I've never seen a greater sense of entitlement

robbiticus

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only time i hear about quitting or bluffing is on these forums until i hear it from my guild or people i know in game then i will start to worry about the state of this game

as it stands right now i love playing this game so deal with it everyone whining about a customization patch that doesn't force you to spend money

I disagree. Guess what happens when you complain to the cable company or your water/power provider? Nothing. Maybe you should all learn a lesson here: complaining and whining is not always the appropriate solution. And for once look at it from their point of view, they are in it to make money, regardless of you may want/need. I think they've given the F2P plenty. In addition, I think they are making every effort to make the existing game as good as they can for everyone. AND, they keep addressing al of your complaints. So, again, if you're still not happy after, almost, a year and a half, go play GW2. And I played that game, and it stunk.

I disagree. Guess what happens when you complain to the cable company or your water/power provider? Nothing. Maybe you should all learn a lesson here: complaining and whining is not always the appropriate solution. And for once look at it from their point of view, they are in it to make money, regardless of you may want/need. I think they've given the F2P plenty. In addition, I think they are making every effort to make the existing game as good as they can for everyone. AND, they keep addressing al of your complaints. So, again, if you're still not happy after, almost, a year and a half, go play GW2. And I played that game, and it stunk.

It does suck.

Why did everyone expect NCsoft to make a great game after they shut down CoX? Clearly they don't want to make great games, they want to make terrible games to sell in Korea.

perhaps a sense of entitlement is warranted. Lets consider WoW since that is what most ppl are familiar with. In WoW, you pay a monthly subscription, and get "fluff" such as haircuts and hair color, and even change the look of your armor in exchange for ingame money. very cheap too i might add. ALL gear is obtainable ingame via dungeons and quests.

in SWtOR, i pay for a subscription, and get charged AGAIN to change my toon's hair or color of his armor. Most of the good looking gear costs real money.

you can't say subscribers get 500 coins for "free", we still paid for our subscription ergo the coins are still paid for. and lets be honest, you can't really play this game seriously without a sub.

You do know what an "entitlement" is, right? It is something to which you are...entitled. If you're entitled to something, you should have a sense of entitlement because... well, I hope you get the point. Whether or not players actually are entitled to something or not is open to debate. But you talk about a sense of entitlement like it's a bad thing in of itself. "Stop acting so entitled" is just another variant on "because I said so" or "deal with it" or any of the other phrases like that often get thrown around. At the end of the day "shut up," which is what those things amount to, is not an argument; it doesn't make a point of any kind.

Let me start over, I did not mean to flame everyone.

I like the game. I do not NEED more. If it is not there, I will not complain about it. I simply do not have space or time in life for such trivial complaints.

I guess I would just suggest that if this game does not please you, move on. If it bothers you that much, it is not worth all of the whining and complaining. It is only a game.

That is all.

I'm am sorry you are ok with being played for a sucker OP...

I WAS (until this evening) a subscriber...and I have no problem with buying things from the cartel store if I want them...but I will not be charged to GAMBLE that I can get a color I want and utilize a much touted new game feature.

I feel I have already payed to play the game..and the the cartel market's stated purpose is to provide cosmetic and convenience items for the player should they be so inclined...Gambling packs is not convenient...it is a rip off. They should have just sold us dyes..not given us the finger and tried to pull a fast one.

perhaps a sense of entitlement is warranted. Lets consider WoW since that is what most ppl are familiar with. In WoW, you pay a monthly subscription, and get "fluff" such as haircuts and hair color, and even change the look of your armor in exchange for ingame money. very cheap too i might add. ALL gear is obtainable ingame via dungeons and quests.

in SWtOR, i pay for a subscription, and get charged AGAIN to change my toon's hair or color of his armor. Most of the good looking gear costs real money.

you can't say subscribers get 500 coins for "free", we still paid for our subscription ergo the coins are still paid for. and lets be honest, you can't really play this game seriously without a sub.

^ this. Beautifully explained.

perhaps a sense of entitlement is warranted. Lets consider WoW since that is what most ppl are familiar with. In WoW, you pay a monthly subscription, and get "fluff" such as haircuts and hair color, and even change the look of your armor in exchange for ingame money. very cheap too i might add.

What if I want to change my face and skin color in WoW? That'll be $15 please! Ok, what if I JUST want to change my skin color, the face is ok. $15 please! Ah....

It annoys me. Go play another game if this one does not please you.

That is all.

And this....is exactly what you do not do.

Do this game a favor, will you? Learn to live with the complaints. You may not care if this game survives and thrives but I do. So I would thank you to keep that opinion to yourself.

Let's reality check that... in WoW, you get all those things for the price of your subscription, $15 per month.

In SWTOR you get.... all of those things for the price of your subscription, $15 per month, with the caveat that you have to decide how you want to spend the cartel coins that come with that subscription.

Is it *as good as* WoW where it's basically unlimited if you have the gold to do the barber shop? Well, yes and no.

In WoW it costs $25 to change your race. There are additional cash fees to change certain appearance items. If you want to do those things, you MUST spend additional money. There is no alternative. There are also no dye packs, at least at the last time I played.

In SWTOR, you can do those things without spending any additional money, provided you've saved up or wait to save up enough cartel coins from your monthly allowance. Plus you have the option to spend money (like you have to in WoW, but less money actually) if you want those things NOW and don't want to wait.

Does THAT even it out with WoW? I dunno, maybe. Close enough for me.

On second thought, yes, they're different games. They are implemented differently. They have different features and price points. But, overall, SWTOR actually forces LESS money from your pocket to change ALL of your appearance than does WoW.

Edited by DarthTHC

What if I want to change my face and skin color in WoW? That'll be $15 please! Ok, what if I JUST want to change my skin color, the face is ok. $15 please! Ah....

there is no option to change face or skin color, you would have to do a race change, and i would agree that something as dramatic as a race change should cost more.

but if WoW did add the ability to change skin color or facial structure, i'm pretty sure they wouldn't charge rl money for it.