4th Boss EV solo fight with scoundrel/operative dps?

Just finished HM EV with my scoundrel dps. The operation is fairly simple except for me on the fourth boss where each person solo's one mob.

The problem lies in the fact that my classes dps revolves entirely around positioning and the boss I am supposed to solo is immune to all forms of CC. I have literally 3 skills and a dot that I use through the entire fight, stopping periodically to heal myself. The skills themselves are weak and have high cost/low dps ratios.

Although I was the last one to finish my boss, our group still cleared the fight in one shot. The thing that worries me is that on Nightmare difficulty the fight will be even harder.

I just wonder if the devs thought about the fact that this fight would be really difficult for classes where 90% of their dps requires them to be behind a target.

My suggestion would just be for the Marauders (the bosses with the most health who the dps takes), just give them an ability which forces them to stand in one place and cast, allowing me time to slip behind and get in a few backblasts and flechette rounds.

I don't get it - you have problems doing 28k damage?

Operatives can't backstab or have the acid blade effect at all in that fight which is integral to their damage. Assassin/Shadow have a similar issue but it's not as bad as the operative.. At least from what I've seen.

OP can try probe bomb on cooldown. Can try timing your shield probe/evasion whenever that add does their cast attack. Saves you from healing yourself at least. Only other thing I can think of at this point for operative damage on that fight.

Only tried that fight as an operative healer and I was always the last one to finish. Explosive probe, shiv, DoT, auto shoot was all i really did for damage.

It can't be that hard. I'm an operative healer and I can kill a Marauder boss in time. It's still a joke on Nightmare.

I open with orbital strike, popping relic and attack adrenal. I keep C. dart up, shiv on cd with overload shot and rifle shot as filler (keeping above 60 energy). That's it.

Edit: I should mention I always finish first when fighting an Assassin boss, and on Nightmare they actually do significant damage (nearly died the first time from an 11k crit!), so I have to spend time healing as well.

Edited by AtomicSquid

i play operative dps spec and i'm able to pretty much spam lacerate on this boss if i keep my poison dart up on the mob the whole time. So yeah I do lose the huge burst and crits from the backstab but I have a huge sustained dps on the boss the whole time. You can also vanish during this fight without losing your connection to your mob so you can hidden strike backstab the mob again if you're quick. I usually finish my mob in about 20-30sec on nightmare difficulty.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZGhModkrffzZhMoz.1

This is the spec I use for raids and it works just fine on the infernal council.

Yeah that spec you linked is almost exactly what I use. I was afraid to vanish for fear of the mob resetting or attacking another player that is nearby.

On hard the dps ones have roughly 100k health that you have to fight against. No idea what they have on Nightmare, and my character is slightly undergeared for nightmare right now anyways.

Thanks for the input everyone.