Remove the rakghoul plague now

Ok, since I haven't done the event, please correct me if I'm wrong. The way I see it, if I got infected and I don't want to pay for an antidote, all I have to do is:

1) wait for 1 hour and explode (which I guess must have a cool animation).

2) FREE penalty resurrect on the same spot.

3) Collect the dna and sell each for 20k on market.

Is that it? Then why are people complaining about it?

I am waiting for this answer too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope; simply expressing my chagrin at being dragged into something I wished to avoid.

Again, I do not mind the RP storyline, and those that wish to go play PvP. But using the Safe areas of the Fleet to spoil my solo PvE play seems to be unjust.

Or do those that wish to avoid others because of actions like this not have the same right to an opinion?

If you want solo pve, don't play an mmo.

I agree it is absolutely ridiculous. The debuff needs to be removed upon loading into the fleet at a minimum.

Fresh level 10s off their starter world can't afford the 2k for the serum. Just that simple. So now, your quest is impeding the gameplay of others. Others who might have otherwise continued to play but now this is the impression they have of the game. Get it?

BTW, Howdy Kallas. Ciks from SS.

So they 'splode, then go sell the DNA and then they can afford many vaccines. I don't see the problem? It's easy free creds for new players and introduces them to the fact that events that impact normal gameplay happen.

Nope; simply expressing my chagrin at being dragged into something I wished to avoid.

Again, I do not mind the RP storyline, and those that wish to go play PvP. But using the Safe areas of the Fleet to spoil my solo PvE play seems to be unjust.

Or do those that wish to avoid others because of actions like this not have the same right to an opinion?

What solo PvE is available on the Fleet? If you want to avoid it, then go participate in the game, not standign in a social hub that you know is going to gather people together to infect each other for currency.

I'm amazed at the QQ. Vaccine's easy to come by and buyable in quantity if needed. I even had two Imps try and blow themselves up on me on Eidolon, LOL.

It's what always makes me roll my eyes. People take a world event as the end of the world, and it isn't.

Because we may not have had the info on hand? Because we die frequently enough already that we use the Med Transports as shuttles? Because we did not ask to play PvP in a Safe Zone; nor were asked to join; simply were infected as someone else's play target?

Not fun for me....

Get over it. It's an MMO. World Events happen. If you want to complain about it, go PvE, no one is keeping you on Fleet.

Fresh level 10s off their starter world can't afford the 2k for the serum. Just that simple. So now, your quest is impeding the gameplay of others. Others who might have otherwise continued to play but now this is the impression they have of the game. Get it?

And then the poor lvl 10 sells his five dna for 50k and everyone is happy

How many of you that are against this event are from SWG?

I think there's a trend.

Quarentine Zone was an abomination.... Maybe it's about time bioware realised they're developing for a Star Wars game not WOW or some piss poor zombie BS rip-off title. Rubbish quest and for a first content update??

I bet the devs play WOW constantly just because they're so bereft of any actual Star Wars knoweledge or ideas/input.

Hey do remember that bit in the movies with all the zombies and aliens affecting people with a disease?? no I don't either.... the only infection here is the disease that BW are pushing on Star Wars fans.

Edited by Caspian_Rho

Awesome event, where from my point had both Republic and Imperials having fun. Even had cross faction assistance to kill stuff and patience as people did their questing. I have a feeling that for those PVP servers, there was some good old fashion world fighting, as there was some here on my server.

I see it as a fun time for all. Sorta had many players actually doing stuff in the same area instead of wondering *** everyone is.

Sure, there is a 'free' cure - if your character can get to Tatooine to get it. What I don't appreciate are the players who are traveling to starter worlds and infecting new characters who have neither 2000 creds nor a way to the free cure (remember, not every low level character is an alt). That is just being a jerk.

If you want to infect people, at least choose ones who can get the cure. That's not QQ, that's common decency.

I cant imagine Bioware set this up to be expensive. They did wanna have a epidemic spread through out the galaxy. So many folks wanted the STATIC workd to be more lively and when they do something unusual and fun you complain... I jusy stayed off the station. I am now watching baseball so im logged out so i will miss it completely...

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

Go in a warzone and get killed, it cures it. Warzone was were I got infected, died and it went.

Then those players should go ASK the other person if they mind. Just because there's a quest does not mean one should run around infecting people who don't want to participate: go find people who WANT to participate. It's called courtesy, it's not that hard of a concept to understand.
Then you'd have them waiting around for 30 minutes for you to pop. Yeah, that's simply not happening.

