Guild Protest

x_XDeathX_x

Hey Everyone,

Addition to my other post, I would like to see if we came together as guild leaders and guild members and express our views on why the current system is failing us in this post. Please when you reply, tell us what function you want and why it would help your guild and its members to stay around, lets show them why they need more functions for the backbone of this game! Many might think this is pointless but im hoping with help from all of you... our voice will be heard strong, so bump this tread when you can, reply to this tread when you can, post this link on your guild websites, spread the word if you would to all members of the game to give there idea's and maybe with some group luck we can push some stuff onto them and make it a better game for all of us. My Goal is 1k + People post/sign and giving there idea's so lets see how many of you want more guild functions.

Thanks to all the players that really love the game and want to see it expand and make us want to stick around longer!

Edited by x_XDeathX_x

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try and be constructive. I was a leader of a pre-launch guild that started with 35 members at launch. By the end of the second month 5 of us were still playing. We reinvented ourselves multiple times. In total, we had as many as 400 members who came and went with the rising and setting of the game.

When the first server merger happened, we were the largest active raiding guild on the server Juyo.

A. From a guild standpoint, there was a total disconnect with our lower levels. Unless you had an alt character who happened to be at the same level and near the same quest, it was always a hassle to group with new lower level guildmates. Grouping while leveling just never functioned. We would recruit many low level players and try and get them to group. It would last for a few levels, but once someone leveled ahead, it was over. To fix this would be some type of element that would allow a lvl 50 char to scale down levels when grouped with a lower level guild mate. This way, their exp would not be negatively impacted. It would also allow replay value to lower level content.

B. Pre launch, guilds had ingame public and private forums on SWTOR. They need to come back. It was a great hub for communication. We ended up using facebook but not everyone wanted to use it.

C. It hurt that there was no guild mail, guild calender, or guild search feature. B. would have helped but in game is better.

D. Guild halls, guild progression/ guild mini games. We never had a place to call our own. Other than flashpoints , raids, and some warzones, guilds really don't have much to do together. Yeah, there was some internal crafting but that system is very lackluster in this game. It would have helped to have had a place to plant our flag.

Guilds are about community. The stronger the community, the more likely people are going to invest time and money into this game.

Sadly, they know all this. They knew enough to have a guild summit and never really enhanced guilds beyond a bank. If they had a team working on guild or community features, they have produced nothing in the past year.

For the most part, my guild is inactive now. We just got sick of the same content. I figured out that we had run EC 64 times (mains and alts) since it had launched and we were waiting for new content.

To fix this would be some type of element that would allow a lvl 50 char to scale down levels when grouped with a lower level guild mate. This way, their exp would not be negatively impacted. It would also allow replay value to lower level content.

This would be the biggest help to this game. I haven't been in a guild for many months now since mine broke up and everyone quit the game, but the worst part was telling a guilde "If I come help you it will just hurt you more," and running my own new characters if someone asks if anyone needs help, having to say no simply because the xp loss would be far too great.

Edited by MoFugga

And In Game Calender for Guilds would help as well. More or less have a way to set up MOTD notices that become active on a specified date or repeat on regular intervals so that Planning can be done for Raids and Ops easier. Also increase the MOTD box on the Guild Window... it's tiny!

And In Game Calender for Guilds would help as well. More or less have a way to set up MOTD notices that become active on a specified date or repeat on regular intervals so that Planning can be done for Raids and Ops easier. Also increase the MOTD box on the Guild Window... it's tiny!

It would have been awesome for players to have a calender that would have allowed them to sign up for running FP and OPS and it be an in game system.

This would be the biggest help to this game. I haven't been in a guild for many months now since mine broke up and everyone quit the game, but the worst part was telling a guilde "If I come help you it will just hurt you more," and running my own new characters if someone asks if anyone needs help, having to say no simply because the xp loss would be far too great.

I am still fairly new to this and other mmos...can you explain the post above? How does a higher level player helping a lower level player hurt either? I'm not criticizing, i am legitmately curious about this...

OP, I'm glad to see feedback done in the proper form without threats and whinning.

I would like to see a guild leveling system.

