Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

I was a little worried that you were going to start calling the community team your own personal speeder bike. ;)

"Coming in 1.5, we've introduced a new line of speeders!

The Joveth Rocket - This bike comfortably seats two and includes dual speakers to broadcast your favorite tune as you hog the GTN terminal!

The Windspeed Woods - Need to go faster? This speeder increases movement speed by over 9000%!"

Maybe ;)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so if this community team is really here to listen and do something for the community...listen up!

We really need transfers!

Put 1.3 on hold and have the whole dev team just work on that.

I plan to be here until the end, but even I'm wondering why I should continue to pay $15/month for a single player RPG?

"It's coming" "We are working hard on it" does not give the community hope...deadlines do.

Of course the response will be "we'll tell you when we can tell you." In the mean time, the un-sub counter keeps rising cause the community has nothing to look forward to, except, "checks in the mail! No really it is!"

We're very aware that this is the top issue facing the community right now and rest assured that the teams are working on launching this when it is ready. It's definitely one of our priorities, but we want to make sure that it is fully functional and ready before it goes live. This is why you're going to be seeing a lot of "soon"s and "we're working on it".

In sum: we are listening and character transfers are our priority.

too little too late, not much community left to manage tbh

so many things that should have been there and handled better at the start not at the start of the end

The game is only 6 months in and is making a profit so no it's not to late

It really remains to be seen whether this will have positive impacts if *any* impacts what so ever. We aren't guaranteed the kind of communication that the game really needs simply because they came out and threw a few names at us. While it looks good, and could end up being something that the game can really use, we may want to give it a few weeks before we crown it as the saviour of the game.

I'm expecting to read "coming soon" a lot more often, and thats about it, but we shall see.

So what communication does this game really need? Release dates? If it's not ready to be released, there is no release date. Simple as that. The only answer IS "coming soon". The features are coming, they are. ^_^

There are a lot of people on threads complaining "there is no community", "they don't talk to us", "they don't hear us", on and on. And here they are, telling them more about themselves, putting names (and maybe faces) to many community related aspects of this game, and posting with us, interacting, having fun! I made a thread asking for a forum and blog post just like this one and I am personally ECSTATIC about this. :)

Can you please pass back to the development team the line 'we are not ready to talk about that' does not inspire confidence.

I'll give one example where better communication could have saved a lot of hassel, the look of armour. The community found the ott armour look to be a bit lame, ugly or naff. But because feedback was only sort way too late into the development Stephen had to come on the forums and say we are listening but because its a long process you wont see any changes and the current armour in the pipe line will still look lame, ugly or naff.

If the communication process had been started right from the begining then the art team wouldn't be waisting their time with armour nobody likes the look off.

So where does that leave us going forward. Take Species. We know more will be added in the next 6 months but you aren't ready to talk about them. Don't you think it would be a good idea to both talk about them with the players so the art team can work on species people want. And also have a better time line that in the next 6 months. So far TORs track record has been very bad on time lines if its promised to be out in 2012 its late decemeber. If the aim of a feature is in one month it gets pushed back a couple. If something should have been in at lauch it comes out in patch 1.2

It seems player feedback is left too late and deadlines are never hit. Not great things for inspiring confidence that TOR will become the game players hope it will.

Edited by Costello

We're very aware that this is the top issue facing the community right now and rest assured that the teams are working on launching this when it is ready. It's definitely one of our priorities, but we want to make sure that it is fully functional and ready before it goes live. This is why you're going to be seeing a lot of "soon"s and "we're working on it".

Ok thanks for responding and listening!

Thanks for the update. Some of us appreciate any information you guys provide regarding the team behind the game. Regardless of the haters, it is nice to learn about the team and what goes on behind the scenes. Welcome new community team!

Listen folks, If you're going to be incredibly rude and break any of our forum rules, you're going to have a bad time. [insert meme image]

We're going to respond to things that we can actually respond to.

Outside of interviews that have been given, any of our news articles and our weekly Q&As, I honestly do not have any new information as of right now other than what I just posted. When we do have new information we'll share it with you.

Well, at least this game actually has an active official Community Team - not like the forbidden game.

As for transfers, we won't need them if people would just come online and play the game. -.- That's what I'd call a community.