The mission is designed in a way that promotes this type of activity. It's intentional. It's a plague.

So now, your quest is impeding the gameplay of others.

Sorry I don't understand how this impedes anyone's game play. I have not yet logged in but as I understand it you may be killed, rez on the spot and have something to sell on the GTN, with no death penalty. Also a level 10 can afford 2k for 6 hours immunity, sorry, and in that 6 hours you will earn another 10k.

Edited by mothear

Quarentine Zone was an abomination.... Maybe it's about time bioware realised they're developing for a Star Wars game not WOW or some piss poor zombie BS rip-off title. Rubbish quest and for a first content update??

I bet the devs play WOW constantly just because they're so bereft of any actual Star Wars knoweledge or input.

Hey do remeber that bit in the movies with all the zombies and aliens affecting people with a disease?? no I don't either.... the only infection here is the disease that BW are pushing on Star Wars fans.

Remember that part in the movies where the Old Repub---OHWAIT NO you didn't because this is set a few thousand years before the movies!!

Hey do remeber that bit in the movies with all the zombies and aliens affecting people with a disease?? no I don't either.... the only infection here is the disease that BW are pushing on Star Wars fans.

Hey, remember that bit where EVERYTHING from the EU wasn't in the movies!? Yea, me neither.

Just sit back and enjoy some exploding goodness.

I am going to fleet with all my characters and blowing up tonight! DNA's that sell for 20K a piece? HELLLLOOO!

Also, I don't know the quest details and I am on a 12 hour shift here at work (5 hours left) can anyone give me the details?

Do they sell to venders at that price?

Remember that part in the movies where the Old Repub---OHWAIT NO you didn't because this is set a few thousand years before the movies!!

I remember Rhakghouls from KoTOR though, nasty and EXACTLY LIKE THIS IN EVERY WAY.

BioWare is re-upping something they created. No harm done to me.

If you want solo pve, don't play an mmo.

I see. So my investment into the same game to play as I wish is not as worth as much because it differs from others. Got it.

Nice to see that other opinions besides the one's owned personally have no merit unless they match.

I remember Rhakghouls from KoTOR though, nasty and EXACTLY LIKE THIS IN EVERY WAY.

BioWare is re-upping something they created. No harm done to me.

You are making way too much sense for these forums. I like you.

I see. So my investment into the same game to play as I wish is not as worth as much because it differs from others. Got it.

Nice to see that other opinions besides the one's owned personally have no merit unless they match.

Wrong dude. We are saying if you want to PvE and not deal with World Events, GO PVE! Play the game the way you want to play it, don't stand around fleet like a drone.

Hey, remember that bit where EVERYTHING from the EU wasn't in the movies!? Yea, me neither.

Just sit back and enjoy some exploding goodness.

If this was a filler update down the line I'd be a bit more accomodating. As a first one that isn't set squarely within Star Wars Tales of the Jedi/old Republic era (the proper era, not BW spewfest), irks me considerably.

Edited by Caspian_Rho

Nice to see Bioware blatantly copying a superior MMO.

I did the Wrath event, was one of my favorites. This one's not nearly as bad- you don't turn into a rakghoul when the disease runs it's course- just explode in a mess and infect anything not vaccinated nearby.

Towards the end of the zombie event, I was part of the last line of defense for the last healer in Stormwind, and we'd end up with armies of plague zombies trying to finally finish the city off and leave it a death zone. Epic. And of course there were hordes of people whining.

About the game being different for a few days. About getting infected. About not being able to do the same thing they'd been grinding for months before and would for months afterwards.

People like predictable, mindless, always-the-same. It's kinda pathetic, IMHO. MMO's are at their best when they do things like this and utterly upset the apple cart for a week or so.

Enjoy the mayhem the devs have created while it lasts, before the people who prefer to complain endlessly try to insure it never happens again.

Then you'd have them waiting around for 30 minutes for you to pop. Yeah, that's simply not happening.

The mission is designed in a way that promotes this type of activity. It's intentional. It's a plague.

It does not matter whether you think it's intentional or not. It is simply a matter of courtesy to ensure that the other people actually want to participate in that aspect of the game or world event that way everyone is enjoying themselves and having fun instead of just you having fun at their expense.

See, the problem is many many many people payed the same investment to play in this game too. If you want 100% control over your investment go play a single player game.