Huttball Championships - Bounty Hunters vs Droids

Beniboybling

Oh, shoot, I must have missed that one of them was Boba. :p

My view is thusly flawed.

Your right, Boba isn't in this. He's services were bought by another client offering better rates...

But concerning your scenario, one flaw: on death players respawn. So essentially this is not a one man standing scenario. Also remember that Cad Bane can use his jetpacks to effectively oribitally bombard the ball area.

Your right, Boba isn't in this. He's services were bought by another client offering better rates...

But concerning your scenario, one flaw: on death players respawn. So essentially this is not a one man standing scenario. Also remember that Cad Bane can use his jetpacks to effectively oribitally bombard the ball area.

Oh, so we're doing a literal Huttball scenario? Wow. M'kay, I don't know how that would turn out, then.

ok, I didn't read all of the posts, but I noticed one thing: You are playing a deathmatch. Huttball is NO deathmatch. You can crush any member as many times as you want, he will respawn.

I suggest another scenario (at least the beginning of it): Bane is fast. He will be able to get to mid first and takes the ball. By passing fast and using their jetpacks, Bane and Boba can avoid the firetraps and have a chance of making the first score. (Are they allowed to use jetpacks with the ball now?)

After that it will be tricky, because IG-88 may decide to simply control mid. This will make it hard for the Bounty hunters to make another score again.

First question: Can the Bounty Hunters set up a reasonable defense to prevent the droids to make a quick 1-1 while Bane and Boba are yet at the other goalline? (This is what I usually see in Huttball matches. A quick 1-1 and after that both teams have at least 2 persons at mid which are blocking each other.)

Second question: Can the Bounty Hunters defend their side for say... 10 minutes?

Additional question: Does T3 (and IG) have to be close to the firetrap to slice it, or can they do it from anywhere in the pit?

I think the droids are superior in direct combat. With their better mobility options the Bounty Hunters have more ways to make a point. I still think the droids will make it, but they need to send the "hitters" to the respawn zone and defend mid at the same time (and they have only one IG).

EDIT: Made the same mistake as Wolfninjajedi. Boba isn't in here. Bane might have a hard job at the beginning but I still see the bounty hunters making a score in the first two minutes.

Edited by Mathemagica

EDIT: Made the same mistake as Wolfninjajedi. Boba isn't in here. Bane might have a hard job at the beginning but I still see the bounty hunters making a score in the first two minutes.

You mean Yoshi. :p Also no, Boba/Bane can't use their jets to move with the ball...their jets have been rather limited here.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

First question: Can the Bounty Hunters set up a reasonable defense to prevent the droids to make a quick 1-1 while Bane and Boba are yet at the other goalline? (This is what I usually see in Huttball matches. A quick 1-1 and after that both teams have at least 2 persons at mid which are blocking each other.)

Second question: Can the Bounty Hunters defend their side for say... 10 minutes?

Additional question: Does T3 (and IG) have to be close to the firetrap to slice it, or can they do it from anywhere in the pit?

I think the droids are superior in direct combat. With their better mobility options the Bounty Hunters have more ways to make a point. I still think the droids will make it, but they need to send the "hitters" to the respawn zone and defend mid at the same time (and they have only one IG).

Good point about jetpacks/rockets, which may I make clear they cannot use when holding the ball, but can use to jump up/across platforms and for general movement when not holding the ball.

Sing and Bane will likely double team for a score, they are both very fast. Bane because of his rocket boosters and Sing because of her Force enhanced abilities i.e. Force leap etc. However IG-88 is very fast to and will be able to easily move around the Pit and probably reach them at the same time. So we need to ask ourselves: can Sing and Boba defeat/stun/get past IG-88? As for your questions:

1. Possibly, Bossk and Hanharr will be left to defend against a possibly stunned IG-88 - who will likely quickly recover. They won't last long though. However counter question: can Sing and Bane evade/defeat and incoming PROXY and HK?

2. Against say, a charging IG-88 or PROXY? Well Sing can snipe, with the possibility of knocking them of course, and Bane with his jetpacks and move quickly around the arena and reach optimal positions.

3. Only astromechs can slice, and in order to do so they have to hack into the Pit's systems at the base of the Huttball holder in the center of the arena. Which leaves them exposed.

I think to pull of a sure win, the BHs need to keep IG-88 out of action. Destroying him will be difficult, but Aurra Sing might be able to keep him occupied if she uses her lightsabers. We also need to consider how the mercenaries will fare about B2 battle droids and vice versa, and they will be instrumental to controlling the middle and providing cover fire and support.

I don't think arguing different scenarios is very constructive. If one team scores via one scenario, there's still time on the clock for things to get turned around, seeing as players respawn. The best thing to do is probably just take the teams at face value, see their strengths and weaknesses, teamwork, special abilities, and scoring capability.

I'm not sure why T3 was put in this if all he's going to do is sit in mid and be a drag on the rest of the team. Besides, what's he gonna do with the hazards? The fire pits leading to the droid's goal constantly on? Sure, great. But after that? There's nothing for him to do.

More likely, T3 will become the tank. T7 gives us a good idea of how effective T3 can be as a tank. He has shields, the best (upgraded) armor credits can buy, he's hard to knock off his feet, and a small target. If protected by PROXY, who could easily turn into a Droid Repair Probe (or something similar) and covered by IG-88 and HK-47, there we have:

Tank = T3

Healer = PROXY

DPS = HK-47 & IG-88

Perfect scoring team.

And if T3 does turn off the fire pits leading to the Bounty Hunter's goal, they'll have a straight shot.

I don't think arguing different scenarios is very constructive. If one team scores via one scenario, there's still time on the clock for things to get turned around, seeing as players respawn. The best thing to do is probably just take the teams at face value, see their strengths and weaknesses, teamwork, special abilities, and scoring capability.

I'm not sure why T3 was put in this if all he's going to do is sit in mid and be a drag on the rest of the team. Besides, what's he gonna do with the hazards? The fire pits leading to the droid's goal constantly on? Sure, great. But after that? There's nothing for him to do.

More likely, T3 will become the tank. T7 gives us a good idea of how effective T3 can be as a tank. He has shields, the best (upgraded) armor credits can buy, he's hard to knock off his feet, and a small target. If protected by PROXY, who could easily turn into a Droid Repair Probe (or something similar) and covered by IG-88 and HK-47, there we have:

Tank = T3

Healer = PROXY

DPS = HK-47 & IG-88

Perfect scoring team.

And if T3 does turn off the fire pits leading to the Bounty Hunter's goal, they'll have a straight shot.

Well actually IG-88 is pretty much a tank/dps all in one. Dat impressive armor! Well that...unless, I am mistaken he also does have shields, that are impervious to lightsabers.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/29/Energy_Shield.jpg

But then I dunno how accurate that picture is, though its interesting that he even is shown having. But anyway without shielding, he too is pretty much a tank/dps hybrid.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

'The Mighty Giradda the Hutt declares the Droids today's winners and praises their, uh, voracious talent!'

In a decisive victory the Droids triumphed over the underworld scum, combining tactical ingenuity with exceptional skills to outmaneuver and outclass the Bounty Hunters at every turn. Stay tuned for the next match - were the Rebel Alliance will be going head to head with the Separatists!

:csw_jabba: