currently there are at least half of the perks im not planning to ever take because the cost is not worth the gain.

Given how long it takes for Corellia to load on my computer, I would purchase it just so I get 1 loading screen instead of two.

Ditto, but only on my main which tends to run Dailies a couple times a week. For my other chars who "usually" make it to black hole once a week it's not worth the $200k IMO.

I have a question about the crafting perk, does it work on the droid?

I'm always nervous when they say companions cause the ship droid never feels like a companion when people talk about companions but he technically is.

It's a minor paranoia, but I would like to know none the less as a 13% crit chance on cybertech is kinda nice when all is said and done.

Everything looks good to me, though I'm a bit disappointed in the portable respec: I was hoping that was going to act as a stopgap until we got dual specs, but if you have to pay the normal price too, then it falls short. It's not a huge deal, but as a PvE tank, I'm sort of screwed in everything but Huttball.

heres my 1st impression of the perks. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! why do i have to buy them on each and every one of my charecters money dosent just fall from trees and those small perks add up fast there is no reasonable response you can possibly have to justify making us have to buy them on every charecter. those of us with many charecters are actually being restricted as to how we wanna level them because of that fact. I belive the idea behind legacy was to allow us to maintain, use, and build charecters off the success of the ones we already had this seems anti progressive in that reguard.

The quick travel to Outlaw's Den is nice, but 9h cooldown? What's the point of that? It should have a 30 minute cooldown.

It'd be nice if the Field Respecialization perk gave you a discount on the cost...or just had a cooldown and made it free (even if it cost more initially). As it is, I won't even consider wasting 200K on it.