Is Ashara Zavros affection gained bugged ????

iBouncer

The only way she gets affection from me is by military and republic gifts...... she doesnt gain anything from luxury or even courting ...... and I thought she was our romanceable isnt she ?

Also, im going all Dark side, and as it says in the codex she doesn't like evil / harming etc etc, yet when I choose dark side options or something evil she doesnt gain or lose any affection

I even choose a lightside option just to test it out and nothing

Can Anyone confirm or provide information if Asharas affection system is bugged or if something is wrong?

Naw man I only think the part that is bugged is when u get 10000 affection points for her. She doesn't like random evil. Like u chose to kill them even tho they posed no threat to u what so ever.

I thought the same thing when I was giving her gifts but just keep doing it she really opens up later.

Naw man I only think the part that is bugged is when u get 10000 affection points for her. She doesn't like random evil. Like u chose to kill them even tho they posed no threat to u what so ever.

I thought the same thing when I was giving her gifts but just keep doing it she really opens up later.

so it doesnt matter if im going all dark side? I can still romance her and gain affection ?

how should i get her affection up , just doing rep gifts / weapons, cuz thats the only thing ive seen that does it ><

I've found that the trick to gaining affection from her is to choose who you will and will not kill. There are many points in the game when you're given the option to work with someone for mutual benefit or to let someone who can't possibly hurt you live. Its usually a light side choice, and there's always the dark side option to kill them even though you gain nothing by it. If you choose the light side on those choices, you get affection from her.

She doesn't seem to mind killing, as long as there's a purpose behind it. If it benefits you or it benefits the Empire, by all means, show them the pointy end of your light saber, you'll probably still get affection from her. However, killing for the sake of being an evil bastard doesn't work with her like it would for Khem.

So that's the way I've been playing and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I was during the first half of the game when I chose the dark choice every time. It gives the whole thing a more balanced feel. Now it feels like I'm playing a character that is willing to drown the babies, **** the horses and ride off on the women, but chooses when to do so. The only downside to that is that I'll probably never max out my dark side and won't have access to some of the gear that the dark side vendor sells. And I'm ok with that because there's better stuff available.

Plus, the people you let go usually send you some credits in the mail later. I like money.

eta: I can't believe they blank out the word **** on this forum. Its not even swearing.

Edited by xdoctor

OP - where are you questing with her (and what level are you)?

When you first get her on Taris, if you start using her there, you won't get any affection from quest decisions - on Quesh I found rare chances for affection but pretty much the same. I am on Hoth now and she's starting to care a little more about how I respond. Don't give her courting gifts until you get to the romance option, which I have heard is around 3k affection.

Other thing I read in these forums - if you're worried about dark-side points, go ahead and take the dark choices in quests, losing a few points, then run a flashpoint, like solo-ing BT, to gain some good affection. Haven't tried it myself, but others have mentioned it working.

Ashara gave me almost nothing in conversations (good or bad) until Belsavis. Starting at Belsavis I gained a ton of affection with her - many conversations would have multiple +40s in therm.

I got the impressions she was "sulking" until chapter 3 starts, but it could have been another trigger.

This is as a LS female who hit 10k affection with her shortly after Voss, so 8k in 2 planets.

I submitted a ticket about it with no reply other than the generic "We'll forward this to the dev team"

It is bugged. I got Talos after Ashara and I've been able to skyrocket his affection with gifts. Ashara it's 24 "That's quite nice" no matter what you do short of giving purples.