We already know guild capital ships are coming. Some guild vs guild drills/warzones could be interesting with a ladder and nice bragging rights like titles or mounts at the end.

Edited by Nemmar

Thank you all for your feedback lets try and keep the ball rolling on this topic, many are prolly reading this and wondering if there opinion matters well voicing what you want out of this game can help the dev's if they ever look at this topic if it gets enough attention from all of us as swtor gamers and will be noticed and read, so i ask each of you raise up! and post/comment on your idea's! your views of what could save the guilds from leaving! yes that means all of you reading this now, write up a post no matter if its been covered already tell us what your wants are as guild leaders and members.

So, again bump this thread, spread this word access the websites of our guilds and fellow gamers lets make sure they know what we want :eek:

Got kinda crazy there but I'm just trying to get our voice heard and get many of you into one part(thread)... so that (again) with enough interest and attention it can't go un-noticed.

Thanks to each of you that love this game and want to see it become something greater.

Allow grouping with lower levels. It makes it difficult with a level 50 that goes to level with a guild member. Need to fix this where it doesn't hurt the lower level xp.

Guild mail. In order to send mail to my members I have to send it individually to each member.

Guild halls or something in that line that belongs to the guild and not based it on how many members you have.

as someone else said and i shamelessly copy/pasted:

B. Pre launch, guilds had ingame public and private forums on SWTOR. They need to come back. It was a great hub for communication. We ended up using facebook but not everyone wanted to use it.

C. It hurt that there was no guild mail, guild calender, or guild search feature. B. would have helped but in game is better.

So if 2 lvl 20 players group with a lvl 50 player to do Athiss for example, the lvl20 players will accrue reduced xp for the run because the lvl50 player is there? As if the xp rewards are scaled to the highest leveled player??

Yeah. Almost every MMO prevents you from just grouping a max-level character with low-level characters and going on a slaughterfest without some kind of reduced reward. However, most other games either:

A) Don't cut back the EXP so badly as to make it unviable, or;

B) Allow the high-level character to do some form of temporary level change and reduce their stats to that of a low level character.

I don't really understand what this thread is protesting... You want more guild leader control features?

Honestly, this game's problems have nothing to do with guilds. It's almost 2013 and most MMOers are used to having robust games with many years of content. SWTOR is still too young, and of course players are going to get bored with it and move on. No amount of forum protesting will change that.

Edited by ViciousFett

Great ideas so far, and heres somthing i'd like to see which is guilds should have have the ability to be cross faction so that ppl can roll on either side and still share the guild chat and guild bank. I belive in doing this it would encourage ppl to try and play on the opposite faction and still be connected to your guild/friends.

As mentioned by a few folks before, I suggest the following...

1) Sidekick item that allows folks to downlevel so they may help other guild members when leveling.

2) Guild forums would be a great addition, as it existed in Beta.

3) Guild mail broadcast ability, an in game guild event calender, and a guild search feature like the Who feature.

4) A guild space station or capital ship that can be used as a base.

5) Guild experience boosts and reduced vendor costs based on Guild level (number of members)

6) The ability to declare war on another guild, based on a vote, allowing same faction open PVP against the enemy guild on sight.

I don't really understand what this thread is protesting... You want more guild leader control features?

Honestly, this game's problems have nothing to do with guilsd. It's almost 2013 and most MMOers are used to having robust games with many years of content. SWTOR is still too young, and of course players are going to get bored with it and move on. No amount of forum protesting will change that.

We are protesting about the lack of guild functions. And your wrong with "No Amount of forum Protesting wiil change that" with enough attention and members that support this will see action but only when there is enough players to want changes. How do you think they learn and build on games lol, thats the reason they got these forums, to learn how to make it a better game and thats what im trying to focus on with a protest that we want change and help with keeping members in the guild. There is only so much a guild leader can do to keep the members interest but after running a operation 100 times or other types of events it gets kinda old and we need other things todo thats why im doing this again for things like guild ships, guild progression perks or guild leveling would be acouple great idea's suggested in earlier posts.

So, if your here to cut down this thread save the time and just dont post because we are only considered with players that want this game to grow and be better than what it is.

Sorry if this sounds rude in anyway, its not intended at all.

As mentioned by a few folks before, I suggest the following...

