Too much CC

tbuczek

There are actually very few of these abilities for a lot of classes and they are on long cooldowns. In a WZ, getting stunned for literally 30 seconds straight because there is that much CC and no DR is just dumb.

oh, and just because I know someone is going to quote me and say L2P or get good: Yes, I am better than you. By far. You're wrong if you disagree with me and its you that needs to learn about how PvP in games should work. Take a hike.

Gross exaggerations do not help your argument.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CC is always a fail because the second you start to take away peoples ability to play the game, guess what, they won't play the game.

Sure they will. The best PVP game ever made, DAOC, had minute and longer AREA EFFECT mezzes and people played the **** out of that game.

It would if you played in coordinated balanced groups.

No it wouldn't, because even a coordinated, balanced group makes mistakes and there's literally so much crowd control in this game it's impossible to tell what's going to happen next.

There's very little strategy to using Crowd Control. Of course a coordinated team is going to win. That doesn't stop the fact that crowd control is overpowered. It also doesn't stop the fact that at this point PVP is pretty unbalanced.

No it wouldn't, because even a coordinated, balanced group makes mistakes and there's literally so much crowd control in this game it's impossible to tell what's going to happen next.

There's very little strategy to using Crowd Control. Of course a coordinated team is going to win. That doesn't stop the fact that crowd control is overpowered. It also doesn't stop the fact that at this point PVP is pretty unbalanced.

I've seen no actual indication than crowd control is out of line

There's plenty of strategy to using CC... from knowing when and who to apply it on to ensuring that you aren't layering it on the same target which reduces its effectiveness. There's certainly more strategy to CC than there is to assist trains or healing.

CC feels pretty excessive atm. Hopefully at higher levels there'll be more ways to break it. The biggest problem for me is not having a lot of healers, making it very hard to live through the CC. It isn't the lack of control (which sucks too) as much as the "oh great, no cc breaker, I'm dead"-feeling. Hopefully that too changes at 50 with more defensive cooldowns & talents.

Personally I'd want CC to be toned down, and more/longer snares/roots/interrupts added. Those make for clever gameplay with a lot of positioning&movement. CC tends to bog everything down quite a bit.

CC feels pretty excessive atm. Hopefully at higher levels there'll be more ways to break it. The biggest problem for me is not having a lot of healers, making it very hard to live through the CC. It isn't the lack of control (which sucks too) as much as the "oh great, no cc breaker, I'm dead"-feeling. Hopefully that too changes at 50 with more defensive cooldowns & talents.

Personally I'd want CC to be toned down, and more/longer snares/roots/interrupts added. Those make for clever gameplay with a lot of positioning&movement. CC tends to bog everything down quite a bit.

Know why you don't have a lot of healers? Because...

A. The raid frames are broken and this is an embarrassment to Bioware because it's been around for a long time.

B. Most heals have activation time, and interrupts as well as CC make it impossible once you've been identified as a healer.

CC is out of control in this game and some will cling to their "tactics" but the reality is it's not fun at all. Even more frustrating for players that are experienced and know what they are doing but are unable to do anything because they are chain stunned.

Title says it all. Way too much CC in pvp. Just my opinion.

Don't fight 1 vs 3-4 and it shouldn't be an issue. I have 1 stun and feel I do fine against classes with multiple stuns/snares/roots etc. Stay with the zerg and you are much less likely to be stun locked.

There are actually very few of these abilities for a lot of classes and they are on long cooldowns. In a WZ, getting stunned for literally 30 seconds straight because there is that much CC and no DR is just dumb.

oh, and just because I know someone is going to quote me and say L2P or get good: Yes, I am better than you. By far. You're wrong if you disagree with me and its you that needs to learn about how PvP in games should work. Take a hike.

absolute proof your terribad at pvp right there in your quote, but keep dreaming :)

I think people still have the misconceptions that healers are some kind of guy that gives you instant recovery from near fatal encounters in 5 seconds. In this game, heals in PvP seems to be something that keeps a key individual alive during a critical time, not something that guaranteeds victory if you have it. It's crucial to know where the heal powerups, and how to finish someone quickly so you can enter OOC which is far more effective than any healing.

CC should work fine the first time.

However, there should be temporary resistance to repeated CC.

tactic for teamplay.

Best post i've read on this issue. CC is great, but sucks if that is all that continues to happen to you. if you get CC'd and healed, then CC'd again there should be some resistance to it. The Trooper on the opening video resisted the Sith's CC

You all have to realize we're dealing with the Mythic devs here in terms of PVP.

Ever play Warhammer when it was first released? The CC was so out of control it pretty much ruined the game. Then they decided that they might need to put in immunity timers once you've been hard CC'd...

