where do i get the next level of recipe?

xioix

I have already made the purple combat medpack but the biochem trainer isn't offering me the next version of it. The purple one is a lvl 8 item and heals only for a max of 800-something HP but I'm now L17 so it only heals me for about 25% of my total HP.

I'm looking for the higher level version recipe (lvl 15+ green) and do I get it once I hit a certain player level or biochem level or do I need to visit other trainers (like the cybertech trainer etc.)?

If it works the same way Artifice does, then you need to get the recipe from your trainer, but your craft level has to be high enough. Take a look at your trainer and filter by all recipes (usable or not) and you should see it in their along with the level of Biochem you need to train it.

As Dy said, you will constantly be going back to your trainer to learn new templates or buying them from the GTN.

What I've started doing is saving up my materials from gathering and missions until I have a lot, then go to my trainer and start crafting to raise my skill, then buy up all the recipes that it unlocks.

ou could also craft in the field and just wait till enough skill has passed to go pick up a bulk of them, but I prefer to be gaining items/money while playing and save the crafting for times when I can sit idle in the station while doing house work or watching football :)

Buy the recipe. Craft it and RE the crafted item over and over and soon you'll have improved recipes. Then Craft/RE the improved recipe over and over and you'll have even better recipes.

I went from base trainer green recipe to ultra sweet purple recipe with RE in about 30 minutes.