Jack of all Trades Tank Class?

Lokyn

I wonder why you did not answer to any of my posts about utility (Phase Walk) and all the other stuff i wrote to compare sin tanks with other tanks in this thread (nor about the tfb nim numbers in this class section, fuyris pve guide thread and dipsticks thread).

You just make a long wall of text with a single statement instead: "I think Sin Tanks are sub-par". I think i invalidated all your arguments on different threads, as you are not answering back at all in any of these threads.

I find it funny when you are just using a single statement packed in a wall of text, but don't care about anything i wrote before.

Edit: I am doing the content and i don't see any problem for 8 man nim. I see a problem for 16 man operations as I stated before.

The idea is to do it in the correct gears not when your healer or the tank has the high gear compare to the Ops. If ur Healer is over geared, they can heal you just fine even with spike, If the tank is over gear they can deal with it just fine. You don't compare top gear to a lower content. Try to run a 55 HM OP with the full pt of wearing correct gear not your best gear. What correct gear ? what indicated in ur quest, not the gear that the OP will drop. For example: 55 HM FP can be done in level 53 gears as they said in the quest, you have to try it with the whole party in level 53 gear.

About Res stealth, it's not the job for tank, it is a nice ability BUT it is NOT tank job it's a bonus which does not needed for tank.

Phase walker is nice IF it last for the whole boss fight. Normally you don't even need Phase Walker since ur self heal and healer is more than enough. But when the spike appear, will the Phase Walker be there to help ?

Edited by YaanaOhtar

The idea is to do it in the correct gears not when your healer or the tank has the high gear compare to the Ops. If ur Healer is over geared, they can heal you just fine even with spike, If the tank is over gear they can deal with it just fine. You don't compare top gear to a lower content. Try to run a 55 HM OP with the full pt of wearing correct gear not your best gear. What correct gear ? what indicated in ur quest, not the gear that the OP will drop. For example: 55 HM FP can be done in level 53 gears as they said in the quest, you have to try it with the whole party in level 53 gear.

About Res stealth, it's not the job for tank, it is a nice ability BUT it is NOT tank job it's a bonus which does not needed for tank.

Phase walker is nice IF it last for the whole boss fight. Normally you don't even need Phase Walker since ur self heal and healer is more than enough. But when the spike appear, will the Phase Walker be there to help ?

There's no problem with 55 hm fp (i did run them in less the indicated gear (148) (aswell as the whole party)).

5% additional healing helps for recovering from spikes as there is currently not a single spike in this game (apart from terminate in 8 man nim, but that spike is visible and you can use your defensive cooldowns therefore) that kills you instantly.

I did post parses for thrasher, twh and dg nim, analyzed the spikes.... All this Information is alrdy there, why do i have to repeat all these things over and over again?

You are now the i don't know tenth Person or so, who is just stating the same wrong things but not a single one of you is saying anything about the data i provided....

Why do you think 5% additional healing on the healers is not needed? Have both your healers healed a raid in nim so far with black market stuff. If yes provide your data, then we can discuss further (as 5% additional healing is not important as you claim....)

Why do you think additional healing does not help to get a tank back to more health after a spike? I wanna understand that nonsense everyone is posting here...

Edited by THoK-Zeus

There's no problem with 55 hm fp (i did run them in less the indicated gear (148) (aswell as the whole party)).

5% additional healing helps for recovering from spikes as there is currently not a single spike in this game (apart from terminate in 8 man nim, but that spike is visible and you can use your defensive cooldowns therefore) that kills you instantly.

I did post parses for thrasher, twh and dg nim, analyzed the spikes.... All this Information is alrdy there, why do i have to repeat all these things over and over again?

You are now the i don't know tenth Person or so, who is just stating the same wrong things but not a single one of you is saying anything about the data i provided....

Why do you think 5% additional healing on the healers is not needed? Have both your healers healed a raid in nim so far with black market stuff. If yes provide your data, then we can discuss further (as 5% additional healing is not important as you claim....)

Why do you think additional healing does not help to get a tank back to more health after a spike? I wanna understand that nonsense everyone is posting here...

