Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Whenever I come onto the forums, this thread has always been posted on last. Come on, BW said they're doing it so everyone chill! This thread has gone on for a very long time, and nothing you say here will make it come faster! Same-sex relationships are coming- the end.

I'd like to believe that, but if it were that simple, I don't get why in any of the previous Q&A's or the Live Stream they couldn't have the simple Q&A : Q: "Are SGRs still happening? it's been a while since we've heard anything." A: "Yes, it's still in the works, please be patient, that's all we can share now!" OR maybe even, if not, "It's not something we're currently working on....but we'll keep it under discussion for future updates".

I've seen several popular subjects be brought up and answered, even this vaguely multiple times but for whatever reason they are really dodging this one lately. That's what's bugging everyone.

Maybe there is a really good reason why they've been silent and when the news comes around we'll be like, "oooh ok, I can understand why now" but that's a pretty big assumption.

Edited by chuixupu

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I come onto the forums, this thread has always been posted on last. Come on, BW said they're doing it so everyone chill! This thread has gone on for a very long time, and nothing you say here will make it come faster! Same-sex relationships are coming- the end.

If you don't like us talking about the subject in your Story and Lore board, petition the Bioware mods to move the thread. You don't have to read this thread if you don't want to and I won't begrudge you for not doing so, it IS long, after all.

However, I would suggest that you not come into this thread and tell us to shut up. It's not appreciated, especially considering that's all we're getting from everyone else (Bioware included) at the moment.

And, for the umpteenth time:

We are asking BIOWARE if they still intend to release this content as per their company's inclusive policy, with regards to the changes made to the company since launch and the proximity of the end of the year and Daniel Erickson's statement that SGRA's would be coming "this year".

If you think we should stop talking about this in your Story and Lore board, you might also want to ask Bioware to give us information so we can stop beating the blood-stain that once may or may not have resembled a horse.

Edited by Tatile

And the word "clarification" sails right over another head... the waiting would have gone a lot easier if they'd just told us if we need to abandon characters and/or conversations after a certain point, or keep playing. Are the people who gave up waiting and played to 50 out of luck? Do they have to reroll when it finally happens?

The scraps of information we were thrown by ex-employees gave us no idea on that front.

Edited by Palar

Has just been posted here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121204

It's kind of strange, if not funny, that they refer to the forums for feedback.... really?

"Hi everyone,

On November 15th we launched one of the biggest initiatives in our game since we opened the doors back in December of last year. Our new Free-to-Play option has allowed for many brand new and returning players to check out the changes that we’ve made to the game over the past year.

One of the most important things to us is to hear player feedback on their game experience. Our community team truly has an ear to the ground with community concerns and discussions and we often make changes based on player feedback.

When Game Update 1.5 hit Public Test Server (PTS), we listened to your concerns and we increased Quickbars from one to two for Free-to-Play Players, increased Warzones from three to five per week, and reduced the temporary bind on Cartel Market items.

We want you to know that this is an ongoing dialogue.

Recently, we’ve seen your feedback on some of the other aspects of our Free-to-Play option and once again, we are working to improve the experience for all of our players.

Starting today, Preferred Status Players will see an increase to their default Quickbars from two (2) to four (4). If you’ve already purchased additional Quickbars, don’t worry: we will be refunding your Cartel Coins for any Quickbar-related purchase.

Additionally, in an upcoming patch (no exact date yet, but players won’t have to wait long), Preferred Status Players will be given four (4) additional character slots, which means that they will have a total of six character slots. As always, Free-to-Play Players can reach Preferred Status simply by purchasing anything from our online store or purchasing a physical copy of the game.

Last but not least, I wanted to share the news that the 50 character limit on Global Active Characters for Subscribers will be removed and increased substantially in the same, aforementioned patch. If you wanted to, you can truly create your own army of Troopers or a legion of Sith Warriors.

Your feedback is critical to the success of TOR, and of special interest to us. Please, keep posting on the forums, Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.

Even if we can’t respond to every post, know that we’re listening and looking to enhance The Old Republic gameplay experience based on player feedback.

Thank you for reading,

Jeff Hickman

Executive Producer"

Has just been posted here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121204

It's kind of strange, if not funny, that they refer to the forums for feedback.... really?

Haha, yeah - at least they clarified the title to mean they wanted our guinea pig feedback for trying to bring in more money... I mean, people. (We're just the chumps who paid the last year, who cares what we think?)

Edited by Palar

It's Hickman being patronizing as usual. If they actually listened to and appreciated player feedback, they'd be more engaged with the PTS, rather than just slapping a patch preview up and sodding off.

Also the article only refers to feedback regarding the Free2Play and Preferred options, rather than discussing player feedback on the game itself. An important distinction, I feel, that demonstrates perfectly the problems that the community and Bioware have which each other.

nothing you say here will make it come faster

That is certainly self evident at this point. This is without a doubt the most requested, most asked about, and most talked about issue on the forums. Yet...

Come on, BW said they're doing it so everyone chill!

That's not really true. The better part of a year ago they said it might be coming but we've never gotten official confirmation that "Yes SGRA's are definitely on the way with [X] patch/update/content". I don't know where this idea that the devs have "addressed this multiple times" is coming from, the devs have barely ever said anything about.

Edited by Nozybidaj

In hindsight, I love this part the most...

Last but not least, I wanted to share the news that the 50 character limit on Global Active Characters for Subscribers will be removed and increased substantially in the same, aforementioned patch. If you wanted to, you can truly create your own army of Troopers or a legion of Sith Warriors.

Yes, I'd love that but I want them GAY, HOW ABOUT THAT!? :D

**delurks, bouncing off the walls***

*waves to Kioma* It's great seeing you around. You were one of my inspirations for creating the FAQ.

I know I wasn't going to post for a few days...but...but..

Lookie Lookie!

From Facebook

GLAAD

Hi Real Name,

I have passed this on to our Entertainment team, and they are looking into it.

Thanks!

It isn't much, but it's a huge leap forward guys!

Oh and welcome newcomers! We've been on an emailing campaign contacting GLAAD as well as other sources. Drop them an email or a Facebook message. The more people let GLAAD know their support, the more likely we are to get an answer.

Shoot, any answer would just about do at this point.

We may have fully gotten GLAAD's attention. I hate feeling this hopeful, but damnit, this is the best news we've had in a long time.

Edit: Might as well throw my message I sent in to GLAAD via Facebook:

Good evening,

I'm a member of the Same Gender Clarification thread in Star Wars: The Old Republic. I go by the handle Natashina and I helped write a FAQ for that thread.

Last year you guys helped get the LGBT ToR community get an answer about Same Gender Romance. As a member of that community, I'm coming to you for help.

I've sent an email already, so I'll keep this brief:

After Stephen Reid's announcement, the next update was at the ToR Guild Summit in March, stating that they were coming later this year. Since they, all employees that have come out for SGRs have left the company. No other official and public word has been given.

At this point, we just want an estimate as to when its coming or even if it's coming at all. We feel that perhaps some outside sources could help.

Thanks for you time,

My Real Name

Edited by natashina

And we only had to to a 3rd party after being ignored for 15 months... Thanks, BioWare.

Chin up! At least we've come this far. Make sure you send that email/Facebook off to GLAAD.

Unlike EAware, we know that GLAAD is listening. Sad that my one little FB message is literally all we've gotten since September of any kind of support whatsoever. September was lip service, and what they gave was just crumbs and old bones.

Besides, maybe now they'll get the backlash that's coming to them. Seriously EAware, it didn't have to come to this. :(

Let's be a little less gloomy in here and realize that someone gives a damn about us.

Again, not a miracle, but one helluva start. :D

Edited by natashina

**delurks, bouncing off the walls***

*waves to Kioma* It's great seeing you around. You were one of my inspirations for creating the FAQ.

Awh. You're so good to me. :3

Grats on getting GLAAD's attention! It'll be an interesting thing to see how far this has to go.