Terentatek ftw.

Oh and btw., you're kinda hot Allison. Another plus for a Woman playing Juggernaut. ^^

Erm ok, I should go back ingame and stop getting this off-topic. :D

Listen folks, If you're going to be incredibly rude and break any of our forum rules, you're going to have a bad time. [insert meme image]

We're going to respond to things that we can actually respond to.

Outside of interviews that have been given, any of our news articles and our weekly Q&As, I honestly do not have any new information as of right now other than what I just posted. When we do have new information we'll share it with you.

One of my gripes is that we have to rely on outside sources for information (twitter, PC Gamer, etc).

Is it one of your goals to make sure that all the new info that hits outside sources also is distributed here?

Gosh man some people on these forums are RUDE!

Come on guys, i'm sure we can have more civility than this!

They're not the development, they don't know EVERYTHING that is going on behind the scenes, so why not get the insight they do have?

How come we, the community, are flaming them for things that are out of their control?!

Some people really need to put things perspective. These are people working on the Bioware team, not robots, they have feelings like anyone else. Don't bully them because your expectations of what should and should not be told are not met.

Hello

Just popping in to say not everyone in the community is full of bile. There are those who not only love SWTOR but still have faith in Bioware and the future of the game.

Thank you for the introductions and I look forward to seeing how this will aid in future development.

Cheers

Joveth the problem I think many are having with this at the moment is that the changes are taking far too long. Every day we wait it makes things worse and worse for some servers.

I'm only able to talk about what I am experiencing on Lord Adraas at the moment but...

We struggle in non-prime time to get 8 people into a Warzone on the Republic side. We usually get 7. The Imperials are constantly, and I do mean 24/7 it seems, running around with multiple groups, usually premades. Not only do they get to PVP with us, but they get to PVP with others.

As one poster, in a concerns thread who plays Imperial on Lord Adraas said:

"When we know there are PUGs queuing up we yell "Pugs!" in the general because we all know it means free win."

The Imps, on our server, can gear up far faster than we can. This leads to a disparity. I feel BioWare has to do something to address the disparity that the weeks and weeks of imbalance has caused. What I want to know is what, if anything, you are going to do to even things out.

Edit:

To add...

This isn't an issue of saying "Give us server transfers now!" because I know that isn't possible. However this is an issue of "We need something for the weeks and weeks of population imbalance that has now lead to a gear imbalance that even server transfers won't fix."

I mean I've queued up (and summarily been stomped in) dozens of matches that were (and remained) 6 v 8. Where we were pugs against premades and as one of the people being told I have to wait until 1.3 it hurts. Why should I continue to play and play as an extreme underdog when doing so only serves to make my enemies even stronger?

I think the people who do this should get something for all of our suffering. A bonus package of commendations to make up for it? A few pieces of gear to even out the gear disparity? Something.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh

Nice initiative, it will be a good thing to actually have a dialogue rather than the canned responses we have become accustomed to. Kick that slacker Chris up the bum and get him to introduce his crew to us EU types:p

It would be nice to see you guys actively joining in the forum discussions also (although I know that can be damned tricky as people love to twist and deliberately misread even the most carefully worded posts).

Also, thankyou for taking my spoof sketch thread on the forum today 'The Bioware and the dead server sketch' for what it is (just a bit of fun) and not sending it to moderator hell:D

• Dev Post
Will you mostly be using twitter or the forums for communication

We always want to make sure information reaches players on outlets that are convenient for them, and that means we'll continue to use a variety of outlets to get information out there, BUT we do want to make sure news and important information is represented on all our official outlets - that means the forums, our blog, and our social media pages. We'll continue blogs like our Q&A, which takes questions directly from the forums, and we'll always work to get information to you here.

This doesn't mean that there won't ever be exclusive info on press sites, but we will always work to make sure that players can get important game information and news, no matter where you choose to look.

Kick that slacker Chris up the bum and get him to introduce his crew to us EU types:p

He just did! The French team and the German team!

It would be nice to see you guys actively joining in the forum discussions also (although I know that can be damned tricky as people love to twist and deliberately misread even the most carefully worded posts).

That's what we're aiming to do :)

Edited by JovethGonzalez