Fast-forward to SWTOR: It seems they didn't learn their lesson.

I guess one thing we can learn from this, is that history, does indeed, repeat itself.

They need to remove LoS as well. I mean seriously! Who wants more stuff to think about in PvP? All we want to do is ignore the ball and faceroll the keyboard to see epic numbers on our screen.

While were at it, remove every single shield and heal spell in the game and remove damage reduction. I want to see big numbers like I do when I shoot on a level 1 mob.

This game is too hard.

Sure they will. The best PVP game ever made, DAOC, had minute and longer AREA EFFECT mezzes and people played the **** out of that game.
This made me lol.

I prefer the Shadowbane approach. Once you get stunned you're immune to stun for x amount of time (I think it was like 15-30 seconds) and your immunity increases every time someone tries to stun you while immune. Stunning abilities had no cooldown. This forced you to use your stun tactically instead of just facerolling it every time it comes off CD.

If you had a similar but separate mechanic that existed for incapacitate as well, and all forms of CC fell under one or the other (stun and incapacitate), it would really go a long way towards fixing rampant CC.

I play a sith Sorc and the CC in this game is insane,having a 50% 6 seconds slow on a 12 sec cd,force lighting slowing and giving instant cast spells,a stun,a knockback,a sprint,and an absorb spell its impossible to die unless you're terrible at this game.

CC is fine. Those of you saying it's too much or it's out of line or it's excessive need to give it time. Being cc'd is no fun, but you need to understand if you can do it, others should be able to as well. No CC means very little strategy so you can't get rid of it... are you serious? Can you imagine hutt ball without CC or knockbacks or??? If you get CC'd then that sucks, but it's part of the sub-game and in my opinion, has been done very well at this point.

I'm only a L18 Valor, but I'm OK with CC in this game. In WoW, I didn't have a way to break it (feral druid) and it was frustrating as all get out, but here you can break it - once every so often. I love how well it's been done.

CC is fine. Those of you saying it's too much or it's out of line or it's excessive need to give it time. Being cc'd is no fun, but you need to understand if you can do it, others should be able to as well. No CC means very little strategy so you can't get rid of it... are you serious? Can you imagine hutt ball without CC or knockbacks or??? If you get CC'd then that sucks, but it's part of the sub-game and in my opinion, has been done very well at this point.

I'm only a L18 Valor, but I'm OK with CC in this game. In WoW, I didn't have a way to break it (feral druid) and it was frustrating as all get out, but here you can break it - once every so often. I love how well it's been done.

You can break CC in WOW (trinket). On top of that, all CC in WOW is on diminishing returns.

Also, as a feral you were immune to such CC's as polymorph and you could shapeshift out roots and snares. The CC in WOW is nothing like in this game.

If you're using your resources optimally or even wastefully then you should be waiting for critical resource regeneration most of the time, whether it's an actual resource (Force) or cooldown.

Getting CCed while you can't do anything significant is no big deal at all. Save CC breaks for when you need to burn something. If you're low on resources, it's not really a big deal you're incapaciated because you can't do anything useful anyway until you get your CDs/resources back.

You can break CC in WOW (trinket). On top of that, all CC in WOW is on diminishing returns.

SWTOR has trinkets, too. and DR, it's called the resolve system.

The CC in WOW is nothing like in this game.

i don't think u've ever been in a wow match vs druid mage lock, 3 classes with spammable cc's on separate drs. capable of cycling fear->poly->cyclone on a player indefinitely, essentially locking someone out of a match completely.

please understand the game you're referencing before posting here like you know what you're talking about.

SWTOR has trinkets, too. and DR, it's called the resolve system.

i don't think u've ever been in a wow match vs druid mage lock, 3 classes with spammable cc's on separate drs. capable of cycling fear->poly->cyclone on a player indefinitely, essentially locking someone out of a match completely.

please understand the game you're referencing before posting here like you know what you're talking about.

You're talking about Mezzes. Polymorph and Fear break on damage and you're immune while in cyclone. I think what people are talking about are hard CC's (stuns); When a person is effectively stun-locked from full health to dead. (world of roguecraft anyone?)

Also, the resolve is broken. I've repeatedly been hard CC'd (full on stuns) back to back with a full resolve bar.

Like, I said in my original post: Mythic screwed this up when they first launched Warhammer. We just have to wait until they realize they made the same mistake and fix it.

P.S. Also, I was referring to the fact that in WOW there was a way to break CC (ala trinket) when he stated above that he didn't have to way to break any since he was a feral druid.

If you're going to tell me that I should understand what I am referring to maybe you should first, understand the post of which I quoted in which my reply was directed.