Awh. You're so good to me. :3

Grats on getting GLAAD's attention! It'll be an interesting thing to see how far this has to go.

You're welcome! I missed your cool head and articulate posts. :D

And thank you. I was sick of seeing everyone in here not only treated like they were invisible, but also just miserable. I was determined to say something about it.

I'd also like to thank the trolls that came in and laughed at us. Laughed at our anger and our pain.

They were the straw the broke the camel's neck (inside joke from Denver.) I decided that no one was going to care unless we made them care.

Laugh at a dyed-in-the-wool metal head, why don't you? An LGBT metal head at that. I had to carve out my own identity with two groups that generally don't get along.

Well, who's laughing now? Wait, the media wouldn't care at all about this? Adorable.

Thanks for laughing at us. You made me and some others stand up for ourselves.

I'll keep you guys posted. I wonder what JC's colleagues had to say?

Edited by natashina

Chin up! At least we've come this far. Make sure you send that email/Facebook off to GLAAD.

Unlike EAware, we know that GLAAD is listening. Sad that my one little FB message is literally all we've gotten since September of any kind of support whatsoever. September was lip service, and what they gave was just crumbs and old bones.

Besides, maybe now they'll get the backlash that's coming to them. Seriously EAware, it didn't have to come to this. :(

Let's be a little less gloomy in here and realize that someone gives a damn about us.

Again, not a miracle, but one helluva start. :D

I know - just needed a btter laugh at the thought things actually had to come to this. In a weird mood, thanks to the heat.

I know - just needed a btter laugh at the thought things actually had to come to this. In a weird mood, thanks to the heat.

Tell me about it. It's December and still in the 60s (F) here in the Rockies. After a rough year of tons of fires (my town where I was born almost went up in flames,) there's been a wildfire burning north of where I live. There should be a lot of snow/ melted snow by now. Odd moods due to weather I can completely understand.

I had a bitter laugh about this as well, but it was tinged with some schadenfreude. They really brought this on themselves. At least we're hopefully going to get some answers.

EAware needed to be pushed into this corner and reminded that they've gotten a little too high on their pedestal. A little too big for their britches, as my mom and grandma used to say.

Edited by natashina

I'm back to lurking a bit, since I am leery of getting too excited. If I get any other responses, I'll let you guys know.

You guys are the best. :)

Oh for the silent supporters and lurkers, please drop by GLAAD's Facebook page and toss them a message (not a wall post, since those tend to get buried.)

Or you can leave an email with GLAAD at http://www.glaad.org/contact

At least I have direct proof they are listening. The more people contact them, the better we'll be. :D

While I'm gone, please make sure to encourage others to do this!

Anyhow, I'll be reading and watching.

Edited by natashina

I'd throw my support in, but I don't really have much to say. A couple sentences seems like a waste.

**pops back in**

It wouldn't be a waste. Even a simple sentence or two would convey the message. You don't have to write an essay (like I did :o ) but even a few words would let GLAAD know that you are another player wanting more information about this content.

If anyone wants to use my letter as a template, let me know and I'll PM it to you. Just change up the wording some.

Remember, it's never a waste to express your voice!

Oh and you're welcome for the link. If you are curious about the state of SGRs to this point, check out my signature.

Edited by natashina

**pops back in**

It wouldn't be a waste. Even a simple sentence or two would convey the message. You don't have to write an essay (like I did :o ) but even a few words would let GLAAD know that you are another player wanting more information about this content.

If anyone wants to use my letter as a template, let me know and I'll PM it to you. Just change up the wording some.

Remember, it's never a waste to express your voice!

Oh and you're welcome for the link. If you are curious about the state of SGRs to this point, check out my signature.

Well, consider my support officially added.

I'm pretty up to date as to the state of SGRs, but thanks for the concern. I've been following the thread daily for the last while. This is my most wanted feature, mostly so I can romance women on my women characters, but also so that my buddy can romance dudes with his dude. It's mostly for selfish reasons though. :D