[EMP] <Failure> LFM for HM/NiM Progression

Stippling

<FAILURE>

<Failure> was founded in June 2013 from a small band of friends and has since launched into one of the most distinguished guilds on the Bastion server. We consider ourselves a hardcore raiding guild without the attitudes and elitism associated with it, and currently run an extremely skilled raid group through top tier content with great success. Our guild also partakes in PvP, and our community of warzone enthusiasts is always on the rise. We also have an enjoyable community of casual players, and do not bar players who do not necessarily share our hardcore philosophies from being a part of our guild. Regardless of your background, Failure probably has what you’re looking for!

Essential Information:

Server: 'The Bastion'

Faction: Empire

Officers: Stippling, Scarello, Ranek, Jadenth

Mumble Information: Available Upon Request

Expectations:

What we expect from our raiders:

• Mastery of your class with a tireless desire to improve.
  • Near 100% raid attendance with the ability to communicate absences ahead of time.
  • Fully augmented gear min-maxed with all the best mods you have access to.
  • Proper utilization of your classes specs – ability to adjust talent points on the fly boss-by-boss.
  • Able to use and speak in Mumble.
  • Ability to download and run Parsec/StarParse depending on group preference.
  • Drama free.

What our raiders can expect from us:

• Affordable health care: Repair allowance for raiding.
  • Membership Discounts: Market discount on all materials; stockpile of free raid consumables available to all raiders..
  • Enjoyable atmosphere: Progression orientation without the elitist, cutthroat nature of typical end-game guilds.
  • To be removed from raid and/or phased out of the raid group if your performance is not up to par.

Raid Group 1:

Raid Nights: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 7-10 PM server time with Sun/Mon (7-10) as a backup day.

Recruitment Contacts: Stippling and Scarello

Raid Group 2:

Raid Nights: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6-9 PM server time.

Recruitment Contacts: Trythack

Raid Group 3:

Raid Nights: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday 7:00-10:00 PM server time.

Recruitment Contacts: Kid'buu and Jadenth

Raid Group 4:

Raid Nights: Friday 10:30pm-12:30am server AND Saturday, Sunday 10:00pm-2am server/PST

Recruitment Contacts: Starbird, Sevenfaced

Raid Group 5:

Raid Nights: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, 7-10 PM server time

Recruitment Contacts: Quan-chi

FAQ:

Q: Why is your guild called Failure, and why would I want to be in a guild called Failure?

A: Failure was initially used as the name of a “secret society” (jerks in a private channel) in another guild, founded by players who were tired of raiding with “failures”. The irony in the name added to the charm, in that we knew we were skilled players and did not need a tag with “hero”, “elite”, or “good at this game” to know we had talent. So when the time came to create our own guild, the name <Failure> stuck.

If having a tag with the name <Failure> troubles you, odds are you are not for us. We require a certain level of humility and humor in our guildmates, and those who are not confident enough to sport a sardonic designation probably are lacking in skill anyhow. Fear not, <Super Elite Playerbase of Awesome, Talented Handsome Raiders> is probably recruiting, and they all probably suck.

Q: What is your loot policy? Loot council? Kell Dragon Kill Points? All loot for Stippling?

A: The last one. We as a guild have determined that Stippling is deserving of all the loot, and therefore receives every piece. Not buying it? Damn. Well how about this…

Our loot policy is one of simplicity. Basically, one token-based loot item per instance per week, earned based upon successful need rolls. When a piece becomes more commonplace (first boss drops, etc.) this restriction will be removed from that item in order to encourage the remaining players to grab these pieces without penalty. All offshoot, non-token pieces (Shadowed, Oriconian, etc.) is essentially main spec free rolls. If no main spec needs, we will greed roll or need roll to rip mods (cross-class enhancements). New members have exactly the same rights as old raiders, and we share the wealth as best as we can. Oftentimes people will pass gear to other raiders who will benefit more from the item, though those cases are up to the individuals and not required.

