Armstech vs Armortech

Hibach

I play a merc BH, have around 200 armstech, and 300 scav/investigation. Wondering if its worth switching to armortech. The thing is, my guildie has a higher level armstech, and recently, he's been making all of my weapons.

Should I switch, is it worth it? I would have to drop investigation for underworld trading, or no?

thanks

Will he always be your guildie? Would you like to be able to sell your own gear later on or do you want it only for yourself?

Armortech will let you wear more of your own creations instead of only being able to use the one weapon you can create for yourself. That's a lot more slots you can fill all by yourself.

Edited by Rutterkin

Crafted armor, as it stands, is useless once you get level 50 sets. It is easy to get to level 50 and all the raid content and flashpoints are extremely easy even when undergeared...

So as it stands crafted armor is total crap compared to fully moddable oranges. Even with augment slots... which are insanely rare. Personally... to make it even remotely worth it I think all crafted gear should have an augment slot.

So basically... do anything that isn't an armor crafting profession.

Crafted armor, as it stands, is useless once you get level 50 sets. It is easy to get to level 50 and all the raid content and flashpoints are extremely easy even when undergeared...

So as it stands crafted armor is total crap compared to fully moddable oranges. Even with augment slots... which are insanely rare. Personally... to make it even remotely worth it I think all crafted gear should have an augment slot.

Um... crafters can make Fully Modded oranges. The schems come from UT. I've bought a few myself =)

A wild opinion is spotted! It wasn't very effetive.

• 10 months later...
so armor tech is the way to go ?????

If you have to choose between the two, yes it is.

I had armstech and armortech ( on 2 differents characters ), I make more money with armortech selling augments, fully moddable orange sets, bracers and belt and epic lvl 11 to 50 armors. With armstech you sell augments, few people buy orange weapon and even less by epic weapon ( for leveling ).

That is my experience.

Note : I play on a French server, maybe the market trends are different on US server.

In addition to what everyone else has said, if you're getting mats while doing dailies, making augment kits can be very profitable. Though I do wonder from time to time whether I should have gone with Biochem instead of Armour (for a Rakata stim during PvP).