Minefield HM Denova - missing Overloads

The last two times we have run the Minefield we've been getting killed by phantom Overloads. I call them phantoms because the channel doesn't show up.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I thought it might just be me, but other members of the raid cannot see the channel either. Could be lag/latency I suppose, but given how crucial the overload is it's pretty rough to not be able to see this consistently.

Would love any workaround others have found.

Did not happen to us yet, however we did have the detection thingy end before a droid is revealed a few times over the weeks now and that is quite annoying, since the elite at the tower will spawn and keep you from using it again until killed. On a bad day that even caused wipes because the towers enraged.

The last two times we have run the Minefield we've been getting killed by phantom Overloads. I call them phantoms because the channel doesn't show up.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I thought it might just be me, but other members of the raid cannot see the channel either. Could be lag/latency I suppose, but given how crucial the overload is it's pretty rough to not be able to see this consistently.

Would love any workaround others have found.

I have not experienced phantom Overloads, but I try to tank those droids in such a way that missing an Overload won't get anybody killed - this usually means pulling the droid back a square or two from the leading edge of the puzzle. There's still plenty of time to get the kit to the yellow square and the mine defused from such a position.

I have run hm ec a ton of times and I would have to say I have never seen (or not seen) phantom overload. They are fast as hell so interupters need to be quick. We just turn the bot away from team to avoid cleave and everyone interupts only overload. the cleave if fine to heal tank only and we can get all the interupts including the first one each time which can be more difficult if evreyone not near him. If you are a little far ....lets say out of range you will not be able to hit an interupt form him unless ranged interupt.

It doesn't surprise me, we've seen a lot of mechanics go wonky in Denova due to the massive amounts of lag during prime time, from there being 100+ people per instance. (I will always see 50-60 people in Denova with us, then keep in mind that only shows Republic players).

Great idea on turning the bot around so the tank only takes the cleave. We'll have to try that. I know the Overloads are fast, they're my responsibility and I get each one where a channel shows up :)

Yeah specifically there are several that don't show up and they don't show up on multiple raiders' screens.

Make sure if you have Marauders in your group that they dont use force leap during that part. Me and the other Marauder in my group basically cut that out because we notice sometimes then a cleave and an overload go off at the same time you can only see both casting if your bar is set to max size.

If you run with Two Marauders assign one to cleave an done to overload they will always have their interrupt up, try not to use force leap. If your using any other class with a longer cool down on their interrupt set up a three person rotation and call it in vent.

Once we stopped force leaping we got rid of the double cast and it makes for a nice clean run.

Make sure if you have Marauders in your group that they dont use force leap during that part. Me and the other Marauder in my group basically cut that out because we notice sometimes then a cleave and an overload go off at the same time you can only see both casting if your bar is set to max size.

If you run with Two Marauders assign one to cleave an done to overload they will always have their interrupt up, try not to use force leap. If your using any other class with a longer cool down on their interrupt set up a three person rotation and call it in vent.

Once we stopped force leaping we got rid of the double cast and it makes for a nice clean run.

Interesting Strat. I know that were gonna try that. The Phantom overload happened a few times. I've noticed it happening whenever the droid has just been despond and is moving towards us. So me as a sentinel I cannot interrupted because it's not anywhere near us anyways. But at the same time there is no Castebar.