Obsidian wants to make KotOR 3

LadyKulvax

Isn't that kind of what the Emperor is doing in TOR before JK comes along with the help of Scourge to stop him? Creating wounds to form echoes that ultimately coalesce into a single event that drains everything? At least, that's one possibility of what's happening in the JK storyline.

I'd love to see an Obsidian-made KoToR 3. Hell, I'd be happy with a remake of the second game that has the cut content from the released version. I thought Obsidian did a much better job overall with the franchise, despite the bugs and missing content.

The KoToR 2 remake may never come into fruition, but I can only hope otherwise.

Edited by LieutenantCole

• 2 months later...
They can easily tie the game in with SWTOR.

Hell if they wanted they could make it a separate expansion to SWTOR, EVE does that all the time.

Or they could do something extremely logical: Make a KOTOR 3, with it being a sequel to KOTOR I and II and a prequel to TOR.

Or they could do something extremely logical: Make a KOTOR 3, with it being a sequel to KOTOR I and II and a prequel to TOR.

So... The Revan Novel. Just, less Karpyshyn.

Also, nice Necro.

Also, they can't do it now because EA/Bioware own the IP for Star Wars...

Edited by Selenial

I'd love to see an Obsidian-made KoToR 3. Hell, I'd be happy with a remake of the second game that has the cut content from the released version. I thought Obsidian did a much better job overall with the franchise, despite the bugs and missing content.

The KoToR 2 remake may never come into fruition, but I can only hope otherwise.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened already. I expected a "KOTOR Legendary edition" to be released by now. With both KOTOR 1 & 2, a graphics boost (like they did God of War chains of Olympus), New content that fills in the gaps on pt2, achievements, etc.

They gotta know this would sell more than GTA 5 did..

I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened already. I expected a "KOTOR Legendary edition" to be released by now. With both KOTOR 1 & 2, a graphics boost (like they did God of War chains of Olympus), New content that fills in the gaps on pt2, achievements, etc.

They gotta know this would sell more than GTA 5 did..

I would buy the hell outta that, make it like they did with the Devil May Cry special edition for 360 with the first 3 games on it, much better graphics, achievements, I would actually play my 360 again. Maybe include some things like what happened to Carth, Bastilla, and Jolee. The only thing I hated was the way the Jedi robes looked in KotOR I and how damn impossible it was to get a cyan crystal in KotOR II.

I say let em make it! But tell a new story in a different time. Say 2000-3000 years after KOTOR. That way it won't overlap anything in TOR timeline.

First, it wouldn't be KOTOR if it was set so late that there was no relation to KOTOR I/II storylines.

Second, I don't see why they should worry about stepping on Bioware's toes. It's not like Bioware givesadam about storyline development, after all - an entire expansion is going to be released without so much as a sliver of story development, and we're never going to get any more character storylines either.

Erm... no.... they just made Fallout: New Vegas you know a series that a load of those people made at Black isle studio.

Oh no I see now, they wish they had been bought by Bethesda, but they have a $3 Million kickstarter game coming up.... I stand corrected.

Obsidian Entertainment would love to do Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3 in any fashion, according to lead writer Chris Avellone.

Not a prayer. EA has an exclusive deal with Disney for Star Wars video games and EA owns Bioware. Obsidian isn't going to touch a Star Wars for a long, long time....if ever.

How do you think KotOR 3 would work, would it replace The Old Republic: Revan and re-tell the story in a very expanded tone or would it be based on something entirely different?

They aren't going to do a KOTOR 3 and they definitely aren't going to re-write the story of what has happened in this game. That makes absolutely no sense. Give it up....KOTOR 3 isn't going to happen.

I concur with the majority of things discussed in this thread. Would love a new KOTOR of any kind really, but if EA is involved in the rights to something its pretty much done. Probably why most of the BioWare team left EA, they kill good teams. That aside who knows maybe well all get a surprise someday, I sincerely hope so.

• 8 months later...

delete of old post and edit:

Oh I see. It's fan fiction and a lawsuit in the making or a scam. So many feels in so few minutes...Joy when I thought it was obsidion, sorrow when I though ea had given the game to some in house unknowns, bleh when I realized that it was fanfic at best....

Edited by errant_knight