Ideas for new advanced classes

CarnagexMGDx

I would hope the thought of new advanced classes has at lest popped in the minds of the development team it would refresh game play and add new strategies for group/guilds.

IMPS

Sith Warrior > War Leader: A light armor class that wields a vibro-whip healing/tank class mid range class

Sith Inquisitor > Alchemist: A medium armor class that uses long staff light saber (like Darth Nihl) pure mid-range dps

Agent > Legionnaire: A heavy armor class that uses shotgun blaster mid-range dps/tank

Bounty Hunter > Crusader: A light armor class that uses the a tech staffs its pure short-range dps (like Torian)

PUBS

Jedi Knight > Scion A light armor class that wields a claymore like light saber healing/tank class mid range class

Jedi Counselor > Mystic: A medium armor class that uses long staff light saber pure mid-range dps

Smuggler > Deviant: A heavy armor class that uses shotgun blaster mid-range dps/tank

Trooper > Marine: A light armor class that uses two tech knives pure short-range dps

I'd definitely like to see a "proper" Teras Kasi class - martial artist, supplemented by a bit of tech (stealth, for example). Tank/DPS. Or just DPS.

Fast-moving, a lot of debilitating/weakening skills, "fatality" mechanics - finishers, depending on the combination of the debuffs the enemy has (for example, slow and bleed would result in a hard stun, knockdown and armour debuff - big execute). Capstone skills in trees - 3-debuff advanced "fatalities".

Alternatively, I'd like a melee weapon-wielding Tech class, like Mandalorian Crusader. But we all know that weapons are for sissies, and Teras Kasi is awesome.

Edited by Helig

I would hope the thought of new advanced classes has at lest popped in the minds of the development team it would refresh game play and add new strategies for group/guilds.

IMPS

Sith Warrior > War Leader: A light armor class that wields a vibro-whip healing/tank class mid range class

Sith Inquisitor > Alchemist: A medium armor class that uses long staff light saber (like Darth Nihl) pure mid-range dps

Agent > Legionnaire: A heavy armor class that uses shotgun blaster mid-range dps/tank

Bounty Hunter > Crusader: A light armor class that uses the a tech staffs its pure short-range dps (like Torian)

PUBS

Jedi Knight > Scion A light armor class that wields a claymore like light saber healing/tank class mid range class

Jedi Counselor > Mystic: A medium armor class that uses long staff light saber pure mid-range dps

Smuggler > Deviant: A heavy armor class that uses shotgun blaster mid-range dps/tank

Trooper > Marine: A light armor class that uses two tech knives pure short-range dps

I wouldn't hold my Breath for any armor Reductions or Range changes. if you want to build a new adv class you need to base it off of the original class

Warrior/Knight Healing adv. Class: imo there is a lot of room to build it as a melee/short range healer, we dont really have any and the class itself is no good at range smash/ force sweep would likely heal in healspec, and knockback in DPS spec i would expect the class to use medium armor 1 saber and a focus.

Inquisitor/Consular: first of all if any adv class of this class can use Medium armor it should be Sin/Shadow, these tank Adv classes suffer a lot from spike damage because they have to rely on non-Armor defense stats, which arnt reliable. (35% shield chance against an ability like ambush, your chances to proc arn't good and you take much more damage than the heavy armor tanks).

for a new Inq/Consular Advanced class i would pull for a Beastmaster/Beastwhisperer: the class would like your version be a Pure DPS, but you would focus on Summoning Beasts to Do your Damage, there may even be an ability to Pacify beasts you find and then Release them on your foes, other abilities would focus on Confusion, turning enemies against each other, supporting allies, and knocking enemies around with new force push abilities. wears light armor, single saber, and a focus

i have wanted to see what a Imperial Trooper Class would look like, your halfway there with the Legionaire, I would expect the class as a tank able class to be a good midrange class, likely using cover as a passive defensive boost, the class would likely focus on AOEs and high threat abilities Armor: Heavy. Weapons: Scattblaster (will be used like a normal blaster 30m range though will likely have less ROF visually no 6-9 shot for 3 ticks, 3 shots 3 ticks), secondary: Shield/Shiv. Smugler class would ofc have a mirrior.

BH/Trooper there wont be an armor reduction for this class, its a lot of work for BW to produce new armor types for a class. not to mention the fact that the trooper class itself offers the heavy armor unlock, something i cant see an adv class being able to remove. as for the switch to melee: nice idea: they wont be able to keep the ranged blaster abilities that are in currently, unless you could shoot out of the techblade/techstaff itsel (even if they did a melee thing they would likely not use techknives when they can just build off of the weapons that are already in the game) now one Possibility on this thread: players can wield both a blaster and Techblade/staff there are already some NPCs that use this setup, picking the advanced class would allow an ability that will switch your weapon, as with smugler/agent cover mechanic it would give you a quickbar change so with your blaster out you have the ranged set, and the Techblade out would allow the Melee set. Armor: Heavy weapons: Blaster rifle/pistol, Techblade/Techstaff?

• 1 month later...

IMPS

PUBS

I mainly did this to give variety and so that more armor looks can be used and to have something different

If you've ever played a SW/JK you'll know that they start with medium armor, A reduction would be hard to work with.

"Hey, wanna swap out your medium armor that does well to protect you for this light armor that'll most likely get you killed ten seconds into battle?" Also, this class doesn't really need cool new weapons to attract more cooks and weirdos. Maras/Sents already do enough of that.

I do like this idea a little more as it would give them more of a reason to use there weapon as saber pikes would be able to reach that long. I also like the beast master idea, We need a class that can stun animals.

This one is interresting... I think it should be an AoE class that uses mostly cone-shaped AoEs. (This idea comes from the shotgun idea. Ever play SW battlefront 2?)

Again with the armor reduction? To me this would seem odd at the end of BH chapter one when

s/he becomes a mandalorian. But then s/he wouldn't be able to wear any mandalorian armor.

Basically, I want you to imagine a Trooper wearing a skirt. No, just no.

On all of these all together, What happens if someone wants to roll one of the new ACs, but there server character slots? "Oh, just delete someone." And if they're on a RP server?

Friend: "Any idea what happened to your brother? Haven't seen him in a while."

Player: "He died."

Friend: "I'm so sorry, how did he die?"

Player: "We needed to make room on our ship."

But again these are just my opinions.

Edited by KyleSChen