Huttball sucks.

TheDecibelle

Originally Posted by TheDecibelle

Make a queue that doesn't have Huttball.

It's annoying.

(I mean, come on. Does anyone actually enjoy that?)

I'm tempted to leave it there, but let's just make a thread on why I find it annoying.

Often, despite the glowing bar shooting into the sky, it's hard to find the ball. It's even harder to pass it. Then, combine a low ping, and it becomes close to unplayable.

The map is, also, completely confusing.

And the voiceover is irritating too.

Honestly, it simply ends up becoming a simple brawl around the ball. That's actually rather fun; it's the addition of the Huttball, over killing each other, that's annoying.

Edited by TheDecibelle

Originally Posted by TheDecibelle

Make a queue that doesn't have Huttball.

It's annoying.

(I mean, come on. Does anyone actually enjoy that?)

I'm tempted to leave it there, but let's just make a thread on why I find it annoying.

Often, despite the glowing bar shooting into the sky, it's hard to find the ball. It's even harder to pass it. Then, combine a low ping, and it becomes close to unplayable.

The map is, also, completely confusing.

And the voiceover is irritating too.

Honestly, it simply ends up becoming a simple brawl around the ball. That's actually rather fun; it's the addition of the Huttball, over killing each other, that's annoying.

It is the warzone where skill disparity is at its utmost. A good organized 4 man group can blitz the zone in 2 minutes to a very quick victory, therefore it becomes the easiest way to farm commendations.

How do you stand it? I love the insane fights it has; they feel completely cramped. Especially with AoE, or stunning people over the flaming grates.

It's the gameplay of Huttball that annoys me; with lag, it's honestly unplayable. And the map.

If those were fixed, I'd love it a hell of a lot more, I think.

i've had the most fun with huttball. the other warzones have, in my experience, been extremely glitchy and messy, which is the primary factor in my favoring huttball.

it definitely has something going for it, though- so far, this is the best designed map for a battleground that i've ever seen in an MMO. it doesn't involve the tedium of constant travel because it's a small map, but it has lots of barriers to travel and multiple paths that are all valid choices.

and the commentary was pretty entertaining. i actually lol'd at the "tell them whoever wins may eat my translator!" "...feast on victory!"

I just have a problem with class balance on this map.

The classes with a charge ability have a distinct advantage being the only ones that can change their vertical position on the map at their own will. There are the air vents but they're too random to be of any real use.

Yeah, yeah, "LOL YOU JUST SUXORZ. THE GAEM HAS ONLY BEEN OUT FOR THREE DAYS, ETC"

These are just my preliminary observations, everything else seems balanced toward teamwork rather than a pug which is how any warzone should be.

Teamwork>Zerg

It's fun but frustrating. Biggest downfall I seen in Huttball is the actual people playing it, not the map itself.

Everyone wants to run around the outside and try and walk the ball to the oppositions base only to dead end and get rocked. Every game I play, half of my team runs around clueless not even realizing at the very least just go where the TEAM is and FIGHT. lol.

How do you stand it? I love the insane fights it has; they feel completely cramped. Especially with AoE, or stunning people over the flaming grates.

It's the gameplay of Huttball that annoys me; with lag, it's honestly unplayable. And the map.

If those were fixed, I'd love it a hell of a lot more, I think.

Don't backtrack. You are right, huttball does indeed suck. Can't wait for open world pvp

The problem I have with Huttball is player related.

Why do people not understand the rules? There's a voice over AND text which explain it.

9 times out of 10 these things happen.

The opposing team gets the ball, my team start attacking everyone around the ball holder and stay there fighting while the ball carrier wonders off and scores.

No one backs up their team. I've got the ball several times only to me left on my own by my team who have sodded off to gank a single guy. I then get ganked.

People rarely throw the ball. I know it can be hard at times to find a good throw, that's fine and it's usually obvious that was the case, but I've seen people with low health surrounded by people with full health and still not pass. As a result they die and we lose.

No one defends, they're too busy killing.

Rarely any healers heal the ball carrier.

And on the odd occasion, I've passed someone the ball, and they just stood there. Obviously in amazement that they now glowing pretty lights coming out of their head.

There's also the fact that Bolstering is pointless. Level 13 vs level 23 will more often than not have the same outcome. I prefer a Tier system like WAR had tbh.