Trial raiders who have not yet committed to the guild, as well as non-core raiders filling in may be asked to pass on any piece that is needed by a member of the core, though have free reign on non-token pieces as anyone in the raid would.

Q: Who is the guild leader?

A: While I (Stippling) am the guild leader, all officers share equal voice in the decision-making process and and speak with the same weight that I do.

Similarly, each raid member is an important voice in decisions regarding raid strategies, calling raids early, etc. We function as a team, and each officer knows that they are not all-knowing savants incapable of error. Each person brings their own knowledge, skill, and biases to the table, and a culmination of all of these diversities is the only true way to make fair and beneficial decisions.

Q: If I have a complaint regarding one of your members, who do I contact?

A: If one of our members has taken part in a dishonest act (loot ninja, intentionally wiping groups, general douchery, etc.) or has indirectly caused you or one of your guild members harm, do not hesitate to contact us with your concerns. Either whisper me (Stippling) in-game or contact me via in-game mail and I will do my best to sort through and alleviate any apprehensions you might have. My alts are also listed in my signature if the situation is urgent and I am on an alt.

Edited by Stippling

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What times do you guys raid? I'm one of the Main Tanks from Diabolic looking for a new home with the recent decision from my guild to close up shop.

Our current raid times are pending as we are still trying to formulate our main raiding group and available times (hard to do without that main tank), but we tend to raid in the evenings anywhere from 7:00-9:00 server time, week nights and weekends. Once we polish our core we can adjust and set raid times conducive to the availability of the core.

Edited by Stippling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cleaned up and updated to show where we stand. Would love to find another competent offtank who is willing to DPS at times. Also very much willing to bring in talented players who are either, a.) not geared, or b.) not available to do hardmode content at the listed times. We want to start up a second hardmode group in the near future, as well as simply expand our community with talented, friendly folks.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently seeking ONE (1) active and skilled DPS player interested in a trial HM/NiM run with us this coming week. Can lead to more consistent raiding afterwards!

Have a raider unavailable this week and in need of a team player looking to run with us semi-regularly. Would start as an alternate position and can quickly move to a main, central role.

I got a juggernaut dps (vengeance) thats almost full 72s with 3000 str and 1200 power and a marauder dps thats almost full 72s as well. LMK if your interested, I just left my other guild and i'm lookin for a new one.

Sorry for the delayed response. Been hectic here lately. If you're still interested in joining, contact Stippling in-game and/or go to our website and fill out an app if you're looking to start on a good foot.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated main post to reflect current needs.

With the new school year rolling around, we are inevitably going to lose a bit of activity among some of our raiders (including myself on certain occasions). Therefore we are currently seeking ONE (1) versatile DPS player, be it ranged or melee, in all or mostly 72 gear interested in being rotated into the fold for NiM progression raiding. If you are a hybrid class, experience and gear with tanking/healing is a plus.

Please contact Stippling, Sumii, or Ranek in-game, post an application on our website, and/or simply reply to this thread.

Thanks, and we hope you will be a failure soon!

• 2 weeks later...
We currently need a Jugg or PT tank. Send tell to Grimsalt/Brekk or Stippling.

This is very much the case. We are completely looking for a tank able to raid Tues/Wed/Thur (Mondays would be great too), who has skill but may or may not have the gear. Full 69s minimum, willing to gear out the player if they fit with our playstyle and do not totally suck.

When in doubt, just message someone! We're pretty accommodating!

Greetings,

<Failure> is currently looking for players to begin a second 8m raid group, one that would raid weekends (most likely Saturday/Sunday). We are currently looking to fill out the group with DPS and to begin our trek into HM clears. I encourage any and every interested player to contact either myself, Grimsalt, or an officer in-game, or to post an application on our website (with clarification that it is for the second hardmode ops group).

We are interested in skilled players who may or may not have experience or gear.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to reflect current needs.

Looking to recruit ONE (1) ranged DPS (Sorcerer or Sniper) interested in HM Dread Fortress/Palace progression in a consistent raid spot. If a sorcerer, gear and experience as an offspec healer is encouraged!

• 3 weeks later...