You missed understand my post. The HM FP 55 is an example of gear level, NOT an example of shadow can't tank here, though i did it much harder compare to my guardian tank when i did with the full party of 53 gears - i had checked theirs gears.

And again you missed understand my post. I asked that with that cool down, when the spike appear, will the Phase Walker till be there ? And will shadow tank survive after the spike or spikes ? Remember the ability to get heal more does not equal to the ability to withstand a heavy hit or hits. Remember, the healers had to be real good to pay attention to shadow/assassin tank, if they don't have heal ready right away after the spikes or spike, it's a dead for them.

Now about the important of 5% increase in heal. I used it in HM OP only, however let's use logic, others tank don't need it right ? So Why does shadow/assassin need it ? To balance out theirs lost of 10% armor ? If it is truth then why is it just last for 2 min and not a permanent skill ? And in all fight, tank and healer are never in the same place, so for shadow to have it after 2:45 minutes they have to move to healer - IF that possible that's mean you have to wait a t least 1 min to have phase walker up again- and during 60 sec of cool down, if spikes appear that's mean phase walker is useless. WIth all these information i concluded that Phase Walker is a useless skill compare to just give us 10% armor back or just a 5% healing passive cause it's clearly just like Stealth res, It is not an abilities for tank.

You missed understand my post. The HM FP 55 is an example of gear level, NOT an example of shadow can't tank here, though i did it much harder compare to my guardian tank when i did with the full party of 53 gears - i had checked theirs gears.

And again you missed understand my post. I asked that with that cool down, when the spike appear, will the Phase Walker till be there ? And will shadow tank survive after the spike or spikes ? Remember the ability to get heal more does not equal to the ability to withstand a heavy hit or hits. Remember, the healers had to be real good to pay attention to shadow/assassin tank, if they don't have heal ready right away after the spikes or spike, it's a dead for them.

Now about the important of 5% increase in heal. I used it in HM OP only, however let's use logic, others tank don't need it right ? So Why does shadow/assassin need it ? To balance out theirs lost of 10% armor ? If it is truth then why is it just last for 2 min and not a permanent skill ? And in all fight, tank and healer are never in the same place, so for shadow to have it after 2:45 minutes they have to move to healer - IF that possible that's mean you have to wait a t least 1 min to have phase walker up again- and during 60 sec of cool down, if spikes appear that's mean phase walker is useless. WIth all these information i concluded that Phase Walker is a useless skill compare to just give us 10% armor back or just a 5% healing passive cause it's clearly just like Stealth res, It is not an abilities for tank.

I don't know why sin tanks have this ability (ask bw) but i doubt it's because of balancing armor.

Am i understanding you right, that you assume that it's not a balacing out as Phase walk is not a permanent ability (as permanent armor would be)?

First awall, if a boss does not have a cleave (or an aoe ability) healers and tanks can stand in the same place (thats not never the case). You can move 2 sec before the 45 sec run off so it's not a 60 sec cooldown (no one needs 15 seconds to his healers with force Speed :)).

You should normally use it so, that you have it fully available during all the difficult healing phases of a boss (that actually seperates most of the sin tanks).

A page before there's a big discussion about the usage of Phase Walk, why are you not responding to that, as you can't rly draw a conclusion about the usage of Phase walk when you are not referring to any of the post about the usage of Phase Walk :D.

5% healing passive would be worse then Phase Walk (also buffs raid healing..).

10% more armor would probably be way better then Phase Walk, yes.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned about phase walk is its horrible animation. It's floating a bit over the ground so it hides most aoe circles under it. This means that you have to be very careful in fights with any kind of aoe markers, especially the ones with random aoe(like titan 6 airstrike).

Does anyone know if it hides the green aoes on DG?

One thing I haven't seen mentioned about phase walk is its horrible animation. It's floating a bit over the ground so it hides most aoe circles under it. This means that you have to be very careful in fights with any kind of aoe markers, especially the ones with random aoe(like titan 6 airstrike).

Does anyone know if it hides the green aoes on DG?

It's not hiding the green aoe circles. I have just had problems with purple circles so far (Athiss HM last Boss, when i was slacking and kept on standing in the circle while i was watching a dps/healer being burned down by the flames... normally then the healer dies :D). Red circles i find its really possible to see them.