Codex system be continue fixed in next patchs?- please post any news!

EnmaAii

Hi Tait Watson!! i and many other who like lore, exploration,

want know codex system in game be continue fixed in next patchs?

we have ~ 311 bugged codex entries (not achievment)

expl

Bestiary

- Akk Dog, - Gundark, - Kath Hound,

Organizations

- The White Maw Pirates, - Chiss Acendancy

Species -Gen’Dai, -Gormak, -Houk

here full list- its can help

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=654989

please answer something about your plans...

Edited by TaitWatson

Hi EnmaAii!

I'm glad you brought this up, because this is a good chance to let everyone know that as part of my position, I will be spearheading an effort to make sure Achievement/Codex fixes get implemented as often as they can be. A system for this was already in place when I started, but I am "taking it under my wing," so to speak, to make sure that it is as effective and useful as possible.

That said, I can't promise that it will be a quick process, but I will be speaking with the dev teams on a very regular basis regarding the ongoing problems with these systems and their status.

Many community members have made excellent lists and threads regarding these, and I will be making sure I use these and every resource possible to make sure nothing is overlooked and everything makes "Tait's Codex of Codex and Achievement bugs."

Thank you all for reporting these issues (and continue to do so!), as they are extremely helpful in ensuring that we get everything brought to the right people's attention.

- tait

Hi EnmaAii!

I'm glad you brought this up, because this is a good chance to let everyone know that as part of my position, I will be spearheading an effort to make sure Achievement/Codex fixes get implemented as often as they can be. A system for this was already in place when I started, but I am "taking it under my wing," so to speak, to make sure that it is as effective and useful as possible.

That said, I can't promise that it will be a quick process, but I will be speaking with the dev teams on a very regular basis regarding the ongoing problems with these systems and their status.

Many community members have made excellent lists and threads regarding these, and I will be making sure I use these and every resource possible to make sure nothing is overlooked and everything makes "Tait's Codex of Codex and Achievement bugs."

Thank you all for reporting these issues (and continue to do so!), as they are extremely helpful in ensuring that we get everything brought to the right people's attention.

- tait

And please please I beg you take a look at some achievement in locations, the pvp ones! Is impossible to kill 2ķ of player on cz or 1k on hoth! There arw many of those and expecially in pve server and no cross faction zone where to quest is impossible to kill such amount of people. And there is no reward so no one have it. Reduce numbers is an easy fix! I would like to have 100%on some planets but is impossible right now!

I beg you take a look

Edited by Elminster_cs

I hope your attention is still on this thread. While I believe it admirable that the codex system will be worked on in the future I believe we can all agree that it is a bit outdated when compared to other aspects of the game. Legacy, Crew Skills, Guilds and the Codex are all relics of the past. Each of which need revamps. I hope one day the devs will have a dialogue with the player base regarding how to rework each because just cramming more things in each one only adds to the problem. The game has made a lot of huge strides, but for the game to have a quality feel to it it needs to clean up the mess.

The Codex system is a hallmark Bioware concept, but this game needs to have it better implemented. No more one liner Epic achievements or any sparse details. The codex should serve as the database for events, characters, locations and much more in the game. In Mass Effect it was implemented to perfection. In Dragon Age it was very heavy in content and while intimidating at first it was so informative. For this game though the codex entries are so sparse in details for much of them. Revamping the codex so it is functions more as an encyclopedia instead of a collection of tidbits would be nice. Defeating Warlord Kephess should have a codex entry detailing him. Not saying I beat him. That's what the newer better implemented achievements are for.

Legacy needs to look more visually appealing. An RP tab for family trees, bios and other RP features. Perks tab that has toggles for xp boosts. Multi spec functionality. All that stuff in the character perks just needs to be dressed in a more appealing way and not be as wasteful in credits like some are.

Crew skills needs to be revamped from the ground up so that they become easier to dive into and harder to master. Changing the look of the actual interface so that we have trees connecting all the different versions of the same piece of gear. Instead of having a long laundry list of craftable items it should be sorted under a base item and expand from there. Finding practical uses for each crew skill at end game would also be good. Not pigeonholing half of them to crafting augment kits. The rise of adaptive gear and the cartel market in general has marginalized much of the crew skills value.

Finally Guilds need true functionality so we aren't forced to use third party sites. A calender, guild mail, instanced guild hall, guild specific vendors and a way to look up all open to join guilds by just talking to the registrar. Make guilds appealing to players and rewarding for those who really invest in it.

Thanks for your time and sorry for potentially derailing the main point of this thread.

Hi EnmaAii!

- tait

Great news, I love the Codex and always read and seek most if not all entries in every BioWare game and it's a shame it has been so bugged and incomplete for 2 years since release. I wish you luck in your quest.

many codex entries possible simple fix :)

for example

Locations (7 bugged)

1. cdx.test.damion.awesomeness - BOTH FACTIONS

2. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.faathras_palace - EMPIRE ONLY

3. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.test.tus_64773 - EMPIRE ONLY

4. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.test.tus_64773_prev - EMPIRE ONLY

5. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.tus_64773_prev - BOTH FACTIONS

6. cdx.test.test.more - BOTH FACTIONS

this 1-6 seems test entries - can simple delete it from game

7. CZ-198 - need place clickable object in cz-198 for this,

or auto grant this codex for all, who landing on cz-198

---------------------------------------------------------------

5 bestiary on Dromund kaas

-Yozusk

-Gundark

-Sleen

-Jurgoran

-Vine Cat

all good work for imperial players BUT all marked - both faction

so for republic players- all 5 unobtainable

simple mark this 5 - empire only

-----------------------------------------------------------------

169 epic enemies in flashpoints and operations

(.... Operator IX (Story)

Survived Operator IX (Story)

Operator IX (Hard)

Survived Operator IX (Hard)

Operator IX (Nightmare)

Survived Operator IX (Nightmare)

Kephess the Undying (Story)

Survived Kephess the Undying (Story)

Kephess the Undying (Hard) ..... )

all good work until 2.0

but after 2.0 all bugged

need simple restore it - or if you not want restore transfer to "lost knowledge" category

Edited by EnmaAii

And please please I beg you take a look at some achievement in locations, the pvp ones! Is impossible to kill 2ķ of player on cz or 1k on hoth! There arw many of those and expecially in pve server and no cross faction zone where to quest is impossible to kill such amount of people. And there is no reward so no one have it. Reduce numbers is an easy fix! I would like to have 100%on some planets but is impossible right now!

I beg you take a look

I second this. In some cases the numbers are WAY WAY too high.

Hi EnmaAii!

- tait

This is awesome, Tait, thank you very much. I'm not sure if it counts as "excellent", but my contribution to achievement bug lists can be found here! :)

For me personally, my top 2 are:

1) Beastmaster. We are so close - just the Kath Hound on Ilum is left.

2) Things that blow themselves up. This includes Rogue Cartel Warbot (Quesh WB), Rakghoul Behemoth (Kaon FP) and Jindro Kray (False Emperor FP). If you don't burn them down quickly enough, they blow themselves up and you don't get credit (e.g. Warbot blows itself up, Rakghoul gets blown up by the explosive barrel, Jindo gets shot by the ship).

Fixes for these would be wonderful :) And you're right, the devs have already been doing some great work on this, so I don't want to ignore that. Loremaster fixes were greatly appreciated and Beastmaster is almost over the finish line.