Edited by KismetTKM

I'm not going to point by point everything, because at the end of the day I think you and a lot of people here are being overly picky and are arguing for the sake of arguing. That or you want a pvp system where players ultimately right click on one another then sit back and hope their gear is better/they get more crits.

Learn to play, the CC in this game is NOT broken.

You're talking about Mezzes. Polymorph and Fear break on damage and you're immune while in cyclone. I think what people are talking about are hard CC's (stuns); When a person is effectively stun-locked from full health to dead. (world of roguecraft anyone?)

Oh so now wow didnt have any hard CC's? No one has died in a rogue CS->KS combo, or a mage deep freeze->shatter combo. my eyes are rolling harder than the rims on lil wayne's escalade.

Also, just to bring up another point you missed, even if SWTOR has a hard cc system that's as brutal if not more brutal than WoW, the break-on-damage cc's are a lot lighter to compensate, which means you can choose to save your trinket for the hard cc's. In Wow, if you are facing RLS or LMD, you have to pop your trinket in break-on-damage cc's or risk being shut out for 1minute+. The tradeoff is ofc, when you do pop your trinket in a blind/fear/poly, you are now vulnerable to hard-switch and getting nuked down in a KS/DF.

P.S. Also, I was referring to the fact that in WOW there was a way to break CC (ala trinket) when he stated above that he didn't have to way to break any since he was a feral druid.

ugh, this post is almost too ignorant to warrant a rebuttal. but i'll say it again, there are trinkets in swtor. and your feral example neglects a) the fact that druids are no longer immune to snares unless they go deep into the feral tree and b) there's a tradeoff in that feral form opens druids to specific cc's like hibernate and scare beast.

anyways, tl;dr, refer to the first statement i make in this post.

I play a sith Sorc and the CC in this game is insane,having a 50% 6 seconds slow on a 12 sec cd,force lighting slowing and giving instant cast spells,a stun,a knockback,a sprint,and an absorb spell its impossible to die unless you're terrible at this game.

This^

Obviously only applies to Sage/Sorc though.

I'm not going to point by point everything, because at the end of the day I think you and a lot of people here are being overly picky and are arguing for the sake of arguing. That or you want a pvp system where players ultimately right click on one another then sit back and hope their gear is better/they get more crits.

Learn to play, the CC in this game is NOT broken.

We'll see if the CC is broken or not after they fix it, then what tune will you sing? Think I'm wrong? Go look at Warhammer as I stated before. If you didn't play the game than you don't know about the developers. *hint* They're the same ones doing the PVP in this game.

Oh so now wow didnt have any hard CC's? No one has died in a rogue CS->KS combo, or a mage deep freeze->shatter combo. my eyes are rolling harder than the rims on lil wayne's escalade.

Really? You do know that if you open with CS, than a full KS is only 2 seconds, right? If somebody dies within a 6 second stun with any amount of resilience, also based on the energy costs of rogues (meaning that's not full on DPS since they're having to save energy to stun as well as not using a damaging finisher in order to KS) than no. Nobody would die from that. Also, you think a shatter-combo will kill somebody? Deep Freeze is 5 seconds, even shorter than a CS - KS combo and we already showed that to be ineffective.

Also, just to bring up another point you missed, even if SWTOR has a hard cc system that's as brutal if not more brutal than WoW, the break-on-damage cc's are a lot lighter to compensate, which means you can choose to save your trinket for the hard cc's. In Wow, if you are facing RLS or LMD, you have to pop your trinket in break-on-damage cc's or risk being shut out for 1minute+. The tradeoff is ofc, when you do pop your trinket in a blind/fear/poly, you are now vulnerable to hard-switch and getting nuked down in a KS/DF.

Or you could have your teammate dispel. Oh wait, didn't think of that... Currently, I haven't seen any classes that can break CC's off of people in this game. I may be mistaken.

ugh, this post is almost too ignorant to warrant a rebuttal. but i'll say it again, there are trinkets in swtor. and your feral example neglects a) the fact that druids are no longer immune to snares unless they go deep into the feral tree and b) there's a tradeoff in that feral form opens druids to specific cc's like hibernate and scare beast.

Again, have you played WOW? You do know that with the current talent system, once you put points into Feral you have to finish that tree before you can move on to another. Meaning, you would have points deep into it to begin with.

Please, practice what you preach. Better yet, just realize that people complained about the CC in beta and are complaining about it now mainly because nothing was done.

Considering you have a join date of Dec 12th. You probably have no idea what went on in beta so save your wannabe internet tough-guy routine for the mouth-breathers.

anyways, tl;dr, refer to the first statement i make in this post.

Your first statement was that you're not going to go point by point, which you did. So congrats... Your tl;dr is, "I'm a hypocrite."

/rolleyes

Edited by KismetTKM