I emplore you Bioware, please let us dye the Lore outfits.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The variety increases exponentially the more things can be customized.

Artificially limiting that variety by restricting the amount of colors and the items that can be recolored makes no sense if you are going to allow the recoloring in the first place.

Well, to shift the focus a bit, since lore armor is not dyable, and probably never will be, there are two choices: deal with it or complain impotently about it.

Adding my voice to the overwhelming consensus here. Let us dye lore sets. And let us dye under-15 orange gear. I can't think of any sound reasons for these restrictions.

Just because you can't think of a reason doesn't mean there isn't one.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Well, to shift the focus a bit, since lore armor is not dyable, and probably never will be, there are two choices: deal with it or complain impotently about it.

If everyone had this attitude, nothing would EVER change. Just because you don't care enough to express your displeasure, doesn't mean others don't have a right to.

I for one, wholeheartedly support this idea, as several times I have been previewing possible new armor with dyes only to discover that the ones I want couldn't be dyed due to the lore restriction.

Given that I almost never see anyone using lore armor(with many saying that lack of dyes are the reason they personally don't), I can only conclude that the inclusion of non-dyable armor in the first place is a complete waste of development resources. Also by extension, a waste of our money.

• Dev Post

I come to this thread with some interesting news! Today I learned of a fun, new thing we are adding in Game Update 2.4... the ability to dye lore outfits!

Very handy that this thread was still active in GD so I could deliver this news :)

-eric

I come to this thread with some interesting news! Today I learned of a fun, new thing we are adding in Game Update 2.4... the ability to dye lore outfits!

Very handy that this thread was still active in GD so I could deliver this news :)

-eric

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

That is great news!!

i come to this thread with some interesting news! Today i learned of a fun, new thing we are adding in game update 2.4... The ability to dye lore outfits!

Very handy that this thread was still active in gd so i could deliver this news :)

-eric

yessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halllllelujah!!!!!!!!

-eric

YES!!!!!!!!

A very good decision!!

and even more awesome!!!

-eric

Wonderful news!

What about level 15 and lower outfits, crafted (Aspiring Knight's Vest, etc.), quest reward (Battleborn Chestguard, Battle Expulsor's Chestguard, etc.), armor from the CE and Security Key Vendors and others that currently don't have dye slots? These have some of the best appearances in the game but don't have a dye slot (but the dyes look just fine on them in the preview, so it shouldn't be a problem to unlock the dye slot on those). Will we be able to dye those as well?

Edited by Glzmo

-eric

Glad that you guys some times still listen to us. Sure, would be nice if that would happen a little more often and a little faster...

-eric

More awesomesauce. There goes another 200 bucks from my bank account lol.

This is great news.

Mr Musco...I hope you guys consider all orange armor next. I think all orange armor, regardless of level should have a dye slot.

Also...please consider releasing single colors in primary and secondary dyes as craftables or drops/rewards. There are obviously plenty to add to the current small offerings. Artifice has some love from the few dyes offered, but I think they need more.

Edited by LordArtemis

-eric

Does this fix Revan's color issue?

This is Awesome!!! Thank you! I spent many credits doing dailies just to get the Mira set. I found some nice color combos for it. I had almost the whole set when I remembered that Lore sets can't be dyed :(

Still completed the set, just never equipped it, just because I would be stuck looking like every other Mira out there.

Now I can equip it and dye it :)

This is Awesome, oh, I said that already, well, it is :D

Thanks again for this change :cool:

-eric

I have never really seen a dev post that I liked or gave any real info...until now. This was a very minor change I have been hoping to see, white/red drath sion gear...nuff said.:rak_03:

-eric

OMG! Thank you so fraking much. Jolee Bindo's tunic in black. That is all!

-eric

My condolences on your impending dismissal. Certainly a concise delivery of good news can't go unpunished by EA.

But seriously, good job.