Say chatter bug

dacentabaal

I get this bug on occasion in the Gchat channel where my message just won't go through, I have to resend my message again for it to register,

But today in RP my Say channel kept on becoming unresponsive for me and the people I was RP'n with, a UI reset fixed it briefly, but then it kept happening, a relog didn't help so a hard reset it was, that fixed it,. or so we thought, then it kept not showing any messages or responses in the Say channel no matter how many times we posted

I and some friends have only noticed the chat delay/general bugs since maintenance

Also.. I'm only posting this mainly cause CS don't answer on the in game tickets anymore and tell us to post here instead and hope the post to don't get lost in bug spam posts

Edited by dacentabaal

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll back up this bug, and even give some more solid info. as last night I had a chance to do some testing.

say works fine in most cases, however when 2 or more people from the oppisite faction get close. (so two sith walk up to 2 jedi) say breaks.

Yeah, this is still in effect. 2 Republic and 2 Imperials in the same area is preventing my Pub char from seeing /say chat from the other Pub char.

This basically completely kills any attempt at cross faction RP, and it really needs to get addressed.

Just another note on top of the no workies:

Can you also please restore seeing who is already logged into a custom chat channel when you first log in?

I used to sign into a character and be able to see exactly who was online and in my custom chat channel. Now all that's gone, and I need to play guessing games concerning who is on. It's just a small thing, but would appreciate that coming back.

Just another note on top of the no workies:

Can you also please restore seeing who is already logged into a custom chat channel when you first log in?

I used to sign into a character and be able to see exactly who was online and in my custom chat channel. Now all that's gone, and I need to play guessing games concerning who is on. It's just a small thing, but would appreciate that coming back.

I would also like to see this functionality returned. I posted more information about this issue in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=738204.

Posting in this thread and the CS thread to give it a bump and also inform the devs that this /say chat break is still in effect on Begeren Colony. For the last two days it's been a real nightmare on Alderaan. Previous posters had indicated it seems to be happening when more than 2 players of each faction are present, but I can confirm that the problem also persists even if it's just 1 player of each faction present in the /say radius. It definitely seems to be a cross-faction issue, though.

Is there any update on this?

I realize that RP is a small subset of players, but in terms of PvE content? This is kinda like all Operations suddenly not working after a patch, completely blocking a major part of the game for us RPers.

Should we be expecting a fix to come with the next update (2.7.2)? Or is this getting pushed onto the back burner?

can we get at least some sort of word that this is being worked on BW?

They have given that.

Thanks for your post! This is something we are aware of and working on, but right now I don't have any ETA for you.

/say works on my imperial toons, but not my republic toons.

imps say it shows up and i can see their /say but it will now show my /say, its very annoying.

fixed that for you :)

Anyways, as this thread shows this bug is much worse than previously thought and does not only affect the convenience of RP

In my opinion, when a glitch like this were to occur. I think the issue would be resolved by this week considering its not just one server but all of the servers are randomly raising their issues and concerns about it as the problem is randomised.

In all seriousness the game is far from perfect but they are slowly making progress though.

Edited by Satelerevan

Sooo, apparently it's still not a high enough priority to find the cause of this and get it fixed right away. Instead technically unpublished material on the PTS seems to be on their mind much more.

I know different people do different stuff, but seriously, guys: Are we paying for the content in game right now (and that includes in very big parts the social interaction) or for content that's coming some time in the future?

Get it fixed, jeez.

This is absolutely wrecking cross-faction RP. It's not just eliminating arena smacktalk. It's driving RPers onto 3rd party sites and, worse, away from the game.

No chat log is bad enough for RP; I didn't think it could get worse. But I was wrong: no *chat* is worse.

Frankly I am appalled that this continues to be an issue. How long has it been, now? Is it something that is even getting looked at, or was it conveniently forgotten about? I agree with how it's driving people away from the game, most definitely. Massive portions of server communities are put on hold while we all twiddle our thumbs praying and hoping we'd get at the very least an update on this. Anything? At all?