My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

Slowpokeking

The writing is decent, the plot is quite similar to Lost Sun beside the family issue-destroy a super weapon, and this time the superweapon is put on use, so it's also a bit like KJA's works. An agent destroyed a superweapon from within.

Darth Gravus was killed by Karrid because most of the council prefer him to take the seat after the death of Darth Hadra, and he ordered his troops to attack her when she tried to take the "trophy" of victory from him. That's not the Darth Gravus I remember in the game.

I think the romance of Satele Shan was poor written just like in ToP. We saw several flashbacks but it's still a bit vague and not interesting. The family issue is a bit better. But I think Satele Shan and Jace's dialog and action in the later part of the book is not like the Grand Master of the Order and the Supreme Commander of the Republic, it's like some ordinary family's parents. Especially there is no need for Satele Shan to go with him in the battle.

Karrid's characterization is ok, typical young ambitious sith, nothing new. Not enough as the antagonist.

Darth Marr is the one who tried to hold the council together, as well as make some change like Maglus pointed out but looks like it's not working well. Darth Mortis is more stubborn than I thought, he didn't want to accept Karrid because of her race while he supported Karrid after Gravus' death.

OK seriously CAN WE HAVE A VICTORY FOR THE EMPIRE SIDE? We already saw so many victories of the Republic and the novel pointed it out several times. This is not like other era, it's a MMO which players could choose sides and there are more Empire players than the Republic, and there are 1400 years of blanks so no hurry to end this war so soon.

Edited by Slowpokeking

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh since the council is QQ about karrid its most likely that the SI is human or pureblood. =_= dammit bioware >______> had to be generic..... I will get over it.

Onto the plot well I think the novel is more geared to the republic personally I am just waiting until the empire strikes back. I don't think it will happen anytime soon since the new lead writer for the game used to be a writer for the jedi knight and smuggler class.

Edited by lokdron

Incredibly lame. It looks like our characters are the Ahsokas of the era. Seemingly important characters that accomplished many things yet completely irrelevant and never mentioned directly by anyone, anywhere. No wonder BW has no plans to continue the story in this game anymore, it's done already.

But the Sith didn't rule the Galaxy then, they just went to war for 1,000 years before getting killed in the Seventh Battle of Ruusan. Unless I missed something.

You are correct.

As much as would REALLY LOVE to I feel that it is a bad idea to read to much into one line, even if it is very odd.

You are correct.

As much as would REALLY LOVE to I feel that it is a bad idea to read to much into one line, even if it is very odd.

No, his wrong. Lucas explained this already. The quote refers to when Darth Ruin the first sith lord and his empire rose up against the jedi and took control of the galaxy for a long period of time.

Edited by Girdeux

You can see it in the movie.

Yes you can, its never referenced in the movie what it is. It could be a depiction of any battle between Ruins empire and the jedi. Fans of the Pre-PT EU need to understand pretty much all the events in the books never happen according to the movie continuity.

Any sort of quote from the movies sure as hell doesnt reference anything to the EU.

Edited by Girdeux

Yes you can, its never referenced in the movie what it is. It could be a depiction of any battle between Ruins empire and the jedi. Fans of the Pre-PT EU need to understand pretty much all the events in the books never happen according to the movie continuity.

Any sort of quote from the movies sure as hell doesnt reference anything to the EU.

The novel only showed Darth Maul thought the Sith came around 2000 years, it's not their entire history.

The novel only showed Darth Maul thought the Sith came around 2000 years, it's not their entire history.

You need to reread the novel then. Its clearly stated Ruin is the first sith lord. And Lucas notes about him are canon above anything else anyway

You need to reread the novel then. Its clearly stated Ruin is the first sith lord. And Lucas notes about him are canon above anything else anyway

No, Darth Ruin's name was not in the novel, it only said about some unnamed Jedi and later the EU set his name as Darth Ruin, also that's Maul's own thoughts.

No, Darth Ruin's name was not in the novel, it only said about some unnamed Jedi and later the EU set his name as Darth Ruin, also that's Maul's own thoughts.

Yes. The first sith lord appeared 2000 years before the movies. Thats all there is to know about the History of the SIth in the movies.

Yes. The first sith lord appeared 2000 years before the movies. Thats all there is to know about the History of the SIth in the movies.

Again that's just Darth Sidious' own thoughts of their order, and the Sith before them got no direct relation with Bane's order. Even in the The Visual Dictionary of the RotS movie said about that stuff is Great Hyperspace War.

Again that's just Darth Sidious' own thoughts of their order, and the Sith before them got no direct relation with Bane's order. Even in the The Visual Dictionary of the RotS movie said about that stuff is Great Hyperspace War.

"The character of Darth Ruin was created by George Lucas as part of the backstory for the prequel trilogy. In Lucas's notes, Ruin is an unnamed Jedi Knight who fell to the dark side with fifty followers 2,000 years prior to the film saga, founding the Sith."

From LUCAS himself stating the first sith lord:

Edited by Girdeux

"The character of Darth Ruin was created by George Lucas as part of the backstory for the prequel trilogy. In Lucas's notes, Ruin is an unnamed Jedi Knight who fell to the dark side with fifty followers 2,000 years prior to the film saga, founding the Sith."

From LUCAS himself stating the first sith lord:

In this video he said the Sith were created by a unnamed knight, not saying he was Ruin or his time was 2000 years ago. That does not conflict with Ajunta Pall's background.