1)

6) The ability to declare war on another guild, based on a vote, allowing same faction open PVP against the enemy guild on sight.

Now thats a awesome idea! lmao would love the idea of warring with guilds and when your around each other in pvp zones you go instant red no matter same faction or opp lol

One of the best guild system I've used was in the now dead :( City of Heroes. We had our own base, places to put salvage and crafted items. Plus we could build the base the way we wanted it to look. Together with teleports to all main zones.

Our own chat channel (plus the players could make their own channels). It gave us something to work for and hang out.

One of the best guild system I've used was in the now dead :( City of Heroes. We had our own base, places to put salvage and crafted items. Plus we could build the base the way we wanted it to look. Together with teleports to all main zones.

Our own chat channel (plus the players could make their own channels). It gave us something to work for and hang out.

They do have the ability to make channels but we really need things based on guild members, ex: you group with all guildies and when you do a flashpoint with a full group of guildies you gain so much exp like the legacy system just alittle bit here and there to gain perks, different things from a list of guild functions that open up as your guild gets higher in level/rank.

I'm subbing to this thread :)

Anyway I'm probably restating some other ideas, but guilds can get boring very fast, even tedious for leaders. I mean it's hard to coordinate raids the way you want it, WZ's are a little easier, there should be more guild friendly features to help coordinate fun things just so you aren't stuck doing the same thing over and over again.

I've read your other thread where you were doing guild events with the community and it sounded fun and very creative, I also kind of thought "it's probably a ***** to coordinate all of these things"

The calendar sounded great as many guild members use that as a reason to not know what's going on, if there was one in game, it would help make things go much smoother.

I also liked the ideas of having a guild "base" and I really enjoy the idea of friendly "guild wars"

I have a couple ideas I'd like to express also, there should be easier transport options to and from certain places, such as world bosses, Illum, and other places guilds sometimes go for events

This may sound bad to some of you but I also think there should be some "mini-games" in swtor

That's all I had to say if I think of more I will definitely post here, thanks for the thread xxdeathxx!

Edit: oh and guild bases should be customizable to a point :p

Edit2: There should also be guild banners just like the republic banners imperial banner etc that you can customize.

Edited by kraykind

I'm subbing to this thread :)

Anyway I'm probably restating some other ideas, but guilds can get boring very fast, even tedious for leaders. I mean it's hard to coordinate raids the way you want it, WZ's are a little easier, there should be more guild friendly features to help coordinate fun things just so you aren't stuck doing the same thing over and over again.

I've read your other thread where you were doing guild events with the community and it sounded fun and very creative, I also kind of thought "it's probably a ***** to coordinate all of these things"

The calendar sounded great as many guild members use that as a reason to not know what's going on, if there was one in game, it would help make things go much smoother.

I also liked the ideas of having a guild "base" and I really enjoy the idea of friendly "guild wars"

I have a couple ideas I'd like to express also, there should be easier transport options to and from certain places, such as world bosses, Illum, and other places guilds sometimes go for events

This may sound bad to some of you but I also think there should be some "mini-games" in swtor

That's all I had to say if I think of more I will definitely post here, thanks for the thread xxdeathxx!

Edit: oh and guild bases should be customizable to a point :p

Edit2: There should also be guild banners just like the republic banners imperial banner etc that you can customize.

Thanks for helping me make a point bro :) yea we try our best to do custom events but we are so.... limited on what we can do, its hard to get creative when you got hardly anything to work off of, i mean if they had an system that time-stamps when you beat something or gather/make something, I would work with something like that for rewards for lets say "First to learn the craft-able Item ___ " but speak out to your guild members get them to express there idea's in this topic. But, many of your idea's I like and with all this money coming in from cartel coiners they should be able to function better and maybe hiring more ppl to pickup the load.

One thing along with guild capital ships, is open space area for pvp combat and non-rail system. I'm not asking for a completely open space system that goes on forever but a place to navigate and just explore that side of the game rather than be stuck on the ground, when you say star wars... what is the first thing you think about "Space Battles and space ship stuff right" i'm not sure but I think its the word "Star" maybe lmao that gives it away what do you think, but again thanks for being cool and I remember you